U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 05:33 PM

1,151 posts, read 3,060,615 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
Congrats!

My favorites are:

Juliana, Maxine, Christopher & Giovanni.

Whatever you choose, keep in mind kids can be mean and make fun of him or her because of the name. My first name is Mary Ann and I had to hear Gilligan Island jokes my whole life and my last name is similiar to a type of food, so you can imagine the joking I've had to deal with. (still do)
We are definitely keeping in mind that fact that kids can be mean. Funny, we are considering Christopher or Christian for a boy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2006, 05:42 PM

431 posts, read 292,345 times
I like simple names. Trend-setting names of today will be gone tomorrow. I can't imagine being an unpronouncable name my entire life! :-)

Jake - a great boy's name
Jenny - a great girl's name

Old 12-29-2006, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannie View Post
I like simple names. Trend-setting names of today will be gone tomorrow. I can't imagine being an unpronouncable name my entire life! :-)

Jake - a great boy's name
Jenny - a great girl's name
I like simple names too. No Apple or Shiloh Nouvel for us.

Old 12-29-2006, 06:09 PM

1,943 posts, read 7,626,018 times
My two sons are Jeremy-not a lot of them around, and Zachary. However, Zachary is very popular now, but at the time when I picked the name at 16 (that's not when I had my child though! He's 6 and I am 34!) it wasn't popular.
I like Gavin. Derek. Shane.
For girls, my favorite name is Charlotte, with the nickname Charlie, but my husband hates it, so there goes that. We too like Isabella. I also like Giovanna and Kayla. Emily is pretty but common. Olivia.
I name the middle name of each of my child, for a name of someone in my family that I love. For example, Jeremy's middle name is after my father and grandfather because it's the same name. Zack's middle name is after my husband and grandfather-same name.

Old 12-29-2006, 06:15 PM

1,406 posts, read 4,589,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noljos View Post
We are definitely keeping in mind that fact that kids can be mean. Funny, we are considering Christopher or Christian for a boy.
Oh, that's a great choice...well, I'm biased because I have a grandson named Nicholas and his little brother is Christian!

Old 12-29-2006, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_TN_Nana View Post
Oh, that's a great choice...well, I'm biased because I have a grandson named Nicholas and his little brother is Christian!

Small world huh. I love the name Christian. I guess I'll have to consider it a lot more now.

Old 12-29-2006, 06:24 PM

660 posts, read 2,417,522 times
Names we considered for boys:Oran (family name), Liam, Oliver and Lance. We ended up with a Lance!
For girls we liked: Emma, Heather, Ainsley and Laine. We have a Laine, and call her Lainey.
Congradulations to you. Babies are such a blessing.

Old 12-29-2006, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrshvo View Post
My two sons are Jeremy-not a lot of them around, and Zachary. However, Zachary is very popular now, but at the time when I picked the name at 16 (that's not when I had my child though! He's 6 and I am 34!) it wasn't popular.
I like Gavin. Derek. Shane.
For girls, my favorite name is Charlotte, with the nickname Charlie, but my husband hates it, so there goes that. We too like Isabella. I also like Giovanna and Kayla. Emily is pretty but common. Olivia.
I name the middle name of each of my child, for a name of someone in my family that I love. For example, Jeremy's middle name is after my father and grandfather because it's the same name. Zack's middle name is after my husband and grandfather-same name.
Glad you like Isabella. It means: Consecrated to God or in Italian: She is beautiful. Can't go wrong there right? My name is Joshua: "Jehovah is salvation". I'm not religious, but love the meaning of my name.

Old 12-29-2006, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KidsforMe View Post
Names we considered for boys:Oran (family name), Liam, Oliver and Lance. We ended up with a Lance!
For girls we liked: Emma, Heather, Ainsley and Laine. We have a Laine, and call her Lainey.
Congradulations to you. Babies are such a blessing.
Thank you 2KidsforMe, they are a blessing. I don't know what would have been of my life without my son.

Old 12-29-2006, 06:47 PM

8,191 posts, read 27,455,458 times
I also like the name Christian. Patrick and Alexander are my other picks for a boy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting