U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2019, 07:36 AM

12,130 posts, read 9,875,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trtewe View Post
I'm a mother and my daughter is in high school. When it comes to fashion, she likes wearing low rise jeans. I must say that she looks good in low rise, like a typical Southern lady.

But a few months ago, she was hanging out with her little brother on the monkey bars at a playground. She swung up and that's when I realized her underwear was sticking out about an inch at the back of her jeans. I wanted to tell her, but I waited to see if she or her brother would realize. Neither of them realized. And I kept quiet after that because I wanted to see if this would happen in the future. It turns out that it happened occasionally, but not often.

I was thinking that this is a big deal and I should tell her and take her to buy new underwear. I believe her current panties are low rise enough at the front, but too high at the back. Or maybe it's because they ride up at the back. But do you ladies think this is a big deal or would you just ignore it? After all, it's just her panties and it's not like she did this on purpose.
I would NOT think it is a big deal. For goodness sake, talk about making a mountain out of a molehill. I would just say hey your underwear shows. If you want, we can go get new underwear. Done.

Old 06-21-2019, 07:37 AM

12,130 posts, read 9,875,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post
Here is what my daughter would tell you "I'm comfortable in my clothes and I'm not responsible for what others might think if they get a glimpse of my undies at the back of my pants.
BOOM! Love that, Mamma.

Old 06-21-2019, 08:20 AM

2,294 posts, read 2,678,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Low-rise jeans isn't what comes to mind for most people, I think, when they hear "typical Southern lady". Just saying. Nor does playing on the monkey bars.
Exactly what I was thinking. Southern lady? lol She sounds like a tomboy to me - (that's not a bad thing.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
I would NOT think it is a big deal. For goodness sake, talk about making a mountain out of a molehill. I would just say hey your underwear shows. If you want, we can go get new underwear. Done.
This! It's not a big deal.

Old 06-21-2019, 08:41 AM

881 posts, read 335,454 times
Low rise jeans are out of fashion, no teenager I see now are wearing them.

The whole first post is showing a weird obsession with a girl's underwear. Sometimes underwear peeks out of clothing, it happens. Hardly a serious situation regarding parental handwringing.

Old 06-21-2019, 09:49 AM

2,426 posts, read 5,045,673 times
Less underwear will just mean more butt showing. Underwear is UNDERwear and shouldn't be showing on girls or boys, men or women. Longer shirts or a tight tank underneath the loose shirts that ride up.

Old 06-21-2019, 10:04 AM

602 posts, read 202,725 times
Yeah, this is a strange thread. Plus, it seems preferable to flash a bit of underwear rather than butt crack. Or thongs. That wasn't a fun time in fashion.

Old 06-21-2019, 10:08 AM

31,628 posts, read 19,947,296 times
You can mention and ask her if she wants to go buy low rise panties, but most kids don't care.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs

Old 06-21-2019, 10:39 AM

1,715 posts, read 1,584,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Eyes View Post
Less underwear will just mean more butt showing. Underwear is UNDERwear and shouldn't be showing on girls or boys, men or women. Longer shirts or a tight tank underneath the loose shirts that ride up.
I was about to comment that at least her butt wasn't hanging out or a whale tale. My underwear always stick out of the top of my pants, I like big old bloomers for every day wear.

Old 06-21-2019, 10:48 AM

37,096 posts, read 45,604,555 times
I would have told her her underwear was hanging out the back of her jeans. If she cared, Iíd get her new, if she didnít, fine.

I donít really understand the delicacy.

Old 06-21-2019, 11:58 AM

13,570 posts, read 21,713,951 times
Back in the olden days, we wondered if we should tell a lady/girl her slip was showing or if there was a runner in her hose.

Now days a little one inch of panty showing above the waist line when a lady/girl is doing strenuous stooping, bending over or playing on the monkey bars is no big deal.

If it doesn't bother your daughter, let it go. Sounds like she was having fun playing on the monkey bars. I really seriously doubt anyone thinks anything of it unless that person is some kind of weird
Dayton, Akron-Canton in Ohio
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or