U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-09-2019, 03:06 PM
 
6,220 posts, read 2,882,126 times
Reputation: 15782

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
As a grandmother, you've probably used a public restroom hundreds of times in your lifetime. How many perverts have you seen in the restroom? I'm 40 and I've never encountered a pervert in a restroom.
Lol! Then my are you missing that badge of honor. I had that great displeasure a few years back. The guy feigned that he had a memory problem and didn't realize he was in the ladies room how convenient that he was elder. I didn't buy it for a second. And he knew it!

The kid may well be capable of going in that facility. Is she also capable of discernment on safe people ? I doubt that a six year old can make some distinction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-09-2019, 07:57 PM
 
16,105 posts, read 17,919,494 times
Reputation: 15897
Quote:
Originally Posted by wac_432 View Post
Most people do not live in small towns. It's a reasonable assumption the OP lives in a city.

Yes, there are plenty of vagrant junkies in my town. You can expect to see more in yours, soon enough.

I have never seen anyone in the process of shooting up. I wouldn't be worried about someone so engaged. I have seen strung-out individuals plain out of their minds. They are the problem.


Welp, since they're not all pedophiles, I guess you're fine with sending your six-year-old daughter into the men's room alone. Have at it.

And a gay male would be a biological male attracted to males. I would worry about a biological male who identifies as a gay female and is also a pedophile. Since both cis and non-cis people publicly identify their preferred gender and sexual orientation, but pedophiles generally do not publicly identify their pedophilia, that is the reason for my mistrust of any false sense of security imparted by a little blue circle or triangle glued to a door.


Urine is sterile. No germs. Just gross.
I live in a city of 100,000 people. Never saw a junkie in a bathroom here and I don't expect to see any where our children hang out.

As for the bathroom, the 6 year old girl would use the women's room by herself. She is undoubtedly using the girl's restroom at school alone. Dad can hang out by the door and if she is taking too long he can ask a female who is nearby to check on her.

You worry way too much about things that are very rare.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2019, 08:15 PM
 
Location: San Antonio, TX
11,168 posts, read 20,508,876 times
Reputation: 26446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Lol! Then my are you missing that badge of honor. I had that great displeasure a few years back. The guy feigned that he had a memory problem and didn't realize he was in the ladies room how convenient that he was elder. I didn't buy it for a second. And he knew it!
That kind of thing happens with memory problems. We had to take my dad out of his day facility because he got confused and went in the women's room, and a woman with dementia thought he was a pervert and scratched him up really badly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2019, 08:44 PM
 
487 posts, read 492,003 times
Reputation: 841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
As a grandmother, you've probably used a public restroom hundreds of times in your lifetime. How many perverts have you seen in the restroom? I'm 40 and I've never encountered a pervert in a restroom.
I can think of two. One I ignored and the other I turned around and went and reported him. I was also flashed by a pervert when I was young. I have never forgotten how that made me feel. Glad that you have never had to put up with anything like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-10-2019, 02:37 AM
 
9,263 posts, read 10,924,050 times
Reputation: 9923
Might we bring this subject back around to the original question? Because this has become insane. Apparently nobody of any gender or any age should go into a public bathroom solo because of potential issues with creeps. I mean, it's completely hopeless! Just throwing this out there, when my child was old enough (and six years old is) to visit the ladies room alone when shopping/dining with her dad, he stood outside of the restroom and (gasp!) waited for her. No place is 100% safe for anyone, adults or children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-10-2019, 03:52 PM
 
794 posts, read 633,446 times
Reputation: 251
my thread is going champion in number of posts. Please keep posting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-10-2019, 09:36 PM
 
2,063 posts, read 1,308,092 times
Reputation: 10032
I agree a 6 year old can learn to safely use a public bathroom by themselves. Give her a whistle and tell her to blow it loudly if anyone tries anything. Then you can bust in the door and solve the problem.

I have a disabled son who cannot navigate public bathrooms on his own. I've only had to take him by myself once (his older brother steps in usually when we're out as a family). I took him into the ladies after announcing very loudly to everyone what was going on. Still got nasty looks, but too bad. No other choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2019, 05:43 AM
 
4,101 posts, read 2,959,690 times
Reputation: 7132
Quote:
Originally Posted by wac_432 View Post
Welp, since they're not all pedophiles, I guess you're fine with sending your six-year-old daughter into the men's room alone. Have at it.
Wait, what?? Again, your confusion is completely baffling. Why would anyone send a 6 year old girl into a MEN'S bathroom alone? Your argument was that gay males dressed in female clothes are in the FEMALE's bathroom and that these men are all pedophiles and would sexually abuse young girls. Now you're twisting it all up to try and back up your point, which I think deep down inside you have to know is false. Regardless, no amount of reason or logic is going to change your mind, gay/trans males=pedophiles in your mind. Got it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2019, 05:49 AM
 
Location: North State (California)
39,794 posts, read 3,009,722 times
Reputation: 13035
I use public rest rooms, frequently as one of my medicines is a diuretic. I have never encountered a weirdo or seen a male in the female restrooms. I have even used public restrooms in a San Francisco library, near some homeless & I encountered no vagrants. The worst thing I have seen, is people exiting the stalls & not washing their hands. I think a 6 year old will be fine using the facilities by herself, & Dad can wait outside.

I can't believe how some people seem to think that pedos hang out there. Where do they live? And have they ever used a public restroom?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2019, 07:17 AM
 
4,101 posts, read 2,959,690 times
Reputation: 7132
Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post

I can't believe how some people seem to think that pedos hang out there. Where do they live? And have they ever used a public restroom?
Generally people are afraid of things they do not know or understand and the frenzied hype from certain media outlets (rhymes with Clocks Stews) doesn't help matters. I've never seen such a non-issue gain so much media attention for that stretch of 6 to 9 months or so when this all came up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top