U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2019, 04:49 PM

445 posts, read 254,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
20 minutes of GTA is plenty of time for me. Sometimes i'll do 20mins of COD or battlefield just to blow off some steam and then I gotta move and get on with my life.

But 20 mins in GTA is enough time to go break a few dozen laws, get chased by a few dozen cops, engage in a massive shootout and get killed and respawn a couple of times. I think I've been stuck on the same mission for the last 5 years.

Only time I can really sit down and play a full game is when I get sick and the wife and kids are at work/school. Then i'll get some couch time for a few hours while under a blanket eating soup. But the vast majority of time, i'm focused on work, kids, wife, house, hobbies, etc and video games is a very low priority.

I do intend to pick up the next release of "Last of Us" and try to fit that in though.
Yeah i get where you're coming from, I don't really play GTA as much as i did growing-up.
Nowadays i'm more of a RPG ie; Skyrim type of player and when i do get to play i like to immerse myself in the world, Not play for 10-minutes and leave but that's just me; You can't just play Skyrim for 10-mins...you cant.
Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 05:52 PM

4,544 posts, read 1,742,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
I know a lot of adults who have never grown out of playing video games.
Here, here!!!

I'm 45, started playing video games back in 1981 when my parents got us kids the Sears Tele-games system, basically a knockoff of the Atari 2600. Space Invaders and Target Fun (aka Air-Sea Battle) were our 1st two games we owned.

Haven't stopped since. I've been a member of Big Fish Games for 10 years and have something like 60 games installed on my laptop. Got heavily into Sims and Sims 2. I just ordered the Atari Flashback 8 console, which has a lot of the games I played as a, child, and I was able to find web-based versions of the few that console doesn't have.

My latest gamer discovery is this site:

www.retrogames.cz

Old Yesterday, 10:34 PM

588 posts, read 147,129 times
I have a cousin who was deep into video games at like 35 yrs old. He would be talking to people from all over the word and kids half his age he was competing with. He really seemed to be losing it but his good looks and boyish charm still landed him a lovely girl and they’re married now. I imagine he must still play.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or