Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2019, 09:12 AM

9,512 posts, read 6,095,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deoge View Post
I told my kids no piercings or tattoos before the age of 25. If they did, no money for college or weddings. I told them that if they wanted a piercing that I would drive them to the tattoo parlor because it would save me thousands. If they can waste money at that age on junk like that, they can fund their own activities.
Not allowed to get a drivers license either, huh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2019, 09:52 AM

11,085 posts, read 17,530,236 times
Quote:
I told my kids no piercings or tattoos before the age of 25. If they did, no money for college or weddings. I told them that if they wanted a piercing that I would drive them to the tattoo parlor because it would save me thousands. If they can waste money at that age on junk like that, they can fund their own activities.
That's funny. I guess you perform a strip search every day looking for piercings and tattoos?

Old 07-15-2019, 10:02 AM

9,850 posts, read 7,716,018 times
Quote:
I like this. Sounds like how I talked with my kids.

Old 07-15-2019, 10:07 AM

8,620 posts, read 5,646,935 times
Trying to imagine how this came up in a conversation.

Old 07-15-2019, 10:17 AM

8,079 posts, read 10,071,862 times
Sure, Go ahead, Makes for great Thanksgiving Table conversation on a cold day.

Old 07-15-2019, 10:52 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,017,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CentralUSHomeowner View Post
If motherhood is in her future and she wants to nurse her baby..... someone needs to point out to her that it can interfere with breastfeeding. Scar tissue can develop in the nipple. It does happen.

It hardly ever happens. Sure, a small minority develop keloid scars...but nipple piercing RARELY interferes with breast feeding.

Old 07-15-2019, 10:57 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,017,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Twist View Post
I would tell her that she is 18 and can obviously do it if she can pay for it, but that I would not be footing the bill. I would also tell her it isn't an appropriate conversation to have with her father.

It's possible that she didn't discuss it with dad. She could've discussed it with mom, who broached the topic with dad.

Old 07-15-2019, 10:59 AM

23,861 posts, read 33,529,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteryhippo View Post
I am new on here, so please forgive formatting as I am also on mobile.

My DD is 18 yrs old, but still lives with me. She had her ears pierced at 11 and kept them clean, their just the normal little studs, but about 2 weeks ago, she asked if she can get her nipples pierced. I am absolutely against it until she moves out! Her mom is more lax and says if she pays for it then so be it. now I understand it is her own body and she is 18 yrs old after all, but I can’t seem to “accept” it if that makes since?
Idk they just seem trashy.

What would you do?
Welcome to City-Data!

I'm pierced, it hurts like hell. It was the worst pain I've ever felt and I've had 2 kids naturally.

I bet if she did pierce one, she sure won't pierce the other. 1st they use a device on the nipple that feels like a vice grip. It holds the nipple so the "needle" can go straight thru. It really locks on too. If that is not painful enough for someone, they then use a hollow needle that slices a piece of nipple out. It hurts like heck!!! I did it back in the 90's as a dare and will never take it out after the pain I went thru. I'll die with my nipple ring still in!

She's 18, I wonder why she even asked because you'll never know if she did. Who knows, she may have already done it and was asking just to see what you'd say. I don't think either of my parents knew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CentralUSHomeowner View Post
If motherhood is in her future and she wants to nurse her baby..... someone needs to point out to her that it can interfere with breastfeeding. Scar tissue can develop in the nipple. It does happen.
Not true. I breast fed just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
It hardly ever happens. Sure, a small minority develop keloid scars...but nipple piercing RARELY interferes with breast feeding.
Agree. I wonder how anyone would know unless they did it themselves. I doubt most here have done it. lol

Old 07-15-2019, 10:59 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,748,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
Or she is. Spoiler Alert: Not everything women do is for a man's enjoyment.
I'm thinking the reasons that she would want to do it that don't involve a partner's enjoyment are also probably things a father wouldn't want to know about.

Old 07-15-2019, 11:10 AM

16,553 posts, read 10,611,270 times
I would ask the daughter, "Why do you want to do that?" Because, honestly, I'm a man and I can't imagine any possible reason why anyone would want to do that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting