Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2019, 01:11 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post

I talked to my sister, and she said that it’s normal for teen triplets to shower together ...
LOL

Now that's a stretch.

If it were so normal, you wouldn't have even had a second thought about it, much less made a thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2019, 01:18 PM

16,555 posts, read 10,607,780 times
Quote:
I talked to my sister, and she said that it’s normal for teen triplets to shower together so I’m fine with it as well, if she is.

Well, apparently it's normal for her three kids to shower together. Whether or not it's normal within the wider population of triplets, I would have no idea. But she's their mother, so if she's OK with it, that's that.

Old 08-06-2019, 01:25 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,009,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Bizarre post. Why do you omit their ages? Is there a soap on a rope?
Junior high is 7th and 8th grade, so they're probably around 12-13 years old.

Old 08-06-2019, 03:53 PM

4,488 posts, read 1,641,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Junior high is 7th and 8th grade, so they're probably around 12-13 years old.
Thanks, yes they are 13 years old and they just have a special bond that most people would never understand. They are identical triplets, and it’s extremely rare.

Old 08-06-2019, 05:45 PM

1,879 posts, read 1,552,729 times
Quote:
My sister is in Europe for work, and I’m taking care of her boys. They are good kids, but I found it weird that they showered together, and even shampooed each other! Are multiples supposed to be this close?
If it bothers you that much, then you can ask them to shower separately since it is your house. Otherwise, they are your sister's children, and it’s up to her to parent them.

Old 08-06-2019, 06:21 PM

11,157 posts, read 7,952,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
LOL

Now that's a stretch.

If it were so normal, you wouldn't have even had a second thought about it, much less made a thread.
Lol ... Might not be as abnormal as some may think.
I am a fraternal twin and my twin brother and I bathed together until we were about 10 and swam naked in our backyard pool until we were about the age of these boys. It just seemed pretty normal as we’d always done this together since we were very young. I never gave it a second thought.
Growing up I noticed a definite different relationship dynamic between twins/triplets and just normal sibs.
We shared a bond that was solidified by being constantly companions. We went to the same school, same grade, same friends, same activities. We walked to school together, studied together, did our homework together. We shared our deepest darkest secrets. We talked alike, thought alike, finished each other’s sentences or gave the same answer at the same time. We could communicate across the dinner table with just a look or facial expression. We even made up our own language. We were even room mates for our freshman and sophomore years in college. It’s like your twin is an actual physical part of you. People even treat you like a “set” rather than individuals. Where’s your “twin”? , these are the “twins”, where are the “twins”?
We’ve met other twins and triplets, identical and fraternal... and from what I’ve gathered, our behavior isn’t all that different than theirs, and there are a lot of people who don’t get the “bond” we share.
I don’t think it gets discussed much because people who don’t get it ...think it’s weird to be so close to a “womb” mate and their minds begin to wander into the dark side. like the dude who made the “soap on a rope” comment. My brother still helps me wash my hair ( in the sink). It’s time we use to talk, and catch up, laugh or talk about issues.
Last March we went to the Bahamas for our Birthdays. We met another set of brother and sister fraternal twins who were pretty close to our age. We got along great from the get go and spent a lot of time talking about how weird other people think we are because we get along so well. Wait, what? You’re going on vacation with your brother? There must something weird going on with those peeps! 😂

Old 08-06-2019, 06:50 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
I have twins myself. It's not a magic relationship.

Regardless of birth order, people do have their own standards for behavior. Obviously.

Old 08-06-2019, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
I have twins myself. It's not a magic relationship.

Regardless of birth order, people do have their own standards for behavior. Obviously.
Cool... how old?
Not magic, just different... IMO. Our mom only knew what she saw or what what we shared. We didn’t share everything with our parents.

Old 08-07-2019, 12:00 AM

10,049 posts, read 18,056,896 times
The only thing I don't understand is why anyone of that age would need help to wash their hair? A couple of people have mentioned it but it hasn't been answered. (Sydney123, you mentioned it too, that your brother helps you wash your hair. But why would you NEED help with that?)

Old 08-07-2019, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
The only thing I don't understand is why anyone of that age would need help to wash their hair? A couple of people have mentioned it but it hasn't been answered. (Sydney123, you mentioned it too, that your brother helps you wash your hair. But why would you NEED help with that?)
I don’t “NEED” help. My hair is very long and thick. It can be a real pain to get the shampoo and conditioner rinsed out. Every once in a while he’s nice enough to give me a helping hand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting