U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old Today, 09:03 AM

469 posts, read 164,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom4lifeto6 View Post
I didn't think what I was asking for was unreasonable either. He is trying to make it more difficult than it has to be. I literally have given him everything he wants just so we don't have to argue and go to court. I don't understand why he's being so difficult.
I literally can't afford an attorney right now. I don't have extra money. Right now we are just making ends meet. That's why we're moving, to better life for us and our family financially. I really wish I could. I'd jump on it in a heartbeat but I can't afford it.
I honestly think he's jealous because I'm bettering my life and he's still living life by struggling. I don't want to bad talk him, but I will say that when I left him, I decided right then and there that my life isn't going to be a struggle anymore, I was going to do whatever it takes to get ahead and provide a better life financially for myself and my children. My fiance is the same way so we are doing just that. But we refuse to give up time with our children so we are trying to make it the same visitation it is now while bettering our lives financially.
This idea may not sound ideal but you may have to. Send your fiance ahead. If you can afford to keep your current house and a new house then you should be able to make this work. 3 months perhaps. Then when you have a little money put aside hire an attorney and argue that you are making a better life for your children and this is your plan. You need an attorney. There is no way around it. You wont may any headway without one, because the judge is already sympathetic to him

Old Today, 09:37 AM

44,845 posts, read 43,323,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LO28SWM View Post
This idea may not sound ideal but you may have to. Send your fiance ahead. If you can afford to keep your current house and a new house then you should be able to make this work. 3 months perhaps. Then when you have a little money put aside hire an attorney and argue that you are making a better life for your children and this is your plan. You need an attorney. There is no way around it. You wont may any headway without one, because the judge is already sympathetic to him
I like this idea, because it gives you some stability, OP, instead of relying on a huge plan with lots of fragile moving parts.

Right now you have a scenario that sounds ok as long as every single thing goes exactly right. But as you know things don't always go exactly right.

Old Today, 09:48 AM

7,826 posts, read 10,791,512 times
Thread temporarily closed due to moderator consideration....OP is asking for legal advice, and this may not be the best forum, or truly constitute what is posted in the Parenting forum.

Last edited by june 7th; Today at 05:04 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or