U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-17-2008, 02:58 PM

24,822 posts, read 28,320,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAFan View Post
Well, I know I won't change. If I did, I would hate myself.
Now that's a little drastic, don't you think? If your opinion CHANGED, I doubt you'd feel that badly about it...

Old 06-17-2008, 02:59 PM

1,874 posts, read 576,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Now that's a little drastic, don't you think? If your opinion CHANGED, I doubt you'd feel that badly about it...
I just don't seen any good in parenting. I woud not make a good parent anyway.

Old 06-17-2008, 03:19 PM

3,088 posts, read 5,816,106 times
Some people never change their minds. The thought of having a child has never ever crossed my mind. I never had the urge to have a kid. I think you should go through with the snipping. Worse comes to worse you change your mind you can get it reversed. With it done you can assure no accidents will occur. Contact some doctors and see if they will do it. Some will say no because of their beliefs which I think is total BS but I digress.

Chill the hell out their are 6,674,827,794 people in this world as of 20:16 GMT. I am pretty sure you will have no problem finding a women who doesn't want kids.

Old 06-17-2008, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
Some people never change their minds. The thought of having a child has never ever crossed my mind. I never had the urge to have a kid. I think you should go through with the snipping. Worse comes to worse you change your mind you can get it reversed. With it done you can assure no accidents will occur. Contact some doctors and see if they will do it. Some will say no because of their beliefs which I think is total BS but I digress.

Chill the hell out their are 6,674,827,794 people in this world as of 20:16 GMT. I am pretty sure you will have no problem finding a women who doesn't want kids.
I know I wouldn't get it reversed. How old were you when you decided that you were never going to have kids?

Old 06-17-2008, 03:43 PM

3,088 posts, read 5,816,106 times
It has never ever crossed my mind. I just do not have the urge. If you asked anybody why they had kids or what the point is nobody will tell you. I think people just do it to fulfill the ultimate goals. Stable career,get married, have kids, grandkids, die.

Old 06-17-2008, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
It has never ever crossed my mind. I just do not have the urge. If you asked anybody why they had kids or what the point is nobody will tell you. I think people just do it to fulfill the ultimate goals. Stable career,get married, have kids, grandkids, die.
Yes. When I was 15 and under, I thought I wanted kids. But after having a real experience with kids, I decided enough is enough. I'm so glad I made the decision to stay childfree.

Old 06-17-2008, 03:53 PM

9,444 posts, read 9,983,811 times
Quote:
I know I never want kids because I had a rough childhood. I grew up in a rough environment!

I also don't want kids because I don't want grandchildren, I don't wanna feel old, I've already dealt with enough stress. I know guys my age who are childfree by choice!

I think parents are trying to mess with my mind. I'm never having children and I'm not going to have anyone try and discourage me from being childfree.
And I'm not going to discourage from your decision and believe me, I'm not trying to mess w/your mind, believe me.
I totally understand not wanting to have children because of traumatic past experiences. I am just trying to understand where you are coming from and also, although I'm not that much older then you, (I'm 30) I can tell you that life brings such twists and turns your way and a person grows so much in their 20s, that I would love to talk to you 10 years from now and see if you still feel the same.

I know plenty of people who are happily married, in their 30s and don't want to have children. ever. I respect the decision but not only that. I know that this decision came with a lot of thinking, a lot of discussing, a lot of contemplating combined with experiences that they have in their lifes, but at 19, the world might look different to you that it will 10 years from now.

Old 06-17-2008, 03:57 PM

Quote:
I'm almost 20. I stopped parenting when I had took care of my sister's kids when I was 15 and under. They were very stressful. I had to change diapers, clean up after them, take them to bed. They were just crying and getting on my nerves. I also was assigned to a summer job at 15 at a childcare center. I had to put with the same thing I had with my sister's boys, and they were driving me to the bone.

I decided enough is enough. I never want children and I'm sure about it. I know a man who made the decision at 15 that he was never going to have kids. He's 42 now and he has no regrets and is living a childfree life.
With all due respect, watching children at such young age who are not really even yours, is nothing like growing your own children...

Old 06-17-2008, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
With all due respect, watching children at such young age who are not really even yours, is nothing like growing your own children...
But I'm cool with my decision and I think LA is one of the worst places to raise a child anyway since the school system is messed up and the city is pleagued with gang violence, which is why I'm a fan of the West Coast.

Old 06-17-2008, 04:04 PM

Quote:
But I'm cool with my decision and I think LA is one of the worst places to raise a child anyway since the school system is messed up and the city is pleagued with gang violence, which is why I'm a fan of the West Coast.
Well, if you are a fan of the west coast for that reason, then perhaps you are right about your decision not to have kids.

Good luck with your decision, but I rest my case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.