Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 12:44 AM

1,492 posts, read 3,233,932 times

Advertisements

They grow up and push boundaries so fast.

Gave my 14yo DD a driving lesson today. A couple of laps around the front yard. She enjoyed it.

Actually speaking of 14yo daughter. We are onto boyfriend number err um 4 I think. All very cute. And she has asked permission to drink coffee. Mind you, speaking of calls from school. (there is another thread where the mom is getting calls from school) She came to me recently and said I was going to get a call from thes school because she had been at a party and had consumed some beer. I had known about the party but not the beer. She was duely paddled for both drinking beer and for keeping it from us. Indeed the next day I receive the phone call from the school advising me of the issue and at that time, I discover that this so called party had one 20yo male and 4 teens two boys and two girls and the 20yo had given the kids alcohol. I was amazed. This is not a party. The party I had understood was a party bascically hosted by all the kids who are in the school music program along with their friends. Turned out to be somewhat smaller than I had been lead to believe. She was duely paddled again and has been on her best behaviour since. She actually had been getting a little talk backish and engaging in a bit of delayed compliance.

Old 10-30-2010, 05:14 AM

3,430 posts, read 4,336,683 times
That's terrific that's she's 14 and has already had 4 boyfriends that you um know of. The paddling doesn't seem to be working too well. Perhaps it's time to take a different approach to discipline???? You also come off as sounding very proud of the physical abuse you give out. Almost all of your threads have some mention of paddling.

Last edited by KylieEve; 10-30-2010 at 05:18 AM.. Reason: .

Old 10-30-2010, 05:18 AM

20,793 posts, read 61,308,820 times
Sounds like you have a little rebel on your hands from all your strict parenting-it's only going to get worse.

Old 10-30-2010, 05:19 AM

3,430 posts, read 4,336,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgal View Post
Sounds like you have a little rebel on your hands from all your strict parenting-it's only going to get worse.

Old 10-30-2010, 07:04 AM

5,064 posts, read 15,900,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aidxen View Post

Gave my 14yo DD a driving lesson today. A couple of laps around the front yard. She enjoyed it.

Actually speaking of 14yo daughter. We are onto boyfriend number err um 4 I think. All very cute. And she has asked permission to drink coffee. Mind you, speaking of calls from school. (there is another thread where the mom is getting calls from school) She came to me recently and said I was going to get a call from thes school because she had been at a party and had consumed some beer. I had known about the party but not the beer. She was duely paddled for both drinking beer and for keeping it from us. Indeed the next day I receive the phone call from the school advising me of the issue and at that time, I discover that this so called party had one 20yo male and 4 teens two boys and two girls and the 20yo had given the kids alcohol. I was amazed. This is not a party. The party I had understood was a party bascically hosted by all the kids who are in the school music program along with their friends. Turned out to be somewhat smaller than I had been lead to believe. She was duely paddled again and has been on her best behaviour since. She actually had been getting a little talk backish and engaging in a bit of delayed compliance.
I think she's too old to be paddled. And what is the driving age there? That's very young. Instead of paddling her, you should take away privileges instead. For instance, I'd stop those driving lessons.

Old 10-30-2010, 07:26 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,458,432 times
I'd have to agree you may want to rethink a few things.
My DH used to get "the belt" when he was in trouble for something. It didn't stop him from doing any of it. He said he just figured that was the price he paid for doing XY or Z. He continued his behavior, took his licks when they came then turned around and did it again the next week. 14 year old is very young to be out at parties being hosted by 20 yo men providing alcohol.

Last edited by maciesmom; 10-30-2010 at 07:36 AM..

Old 10-30-2010, 07:35 AM

1,302 posts, read 1,806,643 times
You have a rebel and your paddling will not work. Trust me on this. Overly strict is not the way to go because you are going to push her in the opposite direction.

Old 10-30-2010, 07:41 AM

22 posts, read 18,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalan View Post
That's terrific that's she's 14 and has already had 4 boyfriends that you um know of. The paddling doesn't seem to be working too well. Perhaps it's time to take a different approach to discipline???? You also come off as sounding very proud of the physical abuse you give out. Almost all of your threads have some mention of paddling.
"Boyfriends" are not what they used to be. They simply are someone the girl likes, nothing more. Sometimes, the boy even likes the girl back and they have conversations at school. Wow.

Since the daughter is now behaving, my guess is that the paddling DOES work.

And I'm always very amused that EVERY post you make, you edit. Even one line. You make a LOT of mistakes, don't you. Perhaps in your judgement of others as well.

Old 10-30-2010, 07:59 AM

2,540 posts, read 6,230,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aidxen View Post
They grow up and push boundaries so fast.

Really? Paddling a 14 yr old?

So, your 14 yr old comes to you and admits that she was at a party and consumed beer and she was paddled? All you're teaching her is to not come to you w/ the truth in the future. If it had been my daughter, I would have thanked her for her honesty and then sat her down to talk. Actually, my daughter would not have been at this party in the first place. Did you check out this party before allowing your daughter to go? Did you find out who was in charge of hosting this party, kids? Were there not adults present? My daughter will be attending her band Halloween party tonight at her school sponsored by the band director. Only band members are allowed. No alcohol will be allowed! There will be several adults chaperoning. My daughter will not be attending another Halloween tomorrow that a girl in school invited her to. It will be at her house and her parents will be home and there won't be alcohol. The reason my daughter won't be going is she's only in 9th grade. Her friend is in 11th grade dating a college guy. Most of the kids are 11th-12th w/ college boyfriends. While I trust my daughter, I do not think she should be hanging out w/ college age guys yet. We sat her down and explained our reasoning and she was very understanding. Instead, she's going to a movie w/ 3 of her freshman classmates and then attending the church youthgroup party. Thank goodness she's not boy crazy. I may be in the minority, but I see no reason for a boyfriend at 14. There's plenty of group activities she can do w/ the opposite sex, just doesn't need a one on one relationship just yet. One last thing, if you had just paddled your daughter for drinking and hanging out w/ 20 yr olds, why in the heck are you rewarding her w/ a driving lesson?

Old 10-30-2010, 08:02 AM

2,540 posts, read 6,230,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by infipossi View Post
"Boyfriends" are not what they used to be. They simply are someone the girl likes, nothing more. Sometimes, the boy even likes the girl back and they have conversations at school. Wow.

Since the daughter is now behaving, my guess is that the paddling DOES work.

And I'm always very amused that EVERY post you make, you edit. Even one line. You make a LOT of mistakes, don't you. Perhaps in your judgement of others as well.
Boyfriends most certainly are what they used to be. Why do you think "16 and Pregnant" became so popular? From what you describe about having conversations at school is simply having a friend, big difference!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting