Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2020, 07:13 AM

7 posts, read 5,734 times

Advertisements

NO I cant stand being locked in my room it was HORRIBLE I hate confined spaces so being locked up was hard, I begged my parents to let me off with just a weekend locked up but they made me serve 7 days, I think that was too harsh, I think I should have been let out after 2 days don't you ?

Old 04-08-2020, 07:29 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,306,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supersally12 View Post
it was a very unpleasant punishment, the weather was mild and sunny and all my friends were out having fun while I was shut away in my room , why is punishment so miserable ?
Duh, because what you did was pretty miserable and punishment is meant to be unpleasant. Maybe this will deter you in the future. I'll say good-bye now as I'm sure you'll never be back after today.

Old 04-08-2020, 07:35 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,971,106 times
Quote:
it was a very unpleasant punishment, the weather was mild and sunny and all my friends were out having fun while I was shut away in my room , why is punishment so miserable ?
Are you for real? Punishment is supposed to be miserable, not pleasant. Otherwise, it wouldn't be a deterrent.

If you don't like the punishment they dished out, next time I suggest they send you away for real. You'll be begging for their "punishment".

Old 04-08-2020, 07:40 AM

7 posts, read 5,734 times
I know punishment is not supposed to be fun, but why did my parents have to lock my bedroom door, they said because that's what prison is like, I promised my parents I would stay in my room if they kept my door unlocked but they refused saying being locked in is the punishment, is this fair ? or should they have kept my door unlocked ?

Old 04-08-2020, 08:46 AM

2,648 posts, read 2,314,747 times
Quote:
3 or 4 weeks ago i got caught shoplifting from our local shop, luckily for me the shopkeeper knew my mum and told her instead of the police, my parents went mad and said the last thing they want is for me to go to prison, i was then given my punishment, as it was half term and we had a week off school, my parents said i would be getting a weeks worth of prison life it was HORRIBLE, my parents stripped my bedroom of EVERYTHING except bed , desk and chair they then LOCKED me in my bedroom with a key, i had to get up at 6am everyday, after a shower and breakfast i was then locked back into my room, i was allowed half an hours excersise in the garden per day otherwise i was locked up in my bedroom at ALL times, i was set 4 hours of schoolwork per day including lines and punishment essays, i wasnt even allowed to wear my own clothes i had to wear my navy blue school shirt and skirt, lights out at 9pm, i had to suffer 7 days of this punishment i HATED it so much , my older sister says i deserved to be punished what do you think ?
Kudos to your parents!

oh, and welcome to CD?

Old 04-08-2020, 09:15 AM

3,918 posts, read 6,832,743 times
Quote:
I know punishment is not supposed to be fun, but why did my parents have to lock my bedroom door, they said because that's what prison is like, I promised my parents I would stay in my room if they kept my door unlocked but they refused saying being locked in is the punishment, is this fair ? or should they have kept my door unlocked ?
It doesn't matter what's fair in this case. Your parents were acting as the judge and jury and you got your sentence. At the end of the day you need to learn to appreciate a few things about this lesson:

1) You know never to steal again, harsh lessons learned are typically good deterrents so just don't be an immoral person again and you shouldn't have to go through that again.

2) Your punishment could have been worse! If the cops were called and you had to go through the court process you would have faced more embarrassment and a lot more shame, with the addition of monetary fines. What your parents did WAS provide a safety cushion for you to fall on so I commend them for taking harsh action against you by replicating what prison life is like, which really wasn't even close at the end of the day as you were in your own bed.

3) Your parents love you. No parent wants to punish their kid but you deserved it and they obviously believe in strict punishments for explicit wrong doing which in this case was literally a crime.

I hope you eventually learn to appreciate this lesson and laugh at your wrong doing and the ensuing punishment. Remember, life isn't ever fair but generally speaking you get what you deserve. Do wrong, and you will have wrong done to you. Do good and good will come to you.

Old 04-08-2020, 09:29 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,340,440 times
Were your parents home when the door was locked? If so, then I suppose it's fine. If they were not home, it was a safety issue in case of a fire or some other emergency.

It's not the punishment I would have used under the circumstances, but your parents know you better than anyone here does.

Was this the first time you've been in trouble for something that is criminal?

Old 04-08-2020, 09:30 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,920,589 times
Quote:
NO I cant stand being locked in my room it was HORRIBLE I hate confined spaces so being locked up was hard, I begged my parents to let me off with just a weekend locked up but they made me serve 7 days, I think that was too harsh, I think I should have been let out after 2 days don't you ?
No. You STOLE something. You're lucky you didn't get arrested.

Old 04-08-2020, 10:20 AM

2,684 posts, read 2,399,025 times
Sounds like the punishment worked. Good for them.

Old 04-08-2020, 10:45 AM

35 posts, read 20,391 times
OP. I agree with BirdieBelle. You are LUCKY the shop owner did not call the police and have you arrested.

Did you learn your lesson? Some time in the future, you will look back on this and laugh (especially when you have your own kids).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting