U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 07:52 PM

789 posts, read 629,553 times

Advertisements

I hang out with my 6 yr old few times now one heckling question is I am father and now when she needs rest, I am buffled. Which restroom to take? male or female? Last time, the need arose and that was rude awakening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 08:05 PM

7,227 posts, read 4,119,698 times
I used to stand by the women's restroom door and give my daughter instructions on what to do. Invariably, a sympathetic mother would offer to help her out. This was a long time ago, so be careful. Although women are a lot more trustworthy, the person volunteering today might not be a real woman.

Old Yesterday, 08:06 PM

43,149 posts, read 41,752,473 times
Send her into the ladies room. Or look for a family restroom where you can take her in.

Old Yesterday, 08:09 PM

17,006 posts, read 17,320,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggcd951 View Post
I hang out with my 6 yr old few times now one heckling question is I am father and now when she needs rest, I am buffled. Which restroom to take? male or female? Last time, the need arose and that was rude awakening.
When our daughter was 3 or 4 my husband took her into the men's room (obviously in a stall) as it would have been inappropriate for a grown man to be in the ladies room. By the time she was 5, maybe 6, she went into the ladies room by herself with daddy waiting outside the door. If she took too long, he asked the next woman going in the bathroom to check on her (this rarely happened).

Many places, especially malls, have "family bathrooms" (single stall bathrooms for situations like that).

Old Yesterday, 08:43 PM

25,967 posts, read 32,962,923 times
She's 6. You can send her into the ladies room without you.

Old Today, 03:03 AM

789 posts, read 629,553 times
lol guys, thanks. waiting for samaritan is not the reliable way. at 6, we still take her and help her out. Probably in few years, she can do by herself.

Old Today, 04:47 AM

311 posts, read 109,071 times
you go in the mens room and see if there are any men "exposed". when the coast is clear you take her in.

Old Today, 05:39 AM

15,201 posts, read 8,504,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggcd951 View Post
lol guys, thanks. waiting for samaritan is not the reliable way. at 6, we still take her and help her out. Probably in few years, she can do by herself.
A few YEARS? She'll have to go by herself in school restrooms! Sure, there are only other kids there but she'll have to "do her business" by herself - teach her some independence now. And always, always have her go before you leave the house, even if she doesn't think she needs to.

Old Today, 06:38 AM

4,068 posts, read 2,933,728 times
I don't think anyone would take issue with you taking your daughter into the men's room and going into a stall. Beyond that, I would think she's nearly ready to trek into women's rooms on her own, maybe focus on that next time.

Old Today, 08:35 AM

12,118 posts, read 9,870,711 times
Um. Hold her hand if she wants to. Make sure she washes when she is done!

Good luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or