Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 04:27 PM

2,154 posts, read 4,412,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by omigawd View Post
first, if someone is giving 'oral sex' the lipstick isn't going to leave a 'ring around the penis'. Second, tell me what 8 or 11 year old were at a party where "all the girls" were giving "all the boys" oral sex and where were the parents or adults who should have been supervising this party??? Are you going to say a group of 8 to 12 year olds were basically having an orgy ????

Heard about the "bracelet game" too where if you wear a specific color bracelet, you will do _______ sex act and you have to perform that sex act on whatever boy breaks the bracelet off your wrist.

Urban legends at their best.........

Come on, people, do we REALLY think 8, 9, 10, 11, or even 14 year old girls would just fall back and have sex with ANYONE???? Did YOU do that at that age (or even at 15, 16, 17 or 18)?????????

Maybe not where you grew up, but I had 3, yes 3 girls in my CLASS pregnant before we finished 7th grade! One of them was knocked up in 6th! You are being naive if you think kids as young as 8 aren't having sex these days. It is the peer pressure and wanted to be cool and liked by the guys. Trust me- IT IS HAPPENING and it is HAPPENING throughout this country, turn a blind eye or ear all you want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2010, 04:35 PM

707 posts, read 1,461,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omigawd View Post
My daughter is 11 and I've already had "the talk" with her (various topics at various ages) and she knows what sex is. She also knows how to RESPECT HERSELF and not allow boys to touch her or hump on her.

I'm glad you let your daughter grind because she knows what it will lead to. You must be a great parent giving your daughter the go-ahead to have boys dry-humping her. At this rate, I'm sure it won't be long before she comes home with an "oops".

Dry Humpingis the process of two people repeatedly moving up and down and back and forth on top of each other fully clothed. Not from Behind.

Shes 5 years old. She knows all about sex already because she does not know her father as Mommy had to explain that she resulted from forced sex (rape). I have no problem with her going and dancing when she is in 8th-12th grade. My daughter will also know how to respect herself, She is allowed to do what makes her comfortable as long as she knows the consequences of what could possibly happen. Where Im From only 2 schools have had problems with it and it wasnt even parents who had the problems with it, it was principals. Parents actually said "Its just dancing and they are being chaperoned so it could not possibly lead to other things"

And you saying she will come home with an "oops" (which she was by the way DUE TO RAPE) is offensive. Its my responsibilty to teach her about birth control, condoms, and all about sex. If you choose not to put your daughter on birth control that is your choice, but my daughter will go on birth control when she is old enough. You can not control what goes on behind your back but you can prevent the consequences that happen.

Stories of CHILDREN getting pregnant:
http://www.wbtv.com/global/story.asp?s=11207915
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,584936,00.html
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...st-mother.html
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_446034.html
http://www.wvgazette.com/News/201008180945

PREGNANT 14 YEAR OLD SAYS GETTING PREGNANT IS THE NEWEST FASHION: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,254341,00.html

THIS IS WRONG: http://www.break.com/usercontent/200...r-1239571.html
Kids that age should not be grinding but once your child hits highschool they are going to do stuff whether you like it or not.
Nearly 80% of students by the time they are Seniors in high school are of non-virgin status according to the CDC.

Last edited by cheerbaby112; 09-14-2010 at 04:53 PM..

Old 09-14-2010, 05:02 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,773,830 times
I would not consider foxnews a reliable source of data on anything, but especially not on teen sexuality.

Facts on American Teens' Sexual and Reproductive Health

This report is from January 2010, but the data is from 1990 to 2006. It states that nearly half of all 15 to 19 year olds have had sex at least once, but that most young people have their first sexual experience at 17. The rate of teen pregnancies declined from 1995 to 2005 as well.

Dorothy

Old 09-14-2010, 05:35 PM

15,966 posts, read 20,932,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerbaby112 View Post
Dry Humping is the process of two people repeatedly moving up and down and back and forth on top of each other fully clothed. Not from Behind.
Dry humping is sex with your clothes on. Doesn't make a bit of difference if it's lying down, standing up, from behind, or upside down. You think dry humping from behind is somehow less stimulating? Wow, that's like saying sex isn't really sex if it isn't done in the missionary position. The end result is the same no matter the position.

My kids have said that when they were in middle school that oral sex under the bleachers was very common during the school day. That's been about six years ago, and I doubt it's changed for the better since then.

Old 09-14-2010, 05:44 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,061,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Dry humping is sex with your clothes on. Doesn't make a bit of difference if it's lying down, standing up, from behind, or upside down. You think dry humping from behind is somehow less stimulating? Wow, that's like saying sex isn't really sex if it isn't done in the missionary position. The end result is the same no matter the position.

My kids have said that when they were in middle school that oral sex under the bleachers was very common during the school day. That's been about six years ago, and I doubt it's changed for the better since then.
have worked with kids of all ages--what you said is so true---biggest problem with these kids was parental denial or the blind ostrich syndrome(where even when the parental head is yanked out of the sand they still can't see)

Old 09-14-2010, 07:00 PM

707 posts, read 1,461,735 times
I am going to try to get my child to remain sex free but its not realistic, The only thing I can do is talk to her and get her on BC and teach the importance of abstinence. Nothing is Realistic. I asked my fiancee today how many people in his highschool were virgins by the time they were seniors and graduated he said about 5. I dont find anything wrong with "Grinding" my mother used to do it in the 80's, I did it as a teenager and my sibilings did it as teenagers, Where im from noone seems to have a problem with it.

Old 09-14-2010, 07:10 PM

613 posts, read 988,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoquilter View Post
it is sickening to see people "dancing" this way. But unfortunately disgusting dancing has been going on for quite sometime. I remember hearing way back in the late 70's that when you danced you were supposed to dance like you were having sex. Anyone remember the jerk? I was a young kid back then and i remember thinking, as i watched people dance, if that is the way you have sex it looks pretty painful.
lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-14-2010, 07:14 PM

2,058 posts, read 3,295,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamoutloud View Post
Seriously. All through my upper elementary, junior high, and high school years I kept hearing of all these scandalous things that we young delinquents were supposed to be up to. Rainbow parties, the jelly bracelet thing, whatever. Everyone knew what these things were, but no one actually did them. They were laughed off as adult pearl-clutching about "kids today." And it's not like I went to school with a group of innocents either. Plenty of people at my high school got drunk, had sex, smoked pot, etc. And yet no one was attending oral sex parties or exchanging sexual favors for bracelets.
That's EXACTLY how it was when I was in school. :P

Old 09-14-2010, 08:30 PM

1,163 posts, read 1,989,255 times
Dirty dancing has been going on for a long while now. Where have YOU ben, LOL!

Old 09-14-2010, 09:00 PM

4,502 posts, read 13,433,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkMagaritas View Post
Yes Yes YES! we had more than one pregnant girl in our middle school during the 3 years I was there. 12year old in 6th grade and a couple 8th graders. When I was in 8th grade I was invited to the popular girl's sleep over. Her mom set up a big tent and we all got to sleep in it outside. Well guess what happened after her mom went to bed? a bunch of boys came over!! I had to sleep next to multipule girls and boys partaking in sexual acts!

We all knew about the 6th grade girls that came into middle school thinking they would be cool and popular by giving oral to multipule diffrent 8th grade guys.
My point was and is that I think girls have a little more self respect than to just lay down with anyone or give oral sex to anyone.

All these "stories" about 6th grade girls giving oral sex to 8th grade boys or having oral sex under the bleachers are just that: STORIES..... As if no one here remembers all the stories, rumors, etc that went around when you were in HS or MS. (and the fact that maybe 1% of those stories were true)

Of course, children are having sex at younger ages now but I doubt it's anywhere close to what's being portrayed here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting