U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2019, 03:13 AM

1,113 posts, read 1,692,981 times

Advertisements

There's some overreaction here.

While he's probably the only one who still does this in his kindergarten class, he's the only young boy who does this. It's clarified that he also wasn't taught not to pull down his pants all the way. Try to teach him, and problem will probably be solved very soon. Nothing much to worry about, and why not let him bring extra pants to school if he might mess up a bit. Or change the style of his pants if he has difficulty learning this while wearing those kinds of pants.

Really no big deal for small children. And in a few other foreign countries, many small children slightly older than 5 years old do still pee like this. Even in those countries, adults don't show their butts while peeing. The two or three times I have seen guys pee like this in a public restroom, they seem to have special needs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2019, 08:42 AM

5,964 posts, read 4,958,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Your husband needs to raise his voice at him and drive the point home that having his pants all the way down while peeing is unacceptable period. And threaten him with a spanking if he does it again. It's as simple as that. These children keep up nonsense because we tolerate it.
WHAAAAT? Are you nuts, or is this some kind of joke that isn't very funny? Why in the world is it necessary to raise your voice? This little boy was simply never taught to upgrade his peeing skills after age 3. A few calm lessons with dad and it's solved. There's no "nonsense", or anything to "tolerate" or not. It's simply a matter of OOPS on mom and dad's part. I'm glad I'm not your kid.

Old 08-17-2019, 08:45 AM

4,515 posts, read 3,813,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Your husband needs to raise his voice at him and drive the point home that having his pants all the way down while peeing is unacceptable period. And threaten him with a spanking if he does it again. It's as simple as that. These children keep up nonsense because we tolerate it.
I'm thinking no on the raising of the voice but I am sure threatening a spanking should not be necessary at all. I promise you before he graduates kindergarten it will all be worked out just fine.

Old 08-17-2019, 08:47 AM

43,981 posts, read 42,565,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambers72 View Post
No one should be telling him how to go bathroom for heavens sake........
Yes, at that age his dad should have modeled "how to go to the bathroom." It's part of child rearing.

Old 08-17-2019, 08:59 AM

1,606 posts, read 531,466 times
OP Try having him wear boxers in lieu of tighty whities

Good luck

Old 08-17-2019, 10:47 AM

5,326 posts, read 5,254,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Sometimes, I'm just so glad to be a girl.

A little privacy, please?

Why in the world is it the societal norm that men pee in front of strangers? What's up with that?
Hey if you go to other countries like Belgium there are urinals just out there for guys to pee in out in the open around town.

Old 08-17-2019, 10:52 AM

1,289 posts, read 578,468 times
This will be tough to hear as a parent, but it’s still important:

Your son will figure it out on his own. He’ll be embarrassed about being made fun of. Unfortunately, I wish kids were more understanding, but they aren’t. There’s probably a kid in every class that starts off kindergarten by pulling their pants all the way down. Most kids probably don’t do that because they went through pre-K.

He’ll be fine.

Old 08-17-2019, 12:52 PM

5,964 posts, read 4,958,616 times
Just as a mini-survey...do any guys actually use that little slit in their briefs (not asking about boxers here)? Or do you just lower the front and go over the waistband of the briefs? It seems like threading it through that little slit is like threading a needle with a noodle! LOL

Old 08-17-2019, 01:57 PM

1,289 posts, read 578,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
Just as a mini-survey...do any guys actually use that little slit in their briefs (not asking about boxers here)? Or do you just lower the front and go over the waistband of the briefs? It seems like threading it through that little slit is like threading a needle with a noodle! LOL
DH taught my son just lower the waistband of his underwear. I guess there must be men who use the fly!

Old 08-17-2019, 02:21 PM

5,624 posts, read 2,442,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccernerd View Post
This will be tough to hear as a parent, but it’s still important:

Your son will figure it out on his own. He’ll be embarrassed about being made fun of. Unfortunately, I wish kids were more understanding, but they aren’t. There’s probably a kid in every class that starts off kindergarten by pulling their pants all the way down. Most kids probably don’t do that because they went through pre-K.

He’ll be fine.
Not if they have a parent that uses their brain & thinks about his first day at school, knowing that's going to get weird, real fast.

That's what having a parent means...an adult who can help you navigate or avoid embarrassment that didn't have to occur.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting