U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2019, 12:27 PM

5,208 posts, read 1,989,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
Did you not read my earlier post, one of my nephews told me they do that at times. Look, it may seem weird to most, but they seem happy and their mom is ok with it, so I will be too.
Okay, then why even bring it up?

It is weird. Period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2019, 01:20 PM

2,901 posts, read 3,239,531 times
There's all sorts of weirdness going on here. I'm trying to envision a scenario where a "we shampoo each other's hair sometimes!" comment would even come up, but I can't.

Old 08-13-2019, 02:37 PM

12,862 posts, read 7,700,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawflower View Post
There's all sorts of weirdness going on here. I'm trying to envision a scenario where a "we shampoo each other's hair sometimes!" comment would even come up, but I can't.
It would come up in the "we shower together" conversation. I don't see how that's so hard to envision. They're kids. Most kids like to share random information unprompted.

"Boys, you'll probably want to figure out a shower schedule for in the morning"

"No need to, we'll shower together?"

"Oh? Is this something you do at home too?"

"Yeah, we shower together at home. We shampoo each other's hair sometimes too."

Old 08-13-2019, 03:31 PM

43,906 posts, read 42,504,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawflower View Post
Yep, junior high kids have got to be more savvy than that.

Old 08-13-2019, 03:37 PM

7,811 posts, read 9,152,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
My personal opinion. You should know not know what your brother/sister looks like naked in the shower when they are hitting puberty. To me that is disturbing.
Absolutely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenTiger View Post
Young people are very adaptable, and I don't see any reason why twins would share shower heads if there are enough available. I actually am not comfortable using communal showers myself and tend to avoid them. But I don't regard people who are comfortable in using them or in closer proximity than I am used to as weird.

I have many friends who are from countries with mandatory military service for all men. They said there were many instances when they have to shower under very limited time with so few shower heads available. It's part of their military training, and I can understand why they would need those time-saving skills in the battlefield. These triplets are no different from that type of military training. They are pretty much born in a world from the very start, to adapt to most places that are designed for one, but there are three of them instead. Sharing pretty much everything... I can see how exhausting and financially challenging raising triplets can be. Can most parents actually afford to give each kid their own bedrooms if you suddenly have triplets instead of only expecting one baby? How about their own bathrooms? Also will you spend time to individually bathe each baby? Or isn't it more time-saving if one just bathe them together? It's actually easier for the mother if they operate with military efficiency without much fuss about space and other considerations. I personally think they can learn adapt themselves later to whichever society they grow up in and figure out about privacy themselves. I don't regard my friends who had served in the military as having of a less need for privacy at all than those who have no military background at all.
Are these kids in the military? No. Sharing a bedroom is totally normal. Bathing babies and toddlers together isnt unusual and is efficient. Sharingn ashower at that age? Not at all comparable. Read the previous post I quoted.

Old 08-14-2019, 08:37 AM

370 posts, read 82,391 times
Yea, effin weird

Old 08-14-2019, 11:47 AM

1,813 posts, read 624,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
Triplets probably have a relationship that many of us will never understand.

Only thing that strikes me as odd is shampooing each other's hair. Not exactly hard to shampoo one's own hair
Exactly. It's a whole twin or triplet thing. Some of the features will continue all their lives. When you communicate with your sister you could text/write/say how the boys are doing, great at this, fun with that, loud fun shower in the morning together that's okay right and we're off to a busy day at school with practice after. That kind of not making a big deal of it.

Old 08-14-2019, 11:51 AM

714 posts, read 639,650 times
Probably time for this to be closed. OP asked Mom, and she said it’s kosher.

Old 08-19-2019, 07:10 PM

5,616 posts, read 2,436,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petsandgardens View Post
Exactly. It's a whole twin or triplet thing. Some of the features will continue all their lives. When you communicate with your sister you could text/write/say how the boys are doing, great at this, fun with that, loud fun shower in the morning together that's okay right and we're off to a busy day at school with practice after. That kind of not making a big deal of it.
I have multiples. Not even remotely a "thing"

Old Yesterday, 07:53 AM

4,434 posts, read 2,608,517 times
I asked a friend who's a parent of triplets. She was horrified. And she actually grew up on a commune.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or