Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 11:43 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,873,839 times

Advertisements

OH MY!! I thought I'd seen it all till this one. I've seen other news stories about the "too revealing" prom dresses but this one wins the Grand Prize. NO WAY IN HADES would my child be stepping out wearing a dress like this to ANYWHERE! HORAY for the school for standing up and not allowing her in.

Video | Dallas Morning News | News for Dallas, Texas (http://www.dallasnews.com/video/index.html?nvid=243976 - broken link)

Video: Skimpy prom dress lands Houston teen in cuffs | Dallas Morning News | News for Dallas, Texas | Texas Regional News (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/texassouthwest/stories/051308dntexpromdress.f2d846d8.html - broken link)

Teen goes to prom in skimpy dress, ends up in bracelets - On Deadline - USATODAY.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2008, 11:57 AM

2,868 posts, read 9,552,301 times
Whoa...

I do wonder if Miley had her picture taken in this 'skimpy' prom dress verses her exposed back,,,if opinions of her would be better... HMMMM....

Old 05-12-2008, 11:58 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,435,377 times
Where is this girls Mother?? I want to know how on earth this kid got out of the house wearing such a thing?

I don't blame the school at all, I'm glad they took the stand and if she had to cause a scene over it, then the hotel had the right to call the police.

Old 05-12-2008, 12:15 PM

4,897 posts, read 18,490,627 times
that was NOT a dress--for goodness sake it was like a bikini--i bet her mom was so proud for designing it
some people just like attention and think they are on the red carpet--please!

Old 05-12-2008, 12:17 PM

110 posts, read 379,330 times
That is not a dress, those are leftovers from a dress!!! What is wrong with parents allowing her to leave like that?! Custom made dress... yeah, right!

Old 05-12-2008, 12:17 PM

when i graduated form HS, the girls gowns were white and kind of transparent, so we had to wear a white outfit underneath. some girls thought it would be so cool to just go in their undies--guess what--they didnt get to graduate with the class and their families didnt get to see them walk up and get their diploma--now i ask you--is that cool enough for you --dumb a$$es

Old 05-12-2008, 12:20 PM

3,644 posts, read 10,939,818 times
I'm sure that this story will be twisted. Already many of the comments on the other site are about how she shouldn't have been arrested for wearing the "dress".

She was arrested because of her BEHAVIOR, she wasn't allowed into prom because of the dress.

So much ignorance!

Old 05-12-2008, 12:26 PM

i agree that she should not have been handcuffed--now she looks like th victim. the truth is she HAD to have known that would not fly at the prom. she just wanted to be rebelious and do something crazy in front of her freinds.

Old 05-12-2008, 12:51 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,605,167 times
What kind of parent would let their daughter out of the house like that?

I know my parents, especially my dad, would have kicked my A$$. There is no way in hell I would even TRY to have worn something like that.

Makes you wonder what kind of parents are at home My guess is mommy probably dresses the same way.

Old 05-12-2008, 01:17 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,435,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findinghope View Post
i agree that she should not have been handcuffed--now she looks like th victim. the truth is she HAD to have known that would not fly at the prom. she just wanted to be rebelious and do something crazy in front of her freinds.
She was handcuffed for causing a disturbance at a hotel in demanding she be allowed in OR given her money back. I think that was completely appropriate and it was probably the decision of the hotel and not the school. People need to learn how to act AND dress in public, its that simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
What kind of parent would let their daughter out of the house like that?

I know my parents, especially my dad, would have kicked my A$$. There is no way in hell I would even TRY to have worn something like that.

Makes you wonder what kind of parents are at home My guess is mommy probably dresses the same way.
I have to say that it would not have even occured to me to wear something like that anywhere. I generally wore more by the pool then that dress.

Unfortunately our kids are too worshipping stars on the red carpet and actually believe they can dress that way in real life. Sad people are that unrealistic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting