U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2019, 09:01 AM

12,267 posts, read 6,978,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggcd951 View Post
I hang out with my 6 yr old few times now one heckling question is I am father and now when she needs rest, I am buffled. Which restroom to take? male or female? Last time, the need arose and that was rude awakening.
a 6 year old girl is fully capable of going to the women's room by herself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2019, 09:38 AM

12,719 posts, read 7,591,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
OP, no matter what bathroom you send her into, I was taught by my mother when I was young to line the toilet seat with toilet paper before I sat down.

There are all kinds of germs on the seats and little girls are too short to squat while peeing (which is what I do).

That opens another topic of contention: YES, I wipe the seat off if I get a few drops of pee on the seat.
Hopefully you see the irony of complaining about germs on the seat and then peeing on the seat yourself.

Old 07-09-2019, 09:57 AM

1,002 posts, read 725,930 times
Quote:
Man, I have never seen that here at any bathrooms at the Library, beach or park. You must be in a place where there are a lot of junkies. That is not the case in most towns. I have never ever seen someone shooting up here (a small city, not a tiny town though).
Most people do not live in small towns. It's a reasonable assumption the OP lives in a city.

Yes, there are plenty of vagrant junkies in my town. You can expect to see more in yours, soon enough.

I have never seen anyone in the process of shooting up. I wouldn't be worried about someone so engaged. I have seen strung-out individuals plain out of their minds. They are the problem.
Quote:
Biological males who are attracted to females still aren't pedophiles. You're confusing gay males with pedophiles, two entirely different individuals.
Welp, since they're not all pedophiles, I guess you're fine with sending your six-year-old daughter into the men's room alone. Have at it.

And a gay male would be a biological male attracted to males. I would worry about a biological male who identifies as a gay female and is also a pedophile. Since both cis and non-cis people publicly identify their preferred gender and sexual orientation, but pedophiles generally do not publicly identify their pedophilia, that is the reason for my mistrust of any false sense of security imparted by a little blue circle or triangle glued to a door.

Quote:
Hopefully you see the irony of complaining about germs on the seat and then peeing on the seat yourself.
Urine is sterile. No germs. Just gross.

Old 07-09-2019, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wac_432 View Post
Welp, since they're not all pedophiles, I guess you're fine with sending your six-year-old daughter into the men's room alone. Have at it.
That makes zero sense. People are telling the OP to send his daughter into the women's restroom alone, not the men's.

Quote:
Urine is sterile. No germs. Just gross.
Urine is not sterile, not even inside the body.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart...ile-180954809/

Old 07-09-2019, 10:11 AM

343 posts, read 121,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Im so glad someone said it. The most disgusting issue in the womens room is the women who pee on the seat trying to avoid the germs.

Old 07-09-2019, 10:57 AM

6,621 posts, read 4,126,495 times
My mom was one who always used a paper liner or lined the seat with toilet paper. I wasn't very old before I decided that was a waste of time (and paper), as unbroken skin is a fine germ barrier all by itself, and adding a sheet of thin paper isn't going to make any difference. Nothing has happened to me in the course of 50 years to change my mind.

Just let your 6-year-old use the public restroom and hang out close to the door. That's what I did with my son, when he was too old to accompany me into the women's restroom.

Old 07-09-2019, 12:07 PM

795 posts, read 635,092 times
wow guys, topic diverged too much!

Old 07-09-2019, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggcd951 View Post
wow guys, topic diverged too much!
Saying that your daughter is old enough to use the restroom by herself is too off topic for you?

Is there a reason your 6-year-old daughter is unable to use the restroom by herself? What does she do at school?

Old 07-09-2019, 12:45 PM

487 posts, read 492,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Saying that your daughter is old enough to use the restroom by herself is too off topic for you?

Is there a reason your 6-year-old daughter is unable to use the restroom by herself? What does she do at school?
At school she goes into the bathroom with other 6 year old girls and the teacher at the door or in and out if she is female. Yes, she is fine by herself at school but in this day and time I am not comfortable sending my younger grandkids any where by themselves. Why take the risk of your little on losing her innocence to some pervert?

Old 07-09-2019, 01:15 PM

11,177 posts, read 20,535,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7gkids View Post
At school she goes into the bathroom with other 6 year old girls and the teacher at the door or in and out if she is female. Yes, she is fine by herself at school but in this day and time I am not comfortable sending my younger grandkids any where by themselves. Why take the risk of your little on losing her innocence to some pervert?
As a grandmother, you've probably used a public restroom hundreds of times in your lifetime. How many perverts have you seen in the restroom? I'm 40 and I've never encountered a pervert in a restroom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or