U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2019, 06:40 PM

5,293 posts, read 1,042,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Loud View Post
Absolutely not. There is just something mentally disturbing by grown men in dresses mocking women around little kids. A big nope.
Or a woman dressing as a man! Now, from an educational standpoint, I applaud them for encouraging more kids to read!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2019, 06:49 PM

931 posts, read 182,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2x3x29x41 View Post
Bingo!

I'm reminded of people who try and equate black pride - a movement of defensive solitary meant to protect against racial domination - with white pride - a manifestly supremacist movement meant to marginalize and oppress.

But, hey, I guess women need to be protected from those who have long victimized them: men who wear dresses and eye-liner...
Women have historically been oppressed & victimised by men. Just because they're wearing dresses and eyeliner doesn't mean they're not men? I think it's weird that they're wanting to involve unwitting bystanders (i.e. kids) in their fetish and some parents are all for it. But hey, as long as the men in dresses get their kicks.

Old 08-30-2019, 08:17 PM

216 posts, read 669,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly1983 View Post
You might need to re-think your comment? Women are the group that has been traditionally disenfranchised and still subject to oppression in certain areas of the world. I'm sure you know that disenfranchised literally means, without the vote (women only got the vote relatively recently in history. My mother couldn't open a credit card or a bank account without my dad or her father's permission and this was the 1970s.)

Men in dresses have always been able to vote and open credit cards and bank accounts. They have so much power they are now in a position where they can act out their sexual fetish* in front of children, and hardly anyone bats an eyelid. I do think this is a case of being so open-minded your brains fall out. Nothing wrong with the fetish but do it among consenting adults. Why involve children?

*That fetish would be auto-gynephilia, which is theorized to be the motivation for cross-dressing among men.
Great post!! And I do believe that is the motivation in many cases.

Old Yesterday, 04:44 AM

14,460 posts, read 7,719,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
My kid will learn the truth about the crazies.

"Son, The united states is filled with millions of criminals, nut jobs, and insane people. You just have to laugh and try to live near people like your own"
So high school education with Cs, pickup trucks, Confederate battle flags, and red MAGA hats?

Old Yesterday, 05:40 AM

5,550 posts, read 2,844,295 times
Maybe the thing to ask yourself is: Is it people in drag I don't want reading to my kids or is it anyone who is different from me that I don't want reading to my kids?

I mean, what if the person doing the reading was Muslim, atheist, a practicing white witch, a gay man, a priest, or a member of the KKK? Are you uncomfortable with any of these people reading to your kids? And if so, why? Is it the person reading to the kids that makes you uncomfortable, or is it really only your own perceptions of what you think these people are like?

There actually was a practicing white witch who led a reading group at one of the San Jose libraries long ago. Parents had a hissy fit and complained until she was let go. So I guess for some people it's preferable if their kids never get read to than if they get read to by "those nasty people who aren't like us".

Old Yesterday, 06:04 AM

14,460 posts, read 7,719,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
There actually was a practicing white witch who led a reading group at one of the San Jose libraries long ago. Parents had a hissy fit and complained until she was let go. So I guess for some people it's preferable if their kids never get read to than if they get read to by "those nasty people who aren't like us".

Recall the uproar over Harry Potter from the religious conservatives. They couldn't have their kids reading some other mythology. They'd rather have them illiterate.

Old Yesterday, 10:00 AM

186 posts, read 58,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
They'd rather have them illiterate.

I think you need to go back to the dictionary and re-read the meaning of illiterate.

What a parent wants their child/children to read or not read contentwise (content-wise) has nothing to do them being illiterate.

Old Yesterday, 11:27 AM

1,187 posts, read 856,106 times
Can't help but wonder how the kids feel about this. Can anyone enlighten..

Old Yesterday, 11:38 AM

5,056 posts, read 3,479,954 times
Well. These are essentially children being exploited to promote a political agenda for adults. As an adult I have no problem whatsoever with people who have an alternative sexual lifestyle. But give me a break. This just isn't right.

Old Yesterday, 12:47 PM

449 posts, read 1,037,001 times
I know an elementary school counselor who works in a school that has had to build the extra LGBT bathrooms in their schools. Who the **** knows what they are teaching nowadays. I don't even want to know what drag queen story time is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or