Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2021, 07:14 AM

3,166 posts, read 3,356,252 times

Advertisements

Sad thing is her mother liked the photo.... I just hope the teen girl’s mother has taught her about birth control.... It’s beyond me why any parent would allow their teenager post a sexually suggestive photo with their boyfriend or girlfriend for everyone to see. It’s very inappropriate, especially at her age. Knowing the teen girl’s mom, she tries to be her friend more than being a parent. I think trying to be a child’s friend rather than being proactive in parenting, usually ends up with more problems and drama in the long run. The girl’s father has been mostly out of her life since birth. Her boyfriend looks a bit older than she is, maybe 17.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2021, 01:06 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,713,925 times
Who are these people to you?

Old 03-23-2021, 01:31 PM

36,499 posts, read 30,827,524 times
I definitely think parents should discuss what is and is not proper to be posting on social media and the lasting problems inappropriate images and words can cause. But then someone need to explain this to many parents first.

Old 03-23-2021, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Who are these people to you?
I’m friends with the teenage girl’s mother. Both on my social media. In the photo, both fully clothed, the boyfriend has his girlfriend embraced with his hand cupped over her bosom. I thought the picture was in poor taste to be posting on social media especially they’re still teens. Even as an adult, it’d still be a bit inappropriate. Show some class unless you’re not embarrassed to act trashy in front of others

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I definitely think parents should discuss what is and is not proper to be posting on social media and the lasting problems inappropriate images and words can cause. But then someone need to explain this to many parents first.

Agree with you there.

Old 03-23-2021, 02:57 PM

Are you going to tell the girl's mother what we said in response to your post? Is that why you posted it?

Old 03-23-2021, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Are you going to tell the girl's mother what we said in response to your post? Is that why you posted it?
No, I wouldn’t tell it to her face. good way to end a friendship by telling a friend how to parent their teen. I was asking to see what others had thought. There’s nothing cute about teenage pregnancy. I think parents should encourage their kids abstinence until marriage, or at least wait until out of high school.

I would think most parents wouldn’t want their teen having sex during high school.... Unless, things have changed over the years.

If you’re a parent, would you want your teen posting a racy photo with their boyfriend or girlfriend? ??

Old 03-23-2021, 07:16 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,243,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFarm34 View Post
No, I wouldn’t tell it to her face. good way to end a friendship by telling a friend how to parent their teen. I was asking to see what others had thought. There’s nothing cute about teenage pregnancy. I think parents should encourage their kids abstinence until marriage, or at least wait until out of high school.

I would think most parents wouldn’t want their teen having sex during high school.... Unless, things have changed over the years.

If you’re a parent, would you want your teen posting a racy photo with their boyfriend or girlfriend? ??
No and i wouldnt/didn't allow it nonetheless I believe we've discussed your interest in others' child raising, no?

Old 03-23-2021, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
No and i wouldnt/didn't allow it nonetheless I believe we've discussed your interest in others' child raising, no?
So? I’m sure everyone does

Old 03-23-2021, 09:42 PM

OK so we all agree with you. Now what?

Old 03-23-2021, 11:15 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFarm34 View Post

You can't assume the bolded. Many parents are ok with teens having sex after a certain age (this varies by parent), as long as they're using bc. I've known some mothers to put their teen girls on oral contraceptives as soon as they get a bf and start expressing an interest in sex. It eliminates the "there's nothing cute about teen pregnancy" concern.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting