Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2021, 08:01 PM

15,592 posts, read 15,662,820 times

Advertisements

They get vaccinated. This amazes me. I can't imagine having the initiative to do that when I was a kid.

Youngsters discover new technique to defy dad and mom: Getting vaccinated
Youngsters preserve all types of secrets and techniques from their dad and mom. Consuming. Intercourse. Awful grades.
However the secret that Elizabeth, 17, a rising highschool senior from New York Metropolis, retains from hers is new to the buffet of adolescent misdeeds. She doesn’t need her dad and mom to know that she is vaccinated towards COVID-19.
https://www.kaiserin-magazine.com/wo...ng-vaccinated/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2021, 09:53 PM

12,159 posts, read 7,997,139 times
What in the Alabama is this... I hope this article is a joke... please tell me this is a joke.

Old 08-08-2021, 08:00 AM

7,352 posts, read 3,522,888 times
Let the media and school raise your kids for you. You should be talking with your kids about current events and social issues when they are old enough to understand them which I think is around 7. Be fair, present both sides then ask them what they think. Having open dialogues with your kids from an early age and exposing them to real world issues will help avoid them going behind your back on important life decisions. Also, never scold them for telling the truth.

Old 08-08-2021, 08:58 AM

13,981 posts, read 25,946,717 times
The kids are smarter than their parents.

Old 08-08-2021, 09:46 AM

9,118 posts, read 6,170,326 times
It's hard to take this article seriously. We're not talking typos here.

"A latest ballot by the Kaiser Household Basis discovered that solely 3 in 10 dad and mom of youngsters ages 12-17 supposed to permit them to be vaccinated instantly. "

"New Jersey and New York legislatures have payments pending that may permit youngsters as younger as 14 to consent to vaccines; Minnesota has one that may allow some youngsters as younger as 12 to consent to COVID photographs."

"Though South Carolina youngsters can consent at 16, and medical doctors could carry out sure medically needed procedures with out parental permission on even youthful youngsters, a invoice within the legislature would explicitly bar suppliers from giving the COVID shot with out parental consent to minors."

"Dr. Jay Lee, a household doctor and chief medical officer of Share Our Selves, a neighborhood well being community in Orange County, California, mentioned dad and mom say they might somewhat threat their little one having COVID than get the brand new vaccine.

“I’ll validate their considerations,” Lee mentioned, “however I level out that ready to see in case your little one will get sick isn’t a superb technique. "

"In response to the Nationwide Convention of State Legislatures, which has been monitoring COVID-related payments, some states, together with Tennessee and Alabama, are engaged on laws to stop public colleges from requiring COVID photographs."

Old 08-08-2021, 09:57 AM

2,634 posts, read 2,677,060 times
A very strange magazine. Is every story written by the same person? I’d almost suspect the guy made the whole story up from his couch.

“Isabella desires it as a result of her mates are getting it, and she or he doesn’t wish to put on a masks,” mentioned Charisse, mom of a 17-year-old in Delray Seashore, Florida, who requested that her final identify be withheld for household privateness.”

Do American teenagers regularly call their friends “mates”? And which teenagers are not going out with friends because they don’t have the vaccine? Some of this looks like it was run through Google Translator...

“Isabella mentioned, ‘It’s my physique.’ And I mentioned, ‘Effectively, it’s my physique till you’re 18.’”

I see “physique” used throughout the magazine instead of “body.” Quite ironic this American teenager also uses the word “physique” instead of “body.” I’m no Sherlock Holmes here, but something seems a bit off.

Old 08-08-2021, 10:22 AM

215 posts, read 127,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRunner View Post
A very strange magazine. Is every story written by the same person? I’d almost suspect the guy made the whole story up from his couch.

“Isabella desires it as a result of her mates are getting it, and she or he doesn’t wish to put on a masks,” mentioned Charisse, mom of a 17-year-old in Delray Seashore, Florida, who requested that her final identify be withheld for household privateness.”

Do American teenagers regularly call their friends “mates”? And which teenagers are not going out with friends because they don’t have the vaccine? Some of this looks like it was run through Google Translator...

“Isabella mentioned, ‘It’s my physique.’ And I mentioned, ‘Effectively, it’s my physique till you’re 18.’”

I see “physique” used throughout the magazine instead of “body.” Quite ironic this American teenager also uses the word “physique” instead of “body.” I’m no Sherlock Holmes here, but something seems a bit off.
Definitely! LOL

Old 08-08-2021, 10:25 AM

18,547 posts, read 15,579,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRunner View Post

It sounds like it was written in another language and then run through machine-translation.

Old 08-08-2021, 12:56 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,946,717 times
Kaiserin is a global news magazine, originating in India I believe. The somewhat clumsy translation to English doesn't change the gist of the article, I've read similar accounts in US publications.

Old 08-08-2021, 06:21 PM

23,591 posts, read 70,383,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
Kaiserin is a global news magazine, originating in India I believe. The somewhat clumsy translation to English doesn't change the gist of the article, I've read similar accounts in US publications.
Hmmm. So when I get an email suggesting that "the most notable prince of the Nigerian royal family has choesn ME to be the honerhable person to hold the 47 million dollers until the rightfool airs can claim it" I should believe it?

One of the basic rules of differentiating idiots from those with a brain is that the latter usually can spell. Just sayin' ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting