U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 08:06 PM

30 posts, read 74,183 times

Advertisements

my son just turned 10 months and he is all over the place. the problem is he wont crawl! he rolls and pulls himslef with his hands. he gets up on his knees and rocks back and forth but its like he is afraid to crawl. i dont know if this is within normal or not. his pediatrician tells me not to worry but my daughter was already walking by now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2008, 08:53 PM

8,000 posts, read 16,687,168 times
My son never crawled, he went straight from rolling to walking (or should i say running ) at around 9 1/2 months.

I wouldn't worry about it, give your baby a few more weeks.

Old 05-29-2008, 09:20 PM

45,270 posts, read 85,158,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
My son never crawled, he went straight from rolling to walking (or should i say running ) at around 9 1/2 months.

I wouldn't worry about it, give your baby a few more weeks.
Ditto! Mine never bothered learning to crawl - just went right to walking and running

Old 05-29-2008, 09:28 PM

3,076 posts, read 6,396,218 times
I think if you did some research you'd find that rolling and pulling themselves with their hands is actually a variation of crawling, so he really is crawling, just in his own way.
I'd worry if he wasn't moving himself around at all, but since he is, go with the flow for now.

Old 05-29-2008, 09:38 PM

4,899 posts, read 16,116,846 times
my son started crawling late--around 9-10 months and walking at 13 months...dont worry for now. he desnt need the pressure--lol

Old 05-29-2008, 10:15 PM

2,588 posts, read 4,813,856 times
Here is just one more post telling you not to worry. Right now I'm staring at my 1-year-old wondering when she's going to walk. She's been standing up in the middle of the room without any assistance for over a month now. She hopped up and down once. She even took a successful step one time, then got so excited that she sat down to celebrate. Kid just moves at her own pace, whereas her sister ran across the floor at 9 months and hasn't stopped. They're all different, but they all get it eventually.

Old 05-29-2008, 11:05 PM

45,270 posts, read 85,158,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtee View Post
Here is just one more post telling you not to worry. Right now I'm staring at my 1-year-old wondering when she's going to walk. She's been standing up in the middle of the room without any assistance for over a month now. She hopped up and down once. She even took a successful step one time, then got so excited that she sat down to celebrate. Kid just moves at her own pace, whereas her sister ran across the floor at 9 months and hasn't stopped. They're all different, but they all get it eventually.
So true! One of mine walked -unaided, across the room - at 8.5 months, the other was almost 13 months old before he took a step!

Old 05-29-2008, 11:24 PM

335 posts, read 924,817 times
I wouldn't worry too much, my son never crawled he rolled and used his lil arms to pull himself up and then began "surfing" from couch too couch! He began walking at 11 months! And let me tell you I wish he would have crawled because he went from surfing and coasting to running, ugg.

Old 05-30-2008, 06:46 AM

396 posts, read 897,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_sugar37714 View Post
my son just turned 10 months and he is all over the place. the problem is he wont crawl! he rolls and pulls himslef with his hands. he gets up on his knees and rocks back and forth but its like he is afraid to crawl. i dont know if this is within normal or not. his pediatrician tells me not to worry but my daughter was already walking by now.

My son was the same. Don't worry, he'll be up in no time, and then you are going to wish you never worried.
Also, don't use your daughter as a way of comparing to your son. Girls and boys are very different, and in most cases girls develop faster than boys. I have been reading a lot lately about why they are different, and it comes down to development of the brain. One interesting thing I have learned about is that a boys hearing is not as acute as a girls, and this is part of the reason why it can be difficult to discipline them, or why one is constantly repeating something to them.
Big differences. Something to keep in mind.

Old 05-30-2008, 06:51 AM

4,899 posts, read 16,116,846 times
you know whats funny--as i said my son didnt walk until he was 13 months old.
it was mother's day and we were in a coffee shop--and wouldnt you know it, he took his first steps right there--guess he wanted an audience!
of course then he didnt want to stop walking the whole time and relished in the fact that all the strangers were cheering him on...lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or