U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2019, 11:49 AM

1,170 posts, read 424,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
I'm more concerned with her plans for the pink duct tape .

I think we're on year four of my daughter asking for a pet shark.
Oh gosh, my kids go through craptons of duct tape. There are a ton of DIY crafts using duct tape, so it's been in Christmas stockings for the last few years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2019, 08:02 AM

4,706 posts, read 2,786,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gus2 View Post
Oh gosh, my kids go through craptons of duct tape. There are a ton of DIY crafts using duct tape, so it's been in Christmas stockings for the last few years.
Interesting. Do they ever use Washi tape?

Old 11-26-2019, 01:32 PM

2,914 posts, read 3,282,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
Funny! She's 10. Let her have her fantasies. I hope dad saves this list and includes it in the photo montage at her wedding.
I thought it was really funny, too.

"Asenchul" oils cracked me up.ve sold my soul for a pair of authentic Guess jeans as a middle schooler...) I think Christmas/birthdays are a great time t

My daughter has a hydroflask. She got it for her birthday last year. It was "only" $40. I have never seen the ones that cost $70. Obviously, $40 is a lot for a water bottle but ultimately fit within our usual birthday budget so...meh. Why not get her what she wants? I don't get the trend, but I'm sure there were plenty of things *I* coveted as a teen that my parents probably didn't get either. (Guess jeans, anyone? lol.)

Last edited by strawflower; 11-26-2019 at 02:01 PM..

Old 11-26-2019, 01:47 PM

6,969 posts, read 3,263,820 times
The art of negotiation...always ask for more then you'll know you'll get. She is setting the stage for her long years in the work force...constantly asking for more and settling for less.

I'd get her a bag of coal ...like a relative gave me. Said. ..hey! Its a diamond to someone else willing to pressurize it. Learned then how one gift would actually hold true for a life lesson.

Old 11-27-2019, 05:18 AM

2,775 posts, read 2,154,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilLisa83 View Post
Better in current events?

Anyway way that's wild!

Reminds me of when I was little and had that huge Toys R Us Christmas catalog. My lists were long too!
And also the annual Sears Christmas catalog. I’d just let ‘em dream big. She just a kid. Regarding reusable drinking bottles, I would buy an inexpensive one as children sometimes lose things or it accidentally breaks.

Old 11-27-2019, 01:24 PM

16,390 posts, read 18,392,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
I had to google Hydroflask, I didn't know what it was. This sale popped up:
https://hydroflaske.com/?msclkid=27e...7d063beb7f5be0

I think it's great kids are asking for reusable water bottles, but I agree, they aren't cheap.
You can get them much cheaper if you don't care about the name

https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/hom...water-bottles/

Contigo Jackson Reusable Water Bottle
amazon.com
$24.99
$6.99 (72% off)
SHOP NOW

At less than $8, this 24-ounce reusable water bottle is a bargain. You can easily take a sip of water with one hand since it opens with the push of a button — no need to twist off a cap. It's also dishwasher safe (on the top rack). Plus, other Contigo bottles have performed well in previous tests by our kitchen appliance experts.

I have a 32 ounce pogo I bought at target. The two pack is $15.99

https://www.target.com/p/pogo-tritan...e/-/A-50253593

Old 11-29-2019, 07:19 AM

3,788 posts, read 9,759,192 times
I always liked the parents who got three gifts for their kids: One to wear, one to read and one to play with.

My husband was the manager of a worker who had a lovely wife and five kids. They struggled with parents who would not follow boundaries of not giving too many toys and plastic junk to their kids. They had a small house, believed in simple living and wanted their kids to appreciate what they got. It was a constant struggle to not let the stuff into the house. They never had their kids make up wish lists.

Old Today, 09:08 PM

1 posts
When I see something like that, I always feel myself as the happiest dad on the Planet, because my children never ask me something impossible. Maybe, that's why I like to give them really good gifts on every holiday, without their nagging. You know, here is a pure happiness to see your children happy with the gifts they got from you.
It's not about everyday care routine, like making breakfast or hugging before the bed time, it's about something else, when you know, that you may make a person happy with a thing, which you just bought in a store. Childhood-is the perfect time for being happy with a new toy. Because when you become an adult, who can buy any toy in any time-you don't need it anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or