U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-14-2008, 12:23 PM

1,874 posts, read 481,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelly Nomad View Post
Older than you, younger than you, it is still none of her business. It is no one's business besides you, your SO and your doctor. And maybe your insurance company. Everyone else, back off.
I would hope that the doctors would perform the sugery between 18-25.

Old 06-14-2008, 12:29 PM

268 posts, read 20,582 times
Heck, I know a grandmother who, before she became a grandmother and was loving her free life, said she didn't care if she had grandchildren or not. The minute she held her first grandchild - all that changed and now she ASKS to babysit.

Old 06-14-2008, 01:12 PM

When I was younger, when I made the decision that I never wanted kids, I used to think my search for a childfree girl would be easy. But dealing with girls in high school and watching reality television, all the girls were talking about is babies. I knew I was in deep stress and it wasn't going to be easy.

Old 06-14-2008, 02:20 PM

3 posts, read 3,635 times
No way is it selfish. I'm 31 and both my husband and I don't want to have children. I'm scheduled to have a sterilization latter this summer. If you are truelly sure you don't want children then stand tall and don't let anyone try and convince you otherwise.

Old 06-14-2008, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanlandy View Post
No way is it selfish. I'm 31 and both my husband and I don't want to have children. I'm scheduled to have a sterilization latter this summer. If you are truelly sure you don't want children then stand tall and don't let anyone try and convince you otherwise.
Is it possible for people between 18-25 to get a sterilization?

Last edited by wclac; 06-14-2008 at 02:35 PM.. Reason: Fixing grammer.

Old 06-14-2008, 08:03 PM

5 posts, read 11,238 times
Jadybug:

Quote:
Having said all of that, if you happen to come to parenthood by "accident" please don't make the child pay for it with it's life. There are too many wonderful, kind, and ever patient couples out there waiting to adopt.
Fetuses aren't "children." My body is mine to do with as I please, no woman owes any other couple a baby, and I have no intention of hosting a parasite in it for nine months.

Old 06-14-2008, 08:21 PM

1,013 posts, read 3,074,371 times
At 19 going on 20, I'm surprised this is even an issue with girls. I know my friends and I were not thinking about children at that age. I would think this would not become an issue until you are ready to settle down and get married. And I don't see anything wrong with choosing to not have children, I think it's responsible to recognize you aren't cut out for parenthood. You will get some people saying you are too young to make that decision, but that is only because older people know how much they changed over time. (I'm 30 and I know I've changed ALOT since I was your age.) You have to realize, no matter what you do, your family is going to be on your case. Before you get married, "When are you going to settle down and get married" will be the subject. Even people who choose to have kids get the whole, "So, when are you going to give insert child's name here a sibling" after they've had a child. Family members are notorious for being on everyone's case! You just have to do what is right for yourself and ignore the badgering from family.

Old 06-14-2008, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbd78 View Post
At 19 going on 20, I'm surprised this is even an issue with girls. I know my friends and I were not thinking about children at that age. I would think this would not become an issue until you are ready to settle down and get married. And I don't see anything wrong with choosing to not have children, I think it's responsible to recognize you aren't cut out for parenthood. You will get some people saying you are too young to make that decision, but that is only because older people know how much they changed over time. (I'm 30 and I know I've changed ALOT since I was your age.) You have to realize, no matter what you do, your family is going to be on your case. Before you get married, "When are you going to settle down and get married" will be the subject. Even people who choose to have kids get the whole, "So, when are you going to give insert child's name here a sibling" after they've had a child. You just have to do what is right for yourself and ignore the badgering from family.
Lol, I'm a guy.

But, I really resent people who judge others for their decisions. Why can't they leave us childfree alone?

Old 06-14-2008, 08:28 PM

1,013 posts, read 3,074,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAFan View Post
Lol, I'm a guy.

But, I really resent people who judge others for their decisions. Why can't they leave us childfree alone?
I know you are a guy! People get judged for pretty much everything. As long as you are happy with your decisions and respect other's decisions, don't worry about it!

(I meant that I'm surprised this is an issue with girls, as in the girls you date! )

Old 06-14-2008, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbd78 View Post
I know you are a guy! People get judged for pretty much everything. As long as you are happy with your decisions and respect other's decisions, don't worry about it!

(I meant that I'm surprised this is an issue with girls, as in the girls you date! )
I hate to admit, but its a shame that I can never tell if a girl is my type - never wants kids.

If a girl never wants kids, I would love her more than anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting