Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2020, 03:38 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,503,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by historyfan View Post
This post is confusing to me.

It sounds like OP is providing the financial support & her parents are providing rhe care of the children? Plus the children's father is also providing financial support (lease). The use of guardians term needs definition-- is this court ordered or are you saying your parents are guardians when you are not available?

What do you want to do OP--move to another place with boyfriend? Why on earth would you not just visit your boyfriend & leave things as they are? Children are vulnerable & your parents are trying to protect them--- listen to them.
Lots of good advice on this thread. I would definitely follow it. Your priority is to your children. I'm not sure why grandparents are guardians of your children (have you left them before?) or why you even need to ask if it's ok to leave your kids with grandparents while you go to live with a new boyfriend. I don't know the whole story, but I have known people in similar situations so I am picturing the difficult time the children have had with on-again, off-again parenting, and how much wear it is on grandparents to raise their grandchildren. Whenever you are making decisions, always think first what is best for your kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2020, 06:24 PM

1,505 posts, read 1,809,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephaniyah90 View Post
I am a 29 year old woman with two kids. I have been dating my boyfriend for almost half of a year now but my kids and I have always lived w/my parents. Well, kind of-we all have our names on the same lease and I support my kids, parents, and myself by working full time, paying bills, and cooking and cleaning. So, I’m basically pulling my weight and doing what I’m supposed to do. The only problem is my eldest daughters’ father, the grandparents, and having their name on mine and my bf’s lease. Let me explain... my parents don’t trust my bf only because they don’t know him as well as I do and don’t want the kids around him. I agree and understand that completely; I mean, the grandparents have a say, too, since they are also my children’s guardians. I will be staying in the same city so my two daughters, myself and my parents can still be together; I would never break us apart. Next is the eldest daughters’ dad; I haven’t told him about this and in regard to that, [b]a part of me wants to let my kids stay [/B]with their grandparents but I want them to go where I go. However, I don’t want them uncomfortable with someone they see as a stranger. Finally, if I did move them in with my bf and myself, based on their comfort level, I would let them be with their grandparents most of the time and split myself between being with them and with my bf... can this possibly work??? Pls help!

Never, never have your children live with or spend more time with grandparents than with you because of your man. What kind of man would want you to move your children with him or leave your children for him?
Big red flag. Your children should always be priority in every decision that you make. Please allow your children to keep the family stability that they have.

Old 01-06-2020, 11:45 AM

104 posts, read 62,929 times
I know that raising children alone is very difficult. I will give you advice - put your children above all else! Let other people adjust to your schedule. I even want to buy a children's trailer for a bicycle example to carry my son with me to work while my car is under repair. What is your relationship with your boyfriend right now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting