U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2019, 10:58 AM

4,923 posts, read 2,272,349 times

Advertisements

A kid in my twins’ (2nd set of twins) graduating class was named Mufasa.

I actually love that.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2019, 11:14 AM

2,591 posts, read 1,285,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Well, opinions vary & you are entitled to yours. Even if I am too sensitive, it’s still just a mean thing to say.

My little girl’s name was Jessica. She had five brothers, including a twin brother & I was so excited to finally be able to name my baby girl!

If only she were still here to hear me say her name; the last time her name & therefore her existence, was remembered by another was when I received a letter in the mail for ‘Jessica’ ... the itemized bill from the ambulance service that was accidentally sent to me instead of the insurance company.
A very sad story indeed. My condolences.

Old 06-05-2019, 11:25 AM

9,519 posts, read 13,433,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvette Ministries View Post
Might as well include Taylor, Monroe, Harrison, Tyler, Kennedy and Wilson!
I like Taylor!

Old 06-05-2019, 01:24 PM

21,153 posts, read 11,754,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
A kid in my twins’ (2nd set of twins) graduating class was named Mufasa.

I actually love that.
I wonder if he'll grow up and marry a Sarabi.

Old 06-05-2019, 02:12 PM

605 posts, read 151,213 times
You could look up the etymology of a name you choose and see if it is an interesting read. At least then they'd have a conversation starter.

Old 06-05-2019, 02:13 PM

276 posts, read 73,791 times
So people here are probably wondering why I said Jessica is such a bad name. Well here is why, its a blasphemous name, it makes fun of Jesus. Think about it, it starts out with the first three letters, J, e, s, and then continues with its own different letters, so its making a mockery out of it. So that is why Jessica is such a bad name.

Old 06-05-2019, 02:22 PM

6,464 posts, read 4,063,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetJustice View Post
So people here are probably wondering why I said Jessica is such a bad name. Well here is why, its a blasphemous name, it makes fun of Jesus. Think about it, it starts out with the first three letters, J, e, s, and then continues with its own different letters, so its making a mockery out of it. So that is why Jessica is such a bad name.
Have you really thought this through? In the first place, Jesus's real name wasn't "Jesus." Jesus is just an English spelling of a Greek form of his original Hebrew/Aramaic name.

In the second, a word that starts with the same letters as another word isn't automatically "making fun of" the other word. Jesse was a respectable biblical character in Jesus's genealogy. Does the name Jesse make fun of Jesus? Really, you're not being logical.

Old 06-05-2019, 02:27 PM

633 posts, read 238,000 times
Quote:
That is one of the most absurd things I've read on this site. What a stretch of a thing to be triggered by.

Old 06-05-2019, 02:35 PM

16,079 posts, read 17,876,536 times
Quote:
You have no clue.

The name Jessica is a Hebrew baby name. In Hebrew the meaning of the name Jessica is: Rich. God beholds. It is derived from the name Jesca or Jesse which is the name of Haran's daughter in the Bible. These names are derived from the Hebrew 'yīshai', meaning "gift".

Old 06-05-2019, 02:42 PM

691 posts, read 236,325 times
Quote:
How about the names Christine and Christopher, do those names mock Christ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting