U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2008, 05:26 AM

2,937 posts, read 2,911,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by djf863000 View Post
I was spanked with a wooden spoon when i was younger, but when I reach age 10, I started to get Spanking fantasies.

That is yet another reason for parents to stop hitting their kids. Sometimes I wonder if these "Christian" authors like James Dobson who write books about spanking kids are closet pedophiles who get some kind of sick thrill from it.

I have heard that a lot of kids who were spanked end up with fetishes from it. Like I said, yet another reason not to spank.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2008, 10:07 AM

9,444 posts, read 14,986,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKrabs View Post
That is yet another reason for parents to stop hitting their kids. Sometimes I wonder if these "Christian" authors like James Dobson who write books about spanking kids are closet pedophiles who get some kind of sick thrill from it.

I have heard that a lot of kids who were spanked end up with fetishes from it. Like I said, yet another reason not to spank.
I can't stand James Dobson. He gives me the creeps.

Old 06-10-2008, 10:13 AM

859 posts, read 1,859,016 times
Wow all these parents here, who just *talk* and explain..... .and think they are better then the rest
Something I saw Mom or Dad explain that young Boy can not throw the Food on the floor, which the kid looked at them and smacked the Mom right in the Face. Mom did not even act shocked ( I was !) of course takes this little Guys hand " no, no" Kid goes into a SCREAMIN fit..... kicking the Table and pushing the food. By now you cant even hear the Parents *TALK or EXPLAIN* And no I am 100% SURE this BOY has done this before .....

Old 06-10-2008, 10:20 AM

15,371 posts, read 33,766,194 times
I got spanked, when I needed it, [very rarely] and it worked....I did NOT get beaten and I think that most permissive parents today need to discerne between the two....spankin and beating....or they could just sit the lil darlins down n read Dr Spock to them till they break.....[cruel and unusual punishment?]

Old 06-10-2008, 10:21 AM

15,371 posts, read 33,766,194 times
Quote:

I've also heard that people that don't get spanked end up as serial killers.....

makes as much sense as your assumprion.

Old 06-10-2008, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
I've also heard that people that don't get spanked end up as serial killers.....

makes as much sense as your assumprion.
Well, it does seem that most of the kids that I know in my son's school who are the troublemakers are spanked at home. Go figure...

Old 06-10-2008, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
or they could just sit the lil darlins down n read Dr Spock to them till they break

Much better than James Dobson.....

Old 06-10-2008, 03:46 PM

1,022 posts, read 2,978,630 times
Quote:
I'll never understand people who think its a good thing to hit children. The types of people that hit kids are only interested in keeping them in submission, not in them growing up to be healthy, happy, well-adjusted people. But more often than not, these child-beaters are extreme right fundamentalist "Christians" hiding behind a few scattered old testament Bible verses as their justification for hitting kids.

I disagree with you. I've spanked my kids and it was never to keep them in submission. I DO want them to grow up healthy, happy and well -adjusted, and they ARE! I am also not hiding behind a few bible verses, either. I'm doing what I feel is right and what works with my children.

Old 06-10-2008, 03:55 PM

1,022 posts, read 2,978,630 times
Quote:
Well, it does seem that most of the kids that I know in my son's school who are the troublemakers are spanked at home. Go figure...
Maybe their parents aren't doing it right.

I was spanked. I have a wonderful relationship with my parents. I'm very respectful. I don't have spanking fetishes, I was never a "troublemaker", I never got into trouble at school, and was always welcomed at my friends & neighbors houses. I'm a normal, devoted wife and stay-at-home mother to my children.

Let's not generalize here.

Old 06-10-2008, 04:44 PM

859 posts, read 1,859,016 times
Quote:
wow do you go arround asking people who spanks their Kids?

You sound like no matter what you will find a exsuse to baby youre Kid.

beating and spanking BIG difference. And its not the same as you brought up before if *we* would do this with a another Adult. *spank* or *slap* for attention...... unlike those Adults we are responsible for our Kids, and I rather slap them on the Butt, then have them act like some of youre ( parent who dont spank) Kids who hit, bite scream, do whatever they want.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or