U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-08-2019, 08:59 PM
 
Location: Tennessee/Michigan
28,153 posts, read 47,234,318 times
Reputation: 19628

Advertisements

As parents of toddlers know, nature doesn't always call at the most convenient time.

Brooke Johns was driving in Augusta, Georgia, when her 3-year-old son told her he was in urgent need of a bathroom. She pulled into a gas station parking lot, only to realize that they wouldn't make it to the restroom.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/08/healt...rnd/index.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-09-2019, 05:46 AM
 
Location: Plainfield NJ
155 posts, read 52,374 times
Reputation: 492
Jeez its like the po po never saw a toddler before. Kids always wait to tell you until they are bursting and in public its almost always an emergency
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 07:53 AM
Status: "I have strong opinions and won't apologize for them." (set 1 day ago)
 
Location: Texas
8,533 posts, read 3,231,450 times
Reputation: 17925
She shouldn't have been cited by police for that. That's crazy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 08:03 AM
 
Location: Winterpeg
810 posts, read 299,844 times
Reputation: 3393
I'd bet that she escalated things when told to take her kid to the bathroom that was right there. She says in the article that she could have taken him in to the gas station, but chose not to.

Why do people excuse boys whipping it out and peeing anywhere? If this was a girl who dropped her pants and squatted there would be different reactions. A 3 year old who isn't capable of holding it needs to be in a pull up in public, not being taught to let it fly wherever you are. That's a big part of toilet training.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 08:05 AM
 
Location: Florida
5,248 posts, read 3,478,009 times
Reputation: 10196
"I observed the male's genitals"? This is a three-year-old and the mom was shielding him (I assume by standing between him and any potential onlookers)... this cop sounds like a perverted creep who has never met a toddler.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 08:08 AM
 
Location: Florida
5,248 posts, read 3,478,009 times
Reputation: 10196
Quote:
Originally Posted by bondaroo View Post
I'd bet that she escalated things when told to take her kid to the bathroom that was right there. She says in the article that she could have taken him in to the gas station, but chose not to.

Why do people excuse boys whipping it out and peeing anywhere? If this was a girl who dropped her pants and squatted there would be different reactions. A 3 year old who isn't capable of holding it needs to be in a pull up in public, not being taught to let it fly wherever you are. That's a big part of toilet training.
I bet she didn't escalate things because by the time the cop would have made it over to her, the kid would be done peeing. Also, it says in the article that they weren't going to make it to the bathroom because the boy was about to pee his pants and, being 34 weeks pregnant, she wasn't going to be able to scoop him up and run him in. She also stated that if someone else was already occupying the bathroom, the kid would have peed on the gas station floor, which would have been much worse than peeing in a parking lot.

Have you ever had a three year old? LOL At some point, they get out of the pullups and they still have occasional accidents. THAT is a big part of toilet training.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 08:27 AM
 
Location: Winterpeg
810 posts, read 299,844 times
Reputation: 3393
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
I bet she didn't escalate things because by the time the cop would have made it over to her, the kid would be done peeing. Also, it says in the article that they weren't going to make it to the bathroom because the boy was about to pee his pants and, being 34 weeks pregnant, she wasn't going to be able to scoop him up and run him in. She also stated that if someone else was already occupying the bathroom, the kid would have peed on the gas station floor, which would have been much worse than peeing in a parking lot.

Have you ever had a three year old? LOL At some point, they get out of the pullups and they still have occasional accidents. THAT is a big part of toilet training.
Yep, I did. And yes, she did have an accident or two that I didn't know about until she had already had them. When she was that age I carried extra clothing for her just in case. But I never told her to just drop her pants and squat wherever was convenient for me. The boy in the OP didn't have an accident, because his mom is teaching him to just go wherever you are in public.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 08:45 AM
 
Location: Plainfield NJ
155 posts, read 52,374 times
Reputation: 492
I truly don't understand how someone gets upset about this. Even if she told him to do it, hes 3. We let 3 year olds get away with things that are unacceptable for adults to do because they are children and sometimes there is no helping it. Children learn as they grow up the standards of acceptable behavior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 08:52 AM
 
Location: Florida
5,248 posts, read 3,478,009 times
Reputation: 10196
Quote:
Originally Posted by bondaroo View Post
Yep, I did. And yes, she did have an accident or two that I didn't know about until she had already had them. When she was that age I carried extra clothing for her just in case. But I never told her to just drop her pants and squat wherever was convenient for me. The boy in the OP didn't have an accident, because his mom is teaching him to just go wherever you are in public.
In my experience, boys' accidents are more urgent than girls' accidents. I don't know why that is. If the mom hadn't let him go there, he'd have just peed his pants. I'm not sure that would have been preferable. Also, I think it's fairly common and mostly accepted for little boys (under the age of 6 or so) to pee outdoors... they have the anatomy to allow it. I know, not fair to the little girls, but it is what it is.

I'm sure this dumb citation will get thrown out. Though it is Georgia, so we'll see, I guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 01:19 PM
 
3,147 posts, read 1,426,183 times
Reputation: 3488
Well ,that cop was doing no one a service, but his own ego. These type of so called heroes, protecting the people from pee pee boy.

Dogs can be free to pee in the streets, but not pee pee boy.

I hope mom fits the tickets and admits nothing. I was adjusting his pants is all she needs to say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top