U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 09:19 PM

5,523 posts, read 6,816,861 times

Advertisements

I have two girls and couldn't be happier. I honestly never really wanted a boy. My girls are now 12 and almost 15, and they are just really awesome kids. Everyone keeps telling me to "just wait" but they have been saying that for years. We've never had drama or anything like that. They are smart, funny and just my favorite people to be around. I wouldn't have it any other way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 09:34 PM

13,810 posts, read 5,274,454 times
We had three girls and picked up a 16 year old stray when our youngest was 15.

It was not a big deal. The three girls and later the stray stuck together as if they were glued.

Wife was a Bellevue trained RN and was considered by the teenagers the expert on all things woman. And she was pretty good. Also cool enough to deal with the teen who decided she was pregnant. The house was filled with females all the time. Even the two cats were females.

I learned to play the role of concerned or difficult male.

Sadness hit when the youngest was 17. Spouse suddenly passed away. Left me alone to try and run a house full of women. Then later I started to date. Ever bring a women to the home of four women in their early 20s to late teens?

Interesting creatures are the ladies. But it can be a bit of a drag. We won't go there though.

Old Yesterday, 09:46 PM

4,293 posts, read 3,461,833 times
Your children are people, not just a gender.

My son takes after me. He is sensitive, emotional, artistic, dramatic, wears his heart on his sleeve, feels deeply, and is passionate. He is not super into sports.

My daughter takes after my engineer husband. She is even keeled, pragmatic, organized, saves her money, is deliberate, slow to anger, and athletic.

You can't just say how someone will be because of their gender.

Old Today, 04:41 AM

29,287 posts, read 63,677,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybyrd96 View Post
What's it like for a mother to have all daughters and no sons?
Advanceto about the 2:30 point

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTi03Q-XqtE&t=91s
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or