U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 07:33 AM

650 posts, read 1,926,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Movie Lover View Post
What I don't understand is why aren't people happy with just one? Why have a second and split the love and time between them?
I always tell my kids that my heart grew bigger when each of them where born, and that is exactly how it feels.

Your question is a little ridiculous to me, and I am feeling like you must not actually HAVE any children. Why imply that people with more chilren don't love them as much or spend as much time with them? Maybe that is how you would feel, but you certainly don't speak for everyone else. That is like me saying that all only children are egocentric brats that don't know how to socialize with other kids. It is a very broad generalization.

Geez, if YOU don't want more than one child, why insult others (including the OP) that do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2008, 07:52 AM

8,309 posts, read 33,335,973 times
When my first was born, an older, wiser co-worker told me "One kid isn't that bad. Two is like four and three is like nine. But don't worry, 25 years from the birthday of the last one you can do whatever you want."

Old 10-27-2008, 07:57 AM

5,500 posts, read 19,513,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaOS View Post
I'm in the same boat. I have a boy and girl (6,3) and I'm debating whether to have a third. The decision consumes me because I'm 37 and need to decide either way..NOW. I see the pluses and minuses on both sides, not sure which side I lean toward more. Some days, yes, some days no. On the one hand I finally feel like I'm back to being "me" again and able to go everywhere/back in shape, etc., but I also find myself staring at little babies wanting another one...I don't want to regret it when I'm older that I didn't have #3. But I just don't know? Will I ever come to a decision?
Maybe just let nature take its course!

We're coming on hard times with this economy, so that may play in your decision making, too.

Old 10-27-2008, 08:04 AM

3,031 posts, read 7,865,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmieyky View Post
Let God handle it and it will be complete one way or the other.

(p.s. People think I am nuts, but I can see having another one soon. Just a feeling, but I am not so sure I want Morgan to be an 'only' with such an age gap between his brothers. I guess we'll see what God has in store!)

Kimmiey
I hate to break it to you, but it's not god impregnating you.

Old 10-27-2008, 03:15 PM

850 posts, read 2,848,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
I beg to differ...but will reserve my comments as so the thread does not get off track.

Take care!

Old 10-27-2008, 03:20 PM

3,031 posts, read 7,865,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmieyky View Post
I beg to differ...but will reserve my comments as so the thread does not get off track.

Take care!
Mary?! LOL...

On topic...I think two kids is plenty for anyone.

Old 10-27-2008, 03:23 PM

2,568 posts, read 5,839,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Movie Lover View Post
Weren't you influenced into having the second one?
If you are asking me, nobody influenced me. I didn't do it because anyone person told me I should or because society expected me to. I alone realized that I shouldn't deprive my daughter of a sibling because I was a scary cat. My fears were the only reason that had kept us from having a second. Now a third doesn't fit in our family right now. Things may change.

Old 10-28-2008, 04:39 AM

6,878 posts, read 17,814,730 times
Quote:
Quote:
Mary?! LOL...

On topic...I think two kids is plenty for anyone.

No need for rudeness. She believes God is in control of whether she becomes pregnant.

I'm quite sure you already knew that, and chose to throw in your two cents anyway.

Old 10-28-2008, 12:26 PM

6,739 posts, read 8,541,977 times
Wow - Talk about being judged by some because you want more than 1 child?

Hey, Im currently pregnant with my Third and my last. I have no regrets and look forward to giving my Daughter lots of love as I do my 2 boys. We are financially secure enough to support another child. So, no need to throw in the welfare comments...

I also want to say - I was not influenced....It took me years and years to even conceive. I feel blessed!!!!!

"Some" need to Stop making judgements on people - who'd love to have more than one child.

Old 10-28-2008, 08:34 PM

1,651 posts, read 2,703,284 times
It baffles me why one isn't enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting