Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2019, 04:17 AM

1,159 posts, read 620,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
All we have is expensive vehicles.
And no common sense
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2019, 06:00 AM

4,004 posts, read 2,082,729 times
Fix the truck, and keep it for your daughter. Let fiance get a new one. Problems should be solved.

Old 11-12-2019, 08:23 AM

47 posts, read 19,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
Fix the truck, and keep it for your daughter. Let fiance get a new one. Problems should be solved.
Yeah, since you follow dave ramsey and pay cash for everything , explaining the 0 credit raiting.

Old 11-12-2019, 08:27 AM

47 posts, read 19,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
I got my license when I was 21. Didn't buy my 1st car until age 26, but I was driving the entire time. Lived at home and drove my parent's car. I never had insurance until I got my own car.
what a millennial you are

Old 11-12-2019, 08:32 AM

4,004 posts, read 2,082,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by confusedparent1 View Post
Yeah, since you follow dave ramsey and pay cash for everything , explaining the 0 credit raiting.
Are you reading the thread at all, or just passing through?

The OP seems to live a grand lifestyle. As for me - I have no idea who Dave Ramsey is, and have an excellent "raiting". BTW, rating is spelled R-A-T-I-N-G.

Old 11-12-2019, 08:45 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
Well, to be fair, Dave Ramsey would have taught you that taking out a $60k auto loan on a depreciable asset for a boyfriend/fiancé is not a good idea.

You should have let your boyfriend/fiancé figure out how to buy a car on his own. If he uses cash, let him pay cash at the level he could afford.

What happens if you two breakup?
Then there is another ex driving around with her vehicle - OP has stated in numerous other threads she is not happy with her fiance. OP has a history of poor decisions and cosigning, criminal baby daddies, and if I remember correctly, exes cars registered to her, causing all sorts of issues (don't remember, was there a repo or just just car getting towed because it broke down?).

Old 11-12-2019, 08:50 AM

19,480 posts, read 25,153,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
I got my license when I was 21. Didn't buy my 1st car until age 26, but I was driving the entire time. Lived at home and drove my parent's car. I never had insurance until I got my own car.
I agree with Roselvr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
What year did you start driving? If it was the last 10 years, chances are you were listed as a licensed driver in your parents household.

The only time someone won't get named as a driver is if they have a license but no car and live alone.
My late husband did not have a driver's license (we turned it in for a state ID) and was in a nursing home (but his legal address was still with me) and the insurance company still was required to have him listed on my car insurance. I was not paying anything for him (as he did not drive) but he had to be listed as long as he was alive.

Old 11-12-2019, 09:28 AM

16,073 posts, read 21,148,356 times
Quote:
If getting a brand new expensive vehicle is the reward for having an accident I'm going to start looking for some sucker to let me drive their new car around!
What you're suggesting would be a case of extremely poor parenting, lol.

Old 11-12-2019, 09:30 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
Quote:
yes, have the daughter, who cannot drive (yet), keep the truck so she can finish what she started and total it

Old 11-12-2019, 10:09 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,219,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
I agree with Roselvr.

My late husband did not have a driver's license (we turned it in for a state ID) and was in a nursing home (but his legal address was still with me) and the insurance company still was required to have him listed on my car insurance. I was not paying anything for him (as he did not drive) but he had to be listed as long as he was alive.

Most insurers allow you to specifically exclude someone as well but if you truly were paying nothing extra then no big deal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting