Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 02:09 PM

817 posts, read 2,250,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trav_Boone View Post
How am I only helping myself? She feels the same. She wants someone smart and mature. She says guys her age only want sex and are not very smart. We talk about things for hours and have fun together. Ive dated women my age all my life. This is the first time I have ever done anything like this. It seems more real with her. We have a lot of the same interests. We both read. We have lots of fun. Its the most meaningful relationship I've ever had. People are not all the same. Some mature faster than others. Yes this persons daughter should not have left town and all that. I never did any of that. I never control my girlfriends mind. We have arguments about stuff all the time. She is her own person. She has goals in her life... something most 24 year old women do not have. I could really fall for this girl... so.. call me creeper all you want. Call me a pedophille. But I will do what few will do. I will fight for Love! Because thats what its turning into .. Love.. and thats all relationships need... is love!
Find someone your own age who is mature. A 16 year old girl doesn't have half the emotional maturity of a 24 year old. You are ****ing up this girl's life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2010, 09:00 PM

2 posts, read 3,232 times
I myself am 16 at the moment and i think theres nothing wrong with a 16 year old and a 24 yar old talking over the internet and exchanging photos etc.
However, i agree that the daughter running away and sneaking off to meet him is wrong. I think the man shouldve came up to see her and she wouldve been supervised by her parents.
Taking away her computer was a smart idea, and the photos given back was a good thing- she might have realised when looking at those photos that he is too old for her and could have done something bad.

Old 12-26-2010, 10:29 PM

2 posts, read 3,232 times
I myself am 16 at the moment and i think theres nothing wrong with a 16 year old and a 24 yar old talking over the internet and exchanging photos etc.
However, i agree that the daughter running away and sneaking off to meet him is wrong. I think the man shouldve came up to see her and she wouldve been supervised by her parents.
Taking away her computer was a smart idea, and the photos given back was a good thing- she might have realised when looking at those photos that he is too old for her and could have done something bad.

Old 12-26-2010, 10:51 PM

2,540 posts, read 6,229,862 times
Being the OP started this thread in May of 2008, I don't think this is an issue anymore being her daughter is well over 18 now.

Old 12-27-2010, 07:19 PM

2,059 posts, read 5,747,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra24 View Post
That's because you're 16 and haven't seen what most of us who have been 24 have.

Old 12-28-2010, 10:17 AM

14,785 posts, read 24,080,364 times
okay that would be the last of her online days indeed and I would rip that computer out of her room and if my husband wanted to argue about it . He would be liking the couch alot . I dont negotiate with husbands or kids . My house , my rules . She is 16 and she needs to learn to put some respect in that mouth . And God help that husband that wanted me to return that , oh no not on this earth or in the heavens above . He would learn to respect what I say as a parent . I think you let your husband disrespect you in front of the girl and now the girl thinks she can do the same thing . I would make it very clear to her that she does not ever disrespect you . Then the husband and I would be having a talk about being on the same ground . This child knows how to play her father , because he has let her . Put your foot down now with the both of them or you will only get more issues with the both of them .

Old 12-28-2010, 12:55 PM

2,540 posts, read 6,229,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
okay that would be the last of her online days indeed and I would rip that computer out of her room and if my husband wanted to argue about it . He would be liking the couch alot . I dont negotiate with husbands or kids . My house , my rules . She is 16 and she needs to learn to put some respect in that mouth . And God help that husband that wanted me to return that , oh no not on this earth or in the heavens above . He would learn to respect what I say as a parent . I think you let your husband disrespect you in front of the girl and now the girl thinks she can do the same thing . I would make it very clear to her that she does not ever disrespect you . Then the husband and I would be having a talk about being on the same ground . This child knows how to play her father , because he has let her . Put your foot down now with the both of them or you will only get more issues with the both of them .
BBM - This thread is 2 1/2 years old! This girl is closer to 19 now and either still in this relationship or has moved on. The OP hasn't even posted in over 2 1/2 yrs. This thread probably needs to be locked.

Old 12-29-2010, 02:43 PM

1,483 posts, read 3,307,398 times
I only read the first page of this thread and already a few answers got under my skin. Please don't listen to those irrational responses. That relationship is TOTALLY unacceptable. Those people who feel that there is nothing wrong then your a fool.

By the way, what the hell is a 24 yr old doing talking to a 16 yr old...get a life and talk to people your own age...dirtbag!

OP-you MUST take away the computer/cellphone/phone/etc and then punish her, i.e. she cannot go out...only to school. Take a stand! Tell your husband to grow some balls. That is not the typical concerned father response.

Old 12-29-2010, 02:48 PM

1,483 posts, read 3,307,398 times
Default Wtf

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbub22 View Post
I only read the first page of this thread and already a few answers got under my skin. Please don't listen to those irrational responses. That relationship is TOTALLY unacceptable. Those people who feel that there is nothing wrong then your a fool.

By the way, what the hell is a 24 yr old doing talking to a 16 yr old...get a life and talk to people your own age...dirtbag!

OP-you MUST take away the computer/cellphone/phone/etc and then punish her, i.e. she cannot go out...only to school. Take a stand! Tell your husband to grow some balls. That is not the typical concerned father response.
My goodness that was 2 yrs ago. I got my blood pressure up for no reason. I pray that everything ended well. By the way, lets delete this thread...possibly save someone from a heart attack!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting