U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2019, 12:21 PM

9,354 posts, read 6,251,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
Again, it was NOT a nude beach.

Weird you keep mentioning it.

She just likes to post anything just to post

I've been to nude beaches in Europe and californikation. All you see (if you look, which is not polite) is obese old people like me

I was driving from Tampa to Ocala and I 75 was shut down due to a massive accident.

This was probably 40 years ago

Passed a sign for Paradise Lakes Nudist colony and it said National Nudist week, free tours. I said what the hell! I was there for about an hour (my guide was an 80 YO man, s l o w) It was really no big deal, like the beaches in Europe, EXCEPT it was mainly old men. Some older women and very few 20s and 30s. Mainly grandparents

What really bothered me was all the older men watching the young children play. NOT FOR ME!

I don't know how old is too old to change at public beaches, but the more old men, the younger the ages should be
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2019, 12:38 PM

23,678 posts, read 8,235,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
She just likes to post anything just to post

I've been to nude beaches in Europe and californikation. All you see (if you look, which is not polite) is obese old people like me

I was driving from Tampa to Ocala and I 75 was shut down due to a massive accident.

This was probably 40 years ago

Passed a sign for Paradise Lakes Nudist colony and it said National Nudist week, free tours. I said what the hell! I was there for about an hour (my guide was an 80 YO man, s l o w) It was really no big deal, like the beaches in Europe, EXCEPT it was mainly old men. Some older women and very few 20s and 30s. Mainly grandparents

What really bothered me was all the older men watching the young children play. NOT FOR ME!

I don't know how old is too old to change at public beaches, but the more old men, the younger the ages should be
Why are you telling your stories about nude beaches, just to post anything?

Old 06-23-2019, 01:57 PM

9,354 posts, read 6,251,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Why are you telling your stories about nude beaches, just to post anything?

Unlike you, I posted to make a point on original topic:

Quote:

Old 06-23-2019, 04:52 PM

6,188 posts, read 2,856,740 times
Having a bit of decorum in public takes practice. My mother had seven kids...she often did the make shift towel dressing. She made it into a magic show for us to get out of our wet swimsuits. It can be done.

My kids were not for public fodder so pardon if I raised them to have some pride in their personal body. Nothing prudish about having some privacy.

I did enjoy the person who said American citizens fear being nude. No. It's not fear. Otherwise we'd not enjoy showers or a bathtub. Why ,the fear ,would keep us from that now wouldn't it?

At two my son loved being birth suited...all fine and well. We lived in a private area. Come winter time....on went the clothes and he was fine. That was his phase. By 4 or 5 he became aware of his body was his. Ergo,he had dignity .
Sorry (not), exhibitionism and voyeurism just isn't written into our family traditions. Loved the hippie days...but that era is long gone .and for good reason.

Old 06-23-2019, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Having a bit of decorum in public takes practice. My mother had seven kids...she often did the make shift towel dressing. She made it into a magic show for us to get out of our wet swimsuits. It can be done.

My kids were not for public fodder so pardon if I raised them to have some pride in their personal body. Nothing prudish about having some privacy.

I did enjoy the person who said American citizens fear being nude. No. It's not fear. Otherwise we'd not enjoy showers or a bathtub. Why ,the fear ,would keep us from that now wouldn't it?

At two my son loved being birth suited...all fine and well. We lived in a private area. Come winter time....on went the clothes and he was fine. That was his phase. By 4 or 5 he became aware of his body was his. Ergo,he had dignity .
Sorry (not), exhibitionism and voyeurism just isn't written into our family traditions. Loved the hippie days...but that era is long gone .and for good reason.
It was probably me and I guess I could have said Shame vs Fear but maybe both.

Old 06-23-2019, 05:32 PM

1,420 posts, read 797,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post

Because old men are pedophiles...???

Old 06-23-2019, 07:06 PM

5,578 posts, read 5,093,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexTheCat View Post
At 6 to 7 years old, a child will know whether or not they want to be changed in public, so I would let them make that decision.
We have no idea how the child felt. She could have been mortified, but powerless to do anything to let her mother know that. Her own personal reaction to the situation could be damaging to her in ways that we can never know.

Old 06-23-2019, 07:16 PM

There is a lot we don't know as we were NOT there and if I ever witnessed that I'd think nothing of it and certainly not post the story on social media. And I know me and it would not have bothered me for a second.

Old 06-23-2019, 09:59 PM

6,955 posts, read 3,860,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post
We have no idea how the child felt. She could have been mortified, but powerless to do anything to let her mother know that. Her own personal reaction to the situation could be damaging to her in ways that we can never know.

Is there anything in the OP to lead one to believe the child was mute?

Old 06-24-2019, 04:01 AM

9,133 posts, read 2,998,035 times
At the kind of beaches where I go, no one of any age makes any change of clothes, other than to throw them all off. So the topic here, is moot there. So silly and pointless from our perspective, is this debate. Such is the repressed world, still under the boot of Victorianism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting