Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2008, 03:29 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,108,186 times

Advertisements

I truly respect the decision to not have children if it is made by someone who knows themselves well enough to acknowledge that they just aren't parenting material and feel no need for a child. That is a responsible, fair decision and I respect it and the person making it. What I do NOT respect is people who, having decided that they don't want children themselves, then resort to calling people who do "breeders" and calling the pre born baby a "parasite" and acting as though abortion is of no more consequence then getting a tatoo. That is not just someone who has decided not to have a child speaking. That is hatred, rage, and ugliness speaking and denotes the need for real quick therapy.

Old 06-17-2008, 05:27 PM

2,568 posts, read 6,748,696 times
LAFan,

Can I ask you why did you start this thread in the parenting forum?
First I thought you had a problem with people not accepting your decision. Then I thought you were complaining about not finding the right girl. Now I see you have been traumatized by parenting situations around you.
The question is: what are you looking for validation or different point of views?

I will give you my feedback in case you are interested.
First and foremost life happens. Tomorrow you could meet your soul mate and you decide you want to start a family with her.
Second you have experienced the hard work of what parents do but not the rewards. There are rewards.
At 16 I was anti-marriage because my parents were going through a divorce after years of fighting. Now I now what a good marriage is all about.
If you do not want children that is OK but don't make your decision based on what you have seen on others. Make the decision based on what is right for you because of who you are. Good luck.

Old 06-17-2008, 05:37 PM

1,875 posts, read 2,868,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzie02 View Post
LAFan,

Can I ask you why did you start this thread in the parenting forum?
First I thought you had a problem with people not accepting your decision. Then I thought you were complaining about not finding the right girl. Now I see you have been traumatized by parenting situations around you.
The question is: what are you looking for validation or different point of views?

I will give you my feedback in case you are interested.
First and foremost life happens. Tomorrow you could meet your soul mate and you decide you want to start a family with her.
Second you have experienced the hard work of what parents do but not the rewards. There are rewards.
At 16 I was anti-marriage because my parents were going through a divorce after years of fighting. Now I now what a good marriage is all about.
If you do not want children that is OK but don't make your decision based on what you have seen on others. Make the decision based on what is right for you because of who you are. Good luck.
I ask on this section because most of the people I face harassment from are parents. I've been called selfish, an animal, immature, all that. I've already come from a dysfunctional home.

Last edited by wclac; 06-17-2008 at 05:53 PM..

Old 06-17-2008, 05:50 PM

2,568 posts, read 6,748,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAFan View Post
I ask on this section because most of the people I face harassment from are parents. I've been called selfish, an animal, immature, all that. I've already come from a dysfunctional home.

They need to understand that I'm anti-parent and somewhat becoming anti-women.

Why should we bother trying to understand you if you are telling us up front you hate us? I am not going to waste my time any longer reading this thread.

Old 06-17-2008, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzie02 View Post
Why should we bother trying to understand you if you are telling us up front you hate us? I am not going to waste my time any longer reading this thread.
Because I tried to be get parents to understand me in the past, but they continued to harass, criticize and judge me.

Old 06-17-2008, 07:30 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,810,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
With all due respect, watching children at such young age who are not really even yours, is nothing like growing your own children...
That's true... it's worse when they're yours... there's no escape!

For some people, only a taste is required to know you'd rather not eat the whole dish.

Old 06-17-2008, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post
That's true... it's worse when they're yours... there's no escape!

For some people, only a taste is required to know you'd rather not eat the whole dish.
That is so true.

Old 06-17-2008, 08:03 PM

793 posts, read 2,212,939 times
No I don't have a problem with people who don't want children. What I have problem with, people who don't like or love children, or people who think parents with 5 or more kids are crazy. Those are the people I have a big problem understanding.

Old 06-17-2008, 08:24 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,507,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djf863000 View Post
What I have problem with, people who don't like or love children
Why should I or anyone else have to like or love children

Old 06-17-2008, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
Why should I or anyone else have to like or love children
Yea, thats what I don't understand either. Not everybody likes or loves children. Some can't stand kids with a passion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting