U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2019, 10:45 PM

23,679 posts, read 8,235,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbtondo View Post
If you want a happy life get a new S/O. You'll be fighting this battle forever. Problem solved.
Mother's child comes first here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2019, 03:19 PM

222 posts, read 70,415 times
Head for the hills, brother!

Old 07-01-2019, 03:36 PM

21,848 posts, read 14,356,798 times
You are getting a lot of advice about leaving your SO. I think it might be hard for you to think along these lines, but honestly project out another 15 years. Imagine living with this unhappy and hostile child all that time. It is obvious that your presence does not make her happy, and is probably stressing your SO, as well.

My advice is to move out, and find another place to sleep.

I suppose you might be able to salvage some sort of relationship with this woman, but you have to count the cost to yourself.

And if you decide to stay, say for a couple of years, and you invest of yourself in the child, and she is still acting out and is difficult, leaving would be much harder on her then, than it would be now.

I think your SO needs to find help in managing her child, who sounds as if she if out of control now. I feel sorry for her, I really do. But you have ask yourself if your being in the family is helping or hindering. I think you know the answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting