U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-14-2010, 09:04 PM

4,502 posts, read 8,055,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerbaby112 View Post

Shes 5 years old. She knows all about sex already because she does not know her father as Mommy had to explain that she resulted from forced sex (rape).
You are either a troll or a lunatic. Who in their right mind tells a FIVE YEAR OLD about sex and that she is the result of a RAPE??????? Great parenting.

Quote:
Its my responsibilty to teach her about birth control, condoms, and all about sex. If you choose not to put your daughter on birth control that is your choice, but my daughter will go on birth control when she is old enough. You can not control what goes on behind your back but you can prevent the consequences that happen.
\

As I told you, I have had various talks at various ages with my daughter and she is aware of birth control methods that I have discussed with her. I am not going to be putting her on birth control at 11 years old.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2010, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOhioBound View Post
Maybe not where you grew up, but I had 3, yes 3 girls in my CLASS pregnant before we finished 7th grade! One of them was knocked up in 6th! You are being naive if you think kids as young as 8 aren't having sex these days. It is the peer pressure and wanted to be cool and liked by the guys. Trust me- IT IS HAPPENING and it is HAPPENING throughout this country, turn a blind eye or ear all you want.
Great that 8 year olds are out there giving oral sex and having these parties. Since an 8 year old and 11 year old who attended this party told you all about it, I'm sure you (as a responsible adult) went to their parents and informed them the type of party their children were at, didn't you? Or are you just giving up because kids are having sex and getting pregnant at 11, 12 years old?

Old 09-14-2010, 09:19 PM

2,120 posts, read 1,603,138 times
Ok..I'm starting to noticed that this board is becoming 'infested' with trolls- well maybe trolls isn't the best word but there's so many people on here who are so clearly not parents (whether they claim to be or not). You can just tell. And an 8 year old going to a "lipstick party"? BS.

ANYWAYS, I do agree that these parties are myths. Everyone knows about them, but I've never heard about one actually happening. My dd goes to a very diverse (in the sense that they draw from a wide variety of backgrounds- quite a few of the kids come from middle-upper class, two parent families and quite a few also come from single parent, broken, lower class families where drugs and alcohol are more prevalent) public high school with about 2,200 kids. There are kids who are having sex, doing drugs, smoking, drinking, etc. But NO ONE (at least to my dd's knowledge- she's friends with many, many people and knows what everyone's up to ) has "lipstick parties".

Old 09-14-2010, 09:31 PM

707 posts, read 834,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omigawd View Post
You are either a troll or a lunatic. Who in their right mind tells a FIVE YEAR OLD about sex and that she is the result of a RAPE??????? Great parenting.

\

As I told you, I have had various talks at various ages with my daughter and she is aware of birth control methods that I have discussed with her. I am not going to be putting her on birth control at 11 years old.

Im sorry but I am a good parent she asked who her real daddy was and I told her her daddy was a bad man who had sex with mommy without mommys consent. I TAUGHT MY DAUGHTER ABOUT SEX BECAUSE I DONT WANT SOMEONE TOUCHING HER AT A YOUNG AGE. So yes I am a great parent. You can raise your daughter the way you want and I can raise mine the way I want.

Old 09-14-2010, 09:37 PM

2,120 posts, read 1,603,138 times
Quote:
Im sorry but I am a good parent she asked who her real daddy was and I told her her daddy was a bad man who had sex with mommy without mommys consent. I TAUGHT MY DAUGHTER ABOUT SEX BECAUSE I DONT WANT SOMEONE TOUCHING HER AT A YOUNG AGE. So yes I am a great parent. You can raise your daughter the way you want and I can raise mine the way I want.
You can teach a kid that without teaching them about sex, you know. Simply say "if anyone touches you in a way that makes you feel uncomfortable, tell a trusted adult, or if you're in a public place, scream and shout". Not that hard, and you don't have to go into the details. I'm sorry, but a kid under the age of 8 does not need to know about sex.

Old 09-14-2010, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawflower View Post
You can teach a kid that without teaching them about sex, you know. Simply say "if anyone touches you in a way that makes you feel uncomfortable, tell a trusted adult, or if you're in a public place, scream and shout". Not that hard, and you don't have to go into the details. I'm sorry, but a kid under the age of 8 does not need to know about sex.
Im sorry but saying just if someone touches you in an uncomforable way is not good. Touching someone on the arm could be thought of as uncomfortable to some kids. So I simply said if someone touches you with their hands or even if they put their penis in or near you tell a trusted adult. Im sorry if I raise my kids a different way then yours but We now live in a state with High Sex Offender rates.

Old 09-14-2010, 10:41 PM

Quote:

Wow. Like I said earlier, you are either a troll or a lunatic.

The kid asks about her father and you say "he was a bad man who had sex with mommy without mommy's consent"...... . When your daughter is old enough to truly understand what this means, it is going to DEVASTATE her and make her feel horrible about herself . Good job.

You could have simply said something like "daddy is not a part of our lives. He wasn't a very good person and I only want you to be around good people. One day, when you're old enough to understand, I can tell you more." To sit there and tell a 5 year old baby she is the result of a rape is just sick and crazy.

A 5 year old doesn't need to know about sex because you don't want people touching her. You can simply teach her about her private parts or get anatomically correct dolls and teach her about "good touch/bad touch" and that no one is permitted to touch her or make her touch them. You don't have to teach a 5 year old about sex.

I really don't think you have children. I think you're a troll who is here to stir up crap. No mother in her right mind would do what you claim you're doing.

Old 09-14-2010, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Wow. Like I said earlier, you are either a troll or a lunatic.

The kid asks about her father and you say "he was a bad man who had sex with mommy without mommy's consent"...... . When your daughter is old enough to truly understand what this means, it is going to DEVASTATE her and make her feel horrible about herself . Good job.

You could have simply said something like "daddy is not a part of our lives. He wasn't a very good person and I only want you to be around good people. One day, when you're old enough to understand, I can tell you more." To sit there and tell a 5 year old baby she is the result of a rape is just sick and crazy.

A 5 year old doesn't need to know about sex because you don't want people touching her. You can simply teach her about her private parts or get anatomically correct dolls and teach her about "good touch/bad touch" and that no one is permitted to touch her or make her touch them. You don't have to teach a 5 year old about sex.

I really don't think you have children. I think you're a troll who is here to stir up crap. No mother in her right mind would do what you claim you're doing.

I have one child and one on the way. I am perfectly content with telling my child where she came from. I am not going to lie to my child. I can raise my kids how I raise them and you can raise yours how you raise yours.

Old 09-14-2010, 11:47 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,759,409 times
Quote:
or having oral sex under the bleachers are just that: STORIES.....
Maybe where you live, not where I lived.
I have no reason to disbelieve my DD when she says she witnessed drug use and oral sex at her inner city middle school.
Sexual acts start at an early age for a lot of the kids here who grow up in poverty, it's one of the ways they prove themselves.

"According to the Tennessee Department of Health, teen pregnancy in the Mid-South is common. In 2006, more than half of the babies were born to unwed mothers. More than 800 babies were born to mothers younger than 18 years-old and 49 babies were born to mothers younger than 15."
Speak Up! Memphis : Teen Pregnancy in the Mid-South
"The number of babies born to mothers 17 or younger continues to increase, despite targeted work by many.
In 2007, the rate was twice the national average, up more than 115 births
."
Economic downturn increases Memphis-area poverty The Commercial Appeal

Old 09-15-2010, 12:57 AM

90 posts, read 157,041 times
As far as I can tell, no one is claiming that teenagers aren't having sex and getting pregnant and all that. They're just disputing that all this having sex and getting pregnant is happening at middle school sex parties.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting