U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2019, 05:01 PM

3,293 posts, read 1,556,250 times

Advertisements

Tell your boy that everything in life is a learning experience. If your son were to get even,with your support,he might feel better.

Live to fight another day! Most kids are scared to fight,although men are built to be warriors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2019, 05:08 PM

23,644 posts, read 8,219,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapikap View Post
Tell your boy that everything in life is a learning experience. If your son were to get even,with your support,he might feel better.

Live to fight another day! Most kids are scared to fight,although men are built to be warriors.
So you are saying the kids should be fighting, fists, knives, and guns???????

Boy I could go on and on about all the warriors but another topic.

Old 07-05-2019, 06:50 PM

978 posts, read 297,496 times
You need to tell the school to do an intervention. The principal needs to step in. The school social worker/psychologist needs to be involved. His teachers need to make a plan up.

My child was bullied. I called the school a million times asking for help. Then we had a lawyer write a letter to the principal. Suddenly, we got their attention. Sometimes, only a threat of a lawsuit helps.

The following year, we switched schools.

Old 07-05-2019, 07:24 PM

23,644 posts, read 8,219,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorktownGal View Post
You need to tell the school to do an intervention. The principal needs to step in. The school social worker/psychologist needs to be involved. His teachers need to make a plan up.

My child was bullied. I called the school a million times asking for help. Then we had a lawyer write a letter to the principal. Suddenly, we got their attention. Sometimes, only a threat of a lawsuit helps.

The following year, we switched schools.
On this subject, a sports coach at my grandson's school was hard on him in a bullying way and my daughter went to the principal for a talk about this. The kids are doing their best and some teachers and coaches just push and push and push, too hard.

Old 07-05-2019, 11:04 PM

7,721 posts, read 9,015,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty... View Post
My 12 year old son had a fight against a schoolmate at school today. When a teacher broke it up he got a bloody nose whereas his opponent got off without wounds.

His class calls him a loser and winds him up.

What would you advise him to take action that they stop teasing him?

Thanks for your help!
Holy ****, you're still in school? It's past the 4th of July! Has he talked to the counselor?

Old 07-06-2019, 07:15 AM

313 posts, read 205,667 times
As a person who was a weak, scared kid, I can say that while getting the school involved is fine and may be necessary, the kid needs to learn the mental and physical skills to cope. I can also say that when teasers or bullies get a kid wound up, that's positive reinforcement for them to keep targeting the individual, and bullies are everywhere, so separating him from this particular situation is not enough. Finally, while you do and should want to help, the kid ABSOLUTELY needs to learn to cope without your help and to have the confidence that he can, this is vital for his happiness and success going forward. (See proverb about giving fish vs teaching fishing.)

I would advise martial arts training, something that emphasized both actual contact fighting for adequately trained students, and also the mental/spiritual aspects. Maybe go with him to visit and watch a class at several different schools and let him choose? E.g. Jiu Jitsu, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, an Aikido school which doesn't completely de-emphasize combat.

Please remember that if he is rescued from bullies, he will carry that memory throughout his life. When he gets to the point where he can face down a bully, hopefully without violence but with the confidence that he can hold his own if necessary, that will be part of his framework for facing future challenges and fears. Which do you want for you son?

Old 07-06-2019, 07:16 AM

43,156 posts, read 41,752,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDak15 View Post
Holy ****, you're still in school? It's past the 4th of July! Has he talked to the counselor?
I think this person is in Germany. This is the only topic he ever posts about.

Old 07-06-2019, 07:40 AM

18,371 posts, read 20,099,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty... View Post
My 12 year old son had a fight against a schoolmate at school today. When a teacher broke it up he got a bloody nose whereas his opponent got off without wounds.

His class calls him a loser and winds him up.

What would you advise him to take action that they stop teasing him?

Thanks for your help!
My advice is to stop reacting to what they are saying. Thatís why they are doing it. Because they are getting the reaction. Itís words spoken by imbeciles.

Old 07-06-2019, 07:58 AM

1,288 posts, read 722,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimNChicago View Post
Who's in school in July, especially July 5th?
Not sure where the OP is but we have year-round schools in NC. I'm sure we're not the only area that does this.

Old 07-06-2019, 08:10 AM

4,084 posts, read 7,779,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Wow, rather strange way to motivate thru negative labeling.

Will be of a clear mind and agree martial arts teaches discipline of mind and body. This includes thwarting off mental angst tossed at the subject.

Bullying is learned behavior. A young child or tween,still observes the actions and less to words. Basically " do" has more empowerment then "say".

Op, find an entrusted person who exhibits positive habits and interactions. A big brother program of sorts. Some understand it takes a mentor to deter being subjected to harm.
Negative labeling? What is that? Kids don't PC speak. They saw a fight in which one kid won and another lost. They called the kid who lost a loser. What should he be called? Second place winner?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or