U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2019, 10:53 AM

491 posts, read 88,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katemomb View Post
This past weekend we were out with some friends on Saturday evening and my friends son asked if my son could spend the night. I told my friend maybe some other time that I hadn’t brought any extra cloths for my son to change into the next day. Truth is my son wets the bed and I didn’t have a pull up for him. My friend said not to worry about it that they could give my son a long T-shirt to sleep in and he could just wear his same clothes the next day. I kinda pulled my friend to the side and told her about the bedwetting and I didn’t have his pull up. She said not to worry that her son still wets occasionally too and he could use one of his diapers if I was ok with it. The boys are 6 and I know lots of people use the term diaper for pull up and I just assumed that’s what she was referring too. They boys were really wanting to have the sleepover so I said ok. The sleepover went fine and when I picked up my son Sunday mid morning they were outside playing. I had no clue till Sunday evening when getting my son ready for bed that he said that my friend had the boys take a bath together and then put a regular baby diaper on them. My son didn’t seem to care and just kinda said it in passing as a matter of fact. I was a little appalled that she would actually put a baby diaper on a 6 year old and a little upset she didn’t say anything about the bath. My son great time and is already asking about another sleepover. I trust them and am sure nothing inappropriate happened but I’m still a little hung up about the bath and diaper. Would you say something? Or think that’s nothing to worry about?
Oh no that's just weird. I personally think 6 is too young for a sleepover anyway, other than with family.

Like other people said, don't allow him to go back. I would bring up the bath, say you were surprised and Don't be afraid to say you thought it was strange.

About the diaper thing, say you assumed they meant pull up . Just next time decline any other invite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2019, 10:58 AM

491 posts, read 88,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
Well, before they invented pullups, we had to use the largest diapers. They're probably cheaper. I don't see a big deal about that.

Kids taking a bath together? I'm like the others, the more I think about it and picture some of my grandsons, the more natural and fun I think it probably was. They're only 6.
It doesn't matter that they weren't invented then. They are around now and should've been used.

I guess to the op,. You know what they say about assuming......

Old 11-21-2019, 11:45 AM

613 posts, read 155,319 times
I don’t think it’s eye raising that they were 6 and in a tub together. Maybe it’s another person giving him a bath?

Old 11-21-2019, 12:23 PM

938 posts, read 562,675 times
Good grief this is a whole lot of nothing. No reason for the hand wringing. Nothing was done wrong here at all. The boys had a good time and that's that. Good outcome was had by all.

My gosh people over think this stuff.

Old 11-21-2019, 12:45 PM

45,781 posts, read 44,047,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridge781 View Post
I don’t think it’s eye raising that they were 6 and in a tub together. Maybe it’s another person giving him a bath?
Yes, if you notice all the "normal" examples of kids bathing together are about siblings.

Old 11-21-2019, 01:02 PM

1,209 posts, read 395,509 times
I agree with 2loud and I was a social worker. They are only 6. Now if you get a bad vibe from the parents then that’s a different story.

Old 11-21-2019, 01:05 PM

45,781 posts, read 44,047,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
I agree with 2loud and I was a social worker. They are only 6. Now if you get a bad vibe from the parents then that’s a different story.
As I read it, the concerns are about the parents, not the other 6-year-old.

Old 11-21-2019, 01:19 PM

1,324 posts, read 876,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Loud View Post
Good grief this is a whole lot of nothing. No reason for the hand wringing. Nothing was done wrong here at all. The boys had a good time and that's that. Good outcome was had by all.

My gosh people over think this stuff.
I know right, I’m so glad my kids are grown, My kids took a bath every night and Maybe her son does too and the mother thought she was being helpful.

Old 11-21-2019, 01:42 PM

749 posts, read 741,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katemomb View Post
This past weekend we were out with some friends on Saturday evening and my friends son asked if my son could spend the night. I told my friend maybe some other time that I hadn’t brought any extra cloths for my son to change into the next day. Truth is my son wets the bed and I didn’t have a pull up for him. My friend said not to worry about it that they could give my son a long T-shirt to sleep in and he could just wear his same clothes the next day. I kinda pulled my friend to the side and told her about the bedwetting and I didn’t have his pull up. She said not to worry that her son still wets occasionally too and he could use one of his diapers if I was ok with it. The boys are 6 and I know lots of people use the term diaper for pull up and I just assumed that’s what she was referring too. They boys were really wanting to have the sleepover so I said ok. The sleepover went fine and when I picked up my son Sunday mid morning they were outside playing. I had no clue till Sunday evening when getting my son ready for bed that he said that my friend had the boys take a bath together and then put a regular baby diaper on them. My son didn’t seem to care and just kinda said it in passing as a matter of fact. I was a little appalled that she would actually put a baby diaper on a 6 year old and a little upset she didn’t say anything about the bath. My son great time and is already asking about another sleepover. I trust them and am sure nothing inappropriate happened but I’m still a little hung up about the bath and diaper. Would you say something? Or think that’s nothing to worry about?
I have a son and this would not have bothered me. Nudity is not sexuality and should not be so taboo. But, its your call. For me, it would not have been a big deal. I also would not have my son stay over at another's house if I did not know the family well. But that is another thing that you have to decide and we are all different. Trust in your judgments. there is no wrong way here, just different ways.

Old 11-21-2019, 01:47 PM

2,228 posts, read 1,260,924 times
I really hope that you are joking. If not, that's scary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or