U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2008, 07:22 AM

2,579 posts, read 2,116,318 times

Advertisements

I canīt believe this thread still goes on!!!!

Like other posts here I donīt understand why you, LAFan, started it in the first place since although the majority of the posts have supported your choice you still seems to be angry and bitter and in fact your position seems to become more extreme with every post .

Personally I think you are entitled to your opinion and your choices and nobody has the right to judge them. But equally you do not have the right to judge and denigrate other people if they have opinions different from yours.
Not everybody share your point of view? Well, thatīs life and no matter how upset you get things will not change.

I have learned from experience that no matter what choices one makes (to have children , not to have children, have one, have many, have them young, have them when you are older, marry, not marry, change job, not to go to University, move, change country, vote, not to vote,etc....) there will be always somebody critizing.

It is up to the individual to accept this fact of life and not let it embitter his/her life and relationships.

That would be a sign of maturity and perhaps people would start to take you more seriously.

Good luck

Last edited by hutch5; 06-18-2008 at 07:49 AM..

Old 06-18-2008, 09:30 AM

3,254 posts, read 5,206,682 times
LAfan you are stereotyping parents- do you stereoptype ethnicity as well?
Sounds like it.

Men who know they don't want kids should snip snip right away. You cannot force a guy into wanting kids. They really make the worst fathers because they told you from the start they DONT WANT KIDS.

LAdies quit trying to change men who want to be children forever. They want 2 be a kid- let them have at it.

Women who don't like or want children? Don't have them. Get yourself some protection and shuddap about it already. NO one cares about your reproductive rights.

I don't whine about how single people throw parties til 3 am and wake my kid up (I call the cops on them) so quit whining about parents and their kids. You dont like kids? Don't have any- PLEASE don't have any. But don't you dare try to restrict my right to drag my brats anywhere I please as long as they behave.

Deal with it.

Old 06-18-2008, 04:12 PM

403 posts, read 1,394,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
Some people never change their minds. The thought of having a child has never ever crossed my mind. I never had the urge to have a kid. I think you should go through with the snipping. Worse comes to worse you change your mind you can get it reversed. With it done you can assure no accidents will occur. Contact some doctors and see if they will do it. Some will say no because of their beliefs which I think is total BS but I digress.

Chill the hell out their are 6,674,827,794 people in this world as of 20:16 GMT. I am pretty sure you will have no problem finding a women who doesn't want kids.
I read that the world grows by an additional 3 people every second! That amounts to be 230,000 a day and 83,950,000 in a year and comes out to be 839,500,000 people in 10 years!*Twitch* so since 1998, we've grown that much! WOW!

Old 06-18-2008, 04:52 PM

3,088 posts, read 7,579,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwflconch View Post
I read that the world grows by an additional 3 people every second! That amounts to be 230,000 a day and 83,950,000 in a year and comes out to be 839,500,000 people in 10 years!*Twitch* so since 1998, we've grown that much! WOW!
World POPClock Projection

At 22:46 it was 6,675,060,656 and at 22:48 its 6,675,060,915. Somebody has been getting busy People worry about the birth rate too much. The amount of people who want them will always outnumber the people who don't.

EDIT: Hmm this is an interesting read Childfree - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 06-18-2008, 05:04 PM

1,875 posts, read 2,166,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
World POPClock Projection

At 22:46 it was 6,675,060,656 and at 22:48 its 6,675,060,915. Somebody has been getting busy People worry about the birth rate too much. The amount of people who want them will always outnumber the people who don't.

EDIT: Hmm this is an interesting read Childfree - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I read that article all the time. Its on my watchlist. Everything under the motivation section applies to me.

I agree with all the facts. Sadly, I can never tell if a woman wants kids and its pretty hard to find one who is childfree since the parents outnumber us.

I know if people remain childfree by 40, their looks will still look like they're in their 20's or early 30's. I have a friend who's over 40 and doesn't regret his decision at all, and he looks 30.

Old 06-18-2008, 05:54 PM

251 posts, read 784,903 times
It is there right to not have kids, i don't think that its right that they do not but its there choice and i will not argue with them over that. personally i know some people i wish would have not had kids.

Old 06-21-2008, 02:37 PM

603 posts, read 2,033,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAFan View Post
I read that article all the time. Its on my watchlist. Everything under the motivation section applies to me.

I agree with all the facts. Sadly, I can never tell if a woman wants kids and its pretty hard to find one who is childfree since the parents outnumber us.

I know if people remain childfree by 40, their looks will still look like they're in their 20's or early 30's. I have a friend who's over 40 and doesn't regret his decision at all, and he looks 30.
It sounds like you made up your mind...go ahead and get snipped if you can find a doctor to do it. Just keep in mind, you will still need to protect yourself from STD's so a vasectomy will not let you escape condoms if that is what you're looking for. Did you know 1 out of every 4 adults have STD's?

Old 06-21-2008, 02:38 PM

3 posts, read 10,593 times
I agree, go as long as you can without having kids. There's a show called the Baby Borrower's that will hopefully drive this through to teens!

Old 06-21-2008, 05:48 PM

4 posts, read 12,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think86 View Post
I agree, go as long as you can without having kids. There's a show called the Baby Borrower's that will hopefully drive this through to teens!

I saw some promos for that show. It looks interesting. When does it start airing? next week?

Old 06-21-2008, 06:50 PM

2,542 posts, read 5,763,902 times
Okay, there is no way I'm going to read all the posts, but... doesn't anyone else think it is strange that people are giving LAFan grief because he is looking for girls that are childfree??? He's only 19!!! I would hope my sons (when they are that old) are looking for child-free girls...

As for tying the knot, um literally, not figuratively, if you can wait, why don't you set an age? Since it is a major decision, why not set a goal--in five years or tens years you will do it. That way, you can let naysayers know you have thought and planned it out... nevermind, that wouldn't calm naysayers.

As for having a problem with people that don't want kids, that would almost be as annoying as people who get mad at people who have/want kids (weren't we all kids once?)!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or