U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 12:36 PM

205 posts, read 35,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yologuy01 View Post
Nothing happened it's just something I sometimes think about. I try not to be bitter about it. Yes it was long about 10 years ago. Might be a bit harsh to judge him. I have a cousin and when we were little I think she was 14 we bet a dollar and I won and she didn't give me my dollar the first time she didn't want to then I asked again and she did give it to me ever since then I can't see her in a completely good light. I can't look at her as someone that I want be around even though she's never done me wrong or disrespected in any other way besides that instance.
You have real problems with harboring ill-will towards people. Your step dad is right, you are acting like a bitter person.

You probably need to find a way to talk to someone about this and see what's causing all this, or you'll have a very long road ahead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 01:24 PM

6,907 posts, read 3,231,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Chingaso View Post
You have real problems with harboring ill-will towards people. Your step dad is right, you are acting like a bitter person.

You probably need to find a way to talk to someone about this and see what's causing all this, or you'll have a very long road ahead.
Interesting. I didn't find the OP'S remark or elaboration on his life experience as bitter. Perhaps that's just a difference in interpretation of context.
The OP sounds wise to question certain behaviors.
It is an indicator sometimes.
As you are conveying quite nicely in your bitter retort to him.
Most folks...normally do have bitter moments in life. How they learn from it makes the difference.

Old Yesterday, 01:55 PM

4,514 posts, read 1,170,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yologuy01 View Post
I know it's not possible to know a very accurate answer to my title considering you don't know him or me. When I was younger I remember him saying I'm bitter. My mom talked right after he said that so he didn't say anything else about that statement nor did I. I think he said that because I was very quiet and introverted, always in my room.

Maybe to him a person that's very secluded from other people means they might be bitter?. I don't know what was the point of him saying that, what was it suppose to accomplish?. You can take that statement to mean different things. Is it meant to be taken as him being mean to me. Does it mean I should stop being bitter whatever that means. Why say that and not elaborate on what your trying to say and what you mean by that statement.
I wouldn't give too much weight to unsubstantiated judgment. I had a great relationship with my step mom but if she offered only non-constructive criticism, credibility would have gone down to 0.

Old Yesterday, 08:56 PM

9,806 posts, read 11,282,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinmomma View Post
How have you interacted this past decade?

As with any human being, you should treat him with respect.
Not every human is worthy of respect. Treat him based on your own principles—not on the opinions of people on a message board who know neither of you.

Old Today, 02:52 PM

4,514 posts, read 1,170,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Chingaso View Post

I don't think this sentiment existed until after the comment. It's stated as the cause of these feelings. Not feedback on something pre-existing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting