U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2019, 08:33 AM

26,141 posts, read 24,206,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefong123 View Post
The best solution is to have many friends. Bullies tend to not mess with you if they know your friends will protect or defend you. A bully can beat up one person but when you are with friends, he will be too scared to mess with the whole group. Just knowing that threat alone, most bullies avoid it.

Bully pick the weak and the loners. They are easy prey. 1 person may be weak but a group of weak people together equals strength.
Right, and therein comes your shooters....when you have loners, who are constantly being picked on, day after day, you can understand, and granted I am not advocating school shootings, but if the bullies are picking on a weak minded kid, or a mentally disturbed kid, all he knows is, he wants it to stop, and so, he tries to make it stop.

This is very dangerous....and American's have to stop and think about where this is all coming from....it's a lot of time, not all the time, b/c a child is being bullied.... some take their lives to make it stop....it's becoming a huge problem.

When you see how aggressive people are becoming in forums, in news feeds, and even now a days on the road, you can understand this....this is most of the time, not all a learned behavior...

So, I suggest that young people stop caring about putting a video on line and start to stop making their kids cry, or scaring them when they are little, b/c what these parents are doing is teaching their kids it's ok to bully others...and you don't do that to a little kid to begin with....it isn't funny....

am I making any sense?

Last edited by cremebrulee; 04-18-2019 at 09:57 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2019, 06:51 AM

5,296 posts, read 5,195,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
One of the people who bullied me all throughout my schooling applied for the assistant job I was hiring for last year. Needless to say, he's still a jerk and I threw his resume right into the garbage.

It's a wonderful feeling to be a director and then someone who bullied you is applying to be your assistant … ahh that amused me (I don't think he realized it was my job)
Should have hired and then tortured them.

Old 04-24-2019, 06:10 AM

5,313 posts, read 7,507,083 times
Bullies do so because they are feeling bad about themselves. The only way to make themselves feel better is to put others down. Maybe it’s happening in their home. Maybe the parents are treating the child like that. Regardless, it needs to be handled.

We had the same thing happen. I told the school over and over again. They did nothing. It was always one word against the other. When did it stop? When they fought back. Only one had to hit a bully. The other two said things that completely embarrassed the bullies.

After months of getting no help dealing with the problem, I told them to handle it. Yes, I did give them bits of information to use to embarrass the bullies. I have no regrets. It completely stopped.

Old 04-25-2019, 11:42 AM

1,715 posts, read 682,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I've seen videos online of how kids have meltdowns when they do loose, or can't have their ways, and the parents laugh, and when you leave a comment about how not funny this is, and how this will carry on in the child's life, they tell you to lighten up...they do not realize the dangers in laughing at a child, when a child is in distress...therefore, the child learns it is ok to treat others that way.
How old are these children?

I hate to tell you this, but when you leave a comment, you're judging them, and when they tell you to lighten up, it's a defensive reaction that means they didn't like your judgment.

I always observe my children's reactions to see unearth their inherent personalities. When children melt down, that means they're very competitive.

Parents laughing, maybe because they're in public or even if they're at home, they're being videotaped so they know people are watching, so they taper their reaction since laughing is often a neutral reaction to embarrassing behavior.

Old 04-25-2019, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sas318 View Post

I hate to tell you this, but when you leave a comment, you're judging them, and when they tell you to lighten up, it's a defensive reaction that means they didn't like your judgment.

I always observe my children's reactions to see unearth their inherent personalities. When children melt down, that means they're very competitive.

Parents laughing, maybe because they're in public or even if they're at home, they're being videotaped so they know people are watching, so they taper their reaction since laughing is often a neutral reaction to embarrassing behavior.
no, actually, it is intention by the parent, the turn on the video tape and scare the bejesus out of these toddlers and younger....I actually deleted Kootkids, for that very reason....parents today are immature and do not seem to realize the great repsonsibility they have in raising their children. Not every parent but a lot of them....too many....

one kid couldn't even speak, and the parent had the kid in a shopping cart and put on a gorilla mask, and scared the kid so badly....he screamed, and the parents thought it was funny.

Another scared the kid so badly he turned and ran and ran right into the wall and fell to the floor, all the while the parents were laughing....

and these are only two I remember....and these two were not even talking yet.

Some comments were left by several people telling them they were wrong for doing this....

and these are the kids that grow up thinking it's ok to verbally hurt others, even push them...mock them, leave them sitting alone at the lunch table.

I'm so invested in this b/c my cousin's son is autistic, and he was being bullied so badly, he wanted to kill himself....

A short time ago, the reason why one boy went on a shooting spree at school was b/c he was being bullied.

We humans are our own worst enemy....

We've got to teach parenting classes and the impact one episode may have on a child....scaring kids/toddlers, is not a nice thing to do.

One whole family convinced the sister, to say something, and repeat it, and then pretended she was invisible. She was ohhhh, maybe 12 or 13 years old. The mother pretended she couldn't see her daughter and the daughter had a complete fear meltdown. I mean she was screaming, "mom, Mom, I'm here, I'm right here???????" She was terrified...

So very sad, that people think this is funny. they shouldn't be parents....so unfair to do to a little kid or child.

Quite frankly, I don't care if they thought I was judging them...I was abused as a child....and to me, this is a form of abuse....

awful thing for a parent to do...

the kid that was bullying my child, was being abused at home....often wonder where he is now...that was in 7th grade I believe? Maybe 8th? Can't remember, but I certainly do remember how unraveled it made my child....

I see how ugly people are to each other in these forums....and so do others, and you just know, their kids will grow up the same way....

People are really ugly to each other...and why for what? And while they may have a following on here, for being nasty to another poster, others can easily see what bullies they are....

Old 04-25-2019, 08:45 PM

Location: Where rhotic consonants are either absent or intrusive
8,843 posts, read 5,132,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
yes, unfortunately some will do that....I believe no matter what we do, there will always be bullies in our lives...but child bullying is becoming a huge problem....and I believe that comes from several areas of how the present parents were raised....no, not everyone should get a trophy, and not everyone succeeds at all things....kids have to be taught how to loose.

I've seen videos online of how kids have meltdowns when they do loose, or can't have their ways, and the parents laugh, and when you leave a comment about how not funny this is, and how this will carry on in the child's life, they tell you to lighten up...they do not realize the dangers in laughing at a child, when a child is in distress...therefore, the child learns it is ok to treat others that way.

Sad....kids have to learn they cannot have it their way all the time.
The heart of the issue is not respecting that children are people.

Old 05-01-2019, 02:56 PM

431 posts, read 104,701 times
Recently read about the girl looked around 9ish didn’t want to take the school bus anymore said she was being bullied , her father took her to meet the bus asked about his daughter being bullied on his bus , the driver said Being bullied ? she’s the bully , no one wants her on the bus , he said I have video Tapes of her if you want to stop by the school and see it , if not just ask any of her “friends” on the bus they’ll tell you all about her .
After hearing all about her behavior. He made his daughter walk to school and back for a month , he took the videos of her walking as he followed her in his car to make sure she was safe walking alone of course , I guess it cured her .

Old 05-02-2019, 02:18 AM

24,341 posts, read 23,349,010 times
Years ago, my husband and I rented a house which happened to be next door to the neighborhood bully. He didn't pick on everyone, but had favorites. The victims were boys near his age. They might be a bit older, taller, stronger, and he didn't care. He knew a potential victim when he saw one.

My husband talked to the police about it because the boy had threatened to kill my son. The little punk was nine years old! I had a meeting with the school principle who alerted the bus driver. I spoke to the driver, too.

I drove my son to school as often as I could, but I couldn't manage it every day. I'm pretty sure that he's the one who bent my car antennae, keyed my car, and broke my flower pots. Everyone else in the neighborhood was very nice and seemed relatively normal. His older brother and younger sister seemed OK.

Old 05-02-2019, 04:04 AM

2,780 posts, read 1,478,535 times
Quote:

Going by your examples, can't we just say anyone leaving any kind of comment is a "reaction"? So when Cremebrulee leaves a comment it is her reaction and not a judgment. When the parents leave a comment to Cremebrulee it is also a reaction.

Old 05-02-2019, 04:30 AM

Quote:

I honestly don't care how they feel towards me, meltdowns can also mean, they are frightened, annoyed, can't have their way, etc...or because someone told them NO. People as well as kids don't do things or react, for one reason, but many. It depends on their environment, how they are being raised, etc. And yes, it can mean they are competitive but....

As I said before, you don't scare a toddler or younger, that can't even talk yet, or can't walk, or just learning to walk, so much so that the poor kid runs into a wall, and you think that's funny...(not you, meaning you in general) it is wrong and a form of abuse...not to mention, your teaching the kid it's ok to do so, and it's not. That is why kids go to school and think it's harmless play when they mock other kids...or bully them. Most of the time, it's learned behavior from home.

And judging them...just b/c your a parent, doesn't mean you know everything there is to know about parenting...believe me, it is a learning experience....and a young parent, doesn't always realize the harm they are inflicting on their children...until you grow older...nor do your realize the great responsibility of being a parent....someone's got to wake up and start teaching our youth, how to parent and the importance of a stable environment before kids have kids....

Where else would you think bullying comes from? Kids listen to their parents, and today there is so much political hate going on in homes, that when you speak unkindly about a president, or a movie star, or someone in your family, your kids are listening and think that is acceptable behavior, so they do it when they go to school.....

like it or not, if they think I'm judging them, then they refuse to grasp a concept that they may be doing something wrong...or take it as a personal attack against their parenting...and they should...you don't scare a child like that, life for little kids now a days is rough enough...and there are way too many unstable homes out there...

People, grown adults will do anything to get a video on the network...and in doing so, they use their kids to gain admiration and laughs, it's not funny...and believe me, I wasn't the only person who protested their behavior....there were many both young and old who felt as I did...

Last edited by cremebrulee; 05-02-2019 at 04:44 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or