Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2019, 11:56 AM

1,479 posts, read 1,309,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Wear shades and you better never go to a nudist camp. Talk about freedom, that's when one is truly free. No judgements.
I don’t care if their nude there, that way they can have freedom to be nude and I have freedom not to look at them. A win win situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2019, 01:45 PM

23,866 posts, read 33,561,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFarm34 View Post
I was recently at a beach where it was very busy. While I was there, I saw a mom help change her daughter out of her swimsuit into dry clothes in full view of everyone around them. This young girl looked to be about 6-7 years old and was quite overweight. I had noticed the girl was starting to develop in her chest area.

At the beach there's nice changing stalls near the bathrooms for that purpose. Even if the kid didn't care about changing in front of everyone, I thought it was very inappropriate. The mom was there with 2 other ladies and children. She could of been more discreet about it. Never know if some weirdo may be lurking around the beach. I was a bit disgusted by it.

I think once the kids are out of diapers or pull-ups, kids shouldn't be changing in full view of everyone especially if they're starting to develop. I felt bad for the young girl being exposed like that in front of everyone.
Agree 100%. Who knows if a man that sexually likes children could have taken photos of the girl to jack off with later. He could also follow them home to grab the girl later.

Old 06-22-2019, 02:04 PM

28,667 posts, read 18,788,917 times
When they get old enough to notice the difference and are too young to wait until later to ask about it.

Old 06-22-2019, 02:05 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,684,015 times
Follow indecent exposure laws. Topless is legal in most states, but exposing the genitals is illegal.

Old 06-22-2019, 02:15 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,749,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Agree 100%. Who knows if a man that sexually likes children could have taken photos of the girl to jack off with later. He could also follow them home to grab the girl later.
Oh please with all the almost nude bikini bodies at the beach that terrible guy can do anything.

Old 06-22-2019, 02:37 PM

6,222 posts, read 3,599,623 times
I think Americans are way too prude about this. I personally wouldn't have my 8 year old daughter change in public, but I don't think it's a big deal if people of any age do.

Old 06-22-2019, 02:41 PM

6,885 posts, read 7,890,726 times
Well, I'm a teacher and we would certainly not allow any of our students to strip down in front of others in school. So IMHO school age children should not strip at the beach.

The mom could have held up a towel for changing.

Old 06-22-2019, 02:44 PM

19,803 posts, read 9,357,559 times
I don't see why the fact that the child being overweight has anything to do with the title of the thread.

However, to answer the question, I personally don't think any child over the age of three should be naked in front of strangers. Yes, it is true that the great majority of people are NOT pedophiles and that, imo, many parents do tend to be much too protective of their kids these days, but I just don't see any reason to take any risks when it is not at all necessary.

Last edited by katharsis; 06-22-2019 at 03:00 PM..

Old 06-22-2019, 03:55 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
If you are French, the age is 88 or whenever you can last be at the beach.....

Seriously, tho, 6 or 7 is no big deal. Starting to develop? That's fat and even if it wasn't.......

I would say about akin to 1st grade in most places in the USA....so maybe 7+ assuming it is discrete. Americans are definitely victorian and prudish, so you can't have them walking around in their god given birthday suits.

Old 06-22-2019, 04:17 PM

17,574 posts, read 13,355,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFarm34 View Post
I was recently at a beach where it was very busy. While I was there, I saw a mom help change her daughter out of her swimsuit into dry clothes in full view of everyone around them. This young girl looked to be about 6-7 years old and was quite overweight. I had noticed the girl was starting to develop in her chest area.

At the beach there's nice changing stalls near the bathrooms for that purpose. Even if the kid didn't care about changing in front of everyone, I thought it was very inappropriate. The mom was there with 2 other ladies and children. She could of been more discreet about it. Never know if some weirdo may be lurking around the beach. I was a bit disgusted by it.

I think once the kids are out of diapers or pull-ups, kids shouldn't be changing in full view of everyone especially if they're starting to develop. I felt bad for the young girl being exposed like that in front of everyone.

Why were you looking?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting