U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2019, 07:02 PM

13,813 posts, read 18,359,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
I don’t live to far outside of Baltimore...

To give an update, he is much better. He is back to talking to all of us again. Truck is getting fixed next week. He even made a joke to a friend about it the other day.
The high COL metro is a rural area outside of Baltimore where you need a car to get to the nearest small town? Get her a scooter. They even come in electric.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2019, 08:22 PM

15,563 posts, read 18,122,912 times
Quote:

To give an update, he is much better. He is back to talking to all of us again. Truck is getting fixed next week. He even made a joke to a friend about it the other day.

After it's fixed the truck will probably be worth about $20k. They have so much plastic nowadays...

Old 11-15-2019, 03:59 AM

11,503 posts, read 21,900,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
Bingo. The 15 yr isn’t the one that made the biggest mistake here. Whom ever let an inexperienced 15 yr old drive this vehicle is responsible for the damage.
I think the OP let her daughter drive the truck because her fiance has also taken the OP's daughter driving in the same truck. The only difference is the daughter will do stupid things like wave to friends when driving with the OP that I bet she wouldn't dare do when driving with OP's fiance.

Old 11-16-2019, 02:55 PM

33 posts, read 9,982 times
Quote:

Glad to hear things are normalizing for all three of you.

Old 11-16-2019, 05:03 PM

26,977 posts, read 33,887,490 times
Quote:
She is learning how to drive. We were passing a friends farm and she was looking towards and honking at the friend, causing her to veer off and hit a sign.

I probably shouldn’t have let her drive but she needs the practice.

I lent my car to a friend, so I have been driving his truck this weekend while he was at work. I am farm sitting this week and daughter was helping me feed animals.
You are letting her learn to drive in his BRAND NEW TRUCK????

Jesus.

Old Today, 02:36 PM

7,535 posts, read 4,414,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
You are letting her learn to drive in his BRAND NEW TRUCK????

Jesus.
Both of the vehicles we own are on the newer side. It has come to my realization we have nothing appropriate to teach a teenager to drive. I am looking for a cheap car.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting