U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2019, 09:10 PM

2 posts, read 372 times

Advertisements

This past weekend we were out with some friends on Saturday evening and my friends son asked if my son could spend the night. I told my friend maybe some other time that I hadn’t brought any extra cloths for my son to change into the next day. Truth is my son wets the bed and I didn’t have a pull up for him. My friend said not to worry about it that they could give my son a long T-shirt to sleep in and he could just wear his same clothes the next day. I kinda pulled my friend to the side and told her about the bedwetting and I didn’t have his pull up. She said not to worry that her son still wets occasionally too and he could use one of his diapers if I was ok with it. The boys are 6 and I know lots of people use the term diaper for pull up and I just assumed that’s what she was referring too. They boys were really wanting to have the sleepover so I said ok. The sleepover went fine and when I picked up my son Sunday mid morning they were outside playing. I had no clue till Sunday evening when getting my son ready for bed that he said that my friend had the boys take a bath together and then put a regular baby diaper on them. My son didn’t seem to care and just kinda said it in passing as a matter of fact. I was a little appalled that she would actually put a baby diaper on a 6 year old and a little upset she didn’t say anything about the bath. My son great time and is already asking about another sleepover. I trust them and am sure nothing inappropriate happened but I’m still a little hung up about the bath and diaper. Would you say something? Or think that’s nothing to worry about?

Last edited by Katemomb; 11-20-2019 at 09:23 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2019, 10:15 PM

45,715 posts, read 43,944,153 times
I wouldn't have let him stay, and I wouldn't send him back.

You have to be prepared for situations like this. Even if a mom presents an alternative to your first protest, you can still say, "It's just not a good time for us..." and leave it at that.

All the other stuff notwithstanding, the whole bath together thing is a bit much for me.

Old Yesterday, 01:11 AM

13,343 posts, read 14,584,878 times
Two six year old boys getting a bath together is pervy now!!?

And the woman used a diaper....oh the horror of it.

A psychiatrist would have a field day with this.

Old Yesterday, 04:36 AM

4,176 posts, read 1,839,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katemomb View Post
Would you say something? Or think that’s nothing to worry about?
Always listen to your voice. Do what BirdieBelle suggested and respond that you are not ready for sleepovers.

In my opinion, a friend who understands socializing boundaries will not push the second time I say, "no, thank you. We are not ready." They either will not take it personally or they will spend some time thinking about why I declined their invitation.

Friends who don't understand socializing boundaries don't need to be spoken to directly. It doesn't work anyway since they will become defensive. Or if you come up with excuses to not do something, they will push their solutions on you. What you need is to spend less time with them.

Old Yesterday, 05:45 AM

569 posts, read 185,343 times
The bathing thing seems odd but the longer i think about it the less weird it seems. Young boys swim together, undress near each other. If he doesnt seem uncomfortable i wouldnt make it that way. The diaper is odd though

Old Yesterday, 07:23 AM

4,433 posts, read 2,988,253 times
Well, before they invented pullups, we had to use the largest diapers. They're probably cheaper. I don't see a big deal about that.

Kids taking a bath together? I'm like the others, the more I think about it and picture some of my grandsons, the more natural and fun I think it probably was. They're only 6.

Old Yesterday, 09:07 AM

45,715 posts, read 43,944,153 times
My kids went to dozens of sleepovers and never had to be naked at any of them. I find it odd that the mom wouldn’t take no for an answer AND gave them a bath.

But I’m suspicious of this thread anyway, since it checks off two of three fetishes we sometimes see here.

Old Yesterday, 09:19 AM

15,250 posts, read 22,249,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
My kids went to dozens of sleepovers and never had to be naked at any of them. I find it odd that the mom wouldn’t take no for an answer AND gave them a bath.

But I’m suspicious of this thread anyway, since it checks off two of three fetishes we sometimes see here.
This is the only time I think I have ever disagreed! (Except for the suspicion k)

The OP said she and the mother are friends. The diaper? No big deal. Some people don’t use pull ups. The bath? It’s a routine for little ones to bath before bed.

IMO it’s a gut check. If you feel off, then trust it.

Old Yesterday, 09:25 AM

585 posts, read 140,548 times
If I’d been the other mother I would have said oh ok see ya later as soon as you mentioned your son wets the bed. I don’t want to deal with someone else’s kids bed wetting. Sounds like she’s a very nice woman to not mind.

6 is too young for sleepovers. Not sure what to think of the bath thing. I can see why she didn’t want to deal with bathing them separately though. I would have had them shower separately. My 3 yr old girl and 5 yr old boy were taking baths together up until a few months ago but my son now just does a shower and she still goes on the tub.

I don’t really want to deal with sleepovers at all. Like ever. I don’t want other kids sleeping at my house and I don’t want my kids sleeping at anyone else’s house without me.

Last edited by Bridge781; Yesterday at 09:25 AM.. Reason: Add

Old Yesterday, 10:07 AM

1,428 posts, read 514,667 times
Two little six year olds sloshing in a tub is eye-raising now??

I took baths with my little sister and we played with toys and splashed and slid wildly and dunked under water till my mother said 'Enough of this mess'!
I was 7 and she was 4 and I remember those good ol' days fondly.

The little boys had fun... let go of your pearls and relax.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or