U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2008, 12:06 PM

1,047 posts, read 3,240,957 times

Advertisements

As a woman who's husband travels,and Mother of 3,I would like to express a big CONGRATULATIONS to all the single Mothers out their on all their hard work and devotion to their kids.My husband has been away these last 4 weeks more than usual,and I realize how hard it gets sometimes to be the only parent around! I cannot imagine doing it full time! Single Mothers deserve some recognition for their hard work!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2008, 12:12 PM

1,363 posts, read 5,345,180 times
Amen! I'm sure I could do it if I had to, but I sure am glad I don't have to do this job alone. All you single moms out there, doing it and doing it well-God Bless Ya, and Happy Mother's Day!

Old 05-09-2008, 12:13 PM

7,574 posts, read 9,560,497 times
wow, what a great thread! As a single mother of 2 for 7 years before I married my second husband, what a difficult job it is. Being a parent is hard enough with 2 parents but one? A very Happy Mother's Day to all those terrific Moms out there!

Old 05-09-2008, 01:49 PM

396 posts, read 906,908 times
I am a single mother, and it's as great as it is tough.
It's great because I get to call the shots (even though his dad is great and spends tons of time with him).
Tough because I lack adult stuff and am scared to death half the time.
I currently do not have a husband and just broke up with a boyfriend (see my post of Problem with Boyfriend). So I am on my own, but sometimes I think it's easier. I also have family nearby, I have a pretty high level of education, and I am resourceful about money.
If I ever hit it big, I will start a house for single moms and their kids!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting