Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2019, 05:18 PM

2,307 posts, read 2,995,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
mmm, not having a stick up ones butt about nudity = slacker country, food borne illness and dog poop.
Not having a sense of humor = never having lived in Spain
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2019, 06:11 PM

1,141 posts, read 2,203,689 times
Norms in the US? It's not uniform all throughout the nation. I don't see how this can be an issue in the San Francisco Bay Area. There are nude beaches in many parts of the country, and there are Americans going to them! And there are nude photos of the First Lady of the USA available online for anyone to see! I even know American citizens saying that those are all right...

A six-year old girl changing on a beach is an issue? Wonder what harm she has done to anyone who won't just look the other way. Her family is failing her? Oh... I don't know why she has to wear a wet swimsuit and let water with pee and sewage dry on her skin, and get skin problems from that as a result. Or maybe it's better to just offend anyone on the beach who are not minding their own business.

Old 06-27-2019, 06:29 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,486,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamposite View Post
I think Americans are way too prude about this. I personally wouldn't have my 8 year old daughter change in public, but I don't think it's a big deal if people of any age do.
And the only reason I wouldn't want to have my daughter change is because of people like here on this thread.

Old 06-27-2019, 06:55 PM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Why were you looking?

My thoughts exactly. I think Pete Townsend got in trouble for something like that but on the internet. Claimed to be doing research or something.

Old 06-28-2019, 06:19 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,119,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFarm34 View Post
I was recently at a beach where it was very busy. While I was there, I saw a mom help change her daughter out of her swimsuit into dry clothes in full view of everyone around them. This young girl looked to be about 6-7 years old and was quite overweight. I had noticed the girl was starting to develop in her chest area.

At the beach there's nice changing stalls near the bathrooms for that purpose. Even if the kid didn't care about changing in front of everyone, I thought it was very inappropriate. The mom was there with 2 other ladies and children. She could of been more discreet about it. Never know if some weirdo may be lurking around the beach. I was a bit disgusted by it.

I think once the kids are out of diapers or pull-ups, kids shouldn't be changing in full view of everyone especially if they're starting to develop. I felt bad for the young girl being exposed like that in front of everyone.
The defenders of the spectacle will also see nothing wrong with nursing at that age!

Old 06-28-2019, 06:24 AM

1,962 posts, read 1,818,378 times
I think anything over a toddler age (2-3) is to old. To many creeps out there. If they have changing stalls why not use them?

Old 06-28-2019, 07:06 AM

5,712 posts, read 4,289,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt87 View Post
I think anything over a toddler age (2-3) is to old. To many creeps out there. If they have changing stalls why not use them?

That's the beauty of this. We don't know why, and we don't care. Maybe there was a creepy person in there-we don't know and we don't care. Maybe there was someone in there who she didn't want to see, like her ex-we don't know and we don't care. Maybe it smelled bad-we don't know. Maybe she had waited for a free room and didn't want to wait anymore-we don't know. Maybe she was new and didn't know there were changing rooms-we don't know. Maybe they were from Europe and didn't know being naked for a couple of seconds in public would ruin some fragile American's life-we don't know. Maybe the child asked for help getting out of her suit asap for some reason- we don't know. Maybe the OP was the only person who didn't politely turn away if they were offended-we don't know. Maybe the beach wasn't really that "busy" after all-we don't know.

But we don't need to know the actual facts, people or circumstances in order to condemn someone on the internet. We can take tiny snippets of unknown accuracy that some anonymous person posts and fill in the blanks with our imagination and moral outrage.

Old 06-28-2019, 08:07 AM

2,605 posts, read 2,711,744 times
I had my period in the month I turned 9 years old and by then I already had cup A boobs. I remember developing long before because my mom wouldn't let me play in the rain with other kids & I couldn't understand why and she kept saying its because I have grown faster than the other kids so can't be like them. So it is possible for 7 year old to start developing

Old 06-28-2019, 08:43 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,630 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keraT View Post
I had my period in the month I turned 9 years old and by then I already had cup A boobs. I remember developing long before because my mom wouldn't let me play in the rain with other kids & I couldn't understand why and she kept saying its because I have grown faster than the other kids so can't be like them. So it is possible for 7 year old to start developing
:-(

Old 06-28-2019, 11:01 AM

29,266 posts, read 16,753,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
The defenders of the spectacle will also see nothing wrong with nursing at that age!
Wow, some minds believe this natural act was a spectacle....wonder what they feel a real one is....geeeezzzz
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting