Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 03:41 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,042,133 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyNewMe View Post
I keep thinking when I read about babies in diapers: have it ever occured to you that the REASON that baby may be wearing diaper only, because he had just recently soiled himself/spit up/threw up/etc. so bad that his clothes is no longer wearable??
Most parents with kids in diapers carry around diaper bags - and they aren't just full of diapers. When my babies were that age, not only did I keep change of clothes in the diaper bags, but also kept extra sets of change of clothes in our cars, too. When you have babies/toddlers, it's just a fact of life... and thoughtful parents prepare for those kinds of things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2011, 11:23 PM

973 posts, read 2,141,172 times
I was thinking the beach or a pool as well. Having said that, I am kinda tired of all the 'Prosti-Tots' out there. You can substitute tot for tween if you wish. I just feel it's kinda sad. Girls are already concerned about their bodies as it is (some, most, it's an issue) . &, I live in UTAH!!!!!!!!!!!! Conservative USA. lol I was glad to leave most of the boxer showing guys back in Ohio though. I swear, if my DS wears his pants at his knees, I'll give him the biggest wedgie ever. lol Let kids be kids. But, we as parents, need to be parents, not friends. Not that I'm great or perfect, I'm FAR from it. lol

On a side note, I did take my kids to a grocery store in their swim suits (DD, 5 at the time, a tankini, & DS, 6 at the time, trunks) as I needed a couple things & didn't think to bring extra clothes. I'm really, really, really scatterbrained. lol I just had them sit in the cart & they had their towels covering them. lol Also, this is just ME. I have never even taken my kids in public in those 1 piece jammies. I wanted to wear all the cute clothes on my kiddos (my kids are 12 1/2 mos apart in age, so, it's not like it was 'easy' lol) . &, I was one of 'those' people who never took my kids out w/o socks &/or shoes. Yeah, I'm kinda weird. As we've all grown, I'm just happy if my kids are covered going out. lol

Old 04-28-2011, 12:06 AM

836 posts, read 1,777,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haggardhouseelf View Post
Most parents with kids in diapers carry around diaper bags - and they aren't just full of diapers. When my babies were that age, not only did I keep change of clothes in the diaper bags, but also kept extra sets of change of clothes in our cars, too. When you have babies/toddlers, it's just a fact of life... and thoughtful parents prepare for those kinds of things.
I did, too.. but, unexpected things happen... diaper bag could be forgotten, misplaced, or (rather!) the kid might have been picked up/brought by a slightly clueless dad or other relative who didn't happen to know where diaper bag is supposed to be at or didn't think it would be needed on a short trip, etc. My husband sure did that!
Hell, even a couple spare outfits could be ruined fairly quickly! Or, the parents are so new and unexperienced that they didn't quess before that a tiny kid could poop THAT much!!
Point is, things happen. I always look for reaons/explanations, not faults. Easier on the nervous system that way!

I am far more disturbed to see babies wearing onesies while their parents sport winter hats and parkas (figuratively speaking, but not that far off)

Old 04-28-2011, 09:14 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,155,231 times
If everyone dressed appropriately we wouldn't have things like this for entertainment.

Funny Pictures at WalMart

Old 04-28-2011, 11:57 AM

538 posts, read 1,521,430 times
Wow! I don't know what to say! Just worry about yourselves, people, geez! I especially like the undertones of "I hate it when parents do that; but I do it myself because it's just who I am!"

Old 04-28-2011, 12:10 PM

124 posts, read 245,423 times
Babies in nothing but a diaper? I have no problem with that. South Texas is freakin' HOT! If I could get away with wearing nothing but a diaper, I'd do it, too...wouldn't look cute, though! *lol*

Having said that...anyone over the age of 2 should not be running around clad in a swimsuit unless at the pool/beach. Fairy costumes and Superman capes are always appropriate, though.

Old 04-29-2011, 03:54 PM

35 posts, read 87,460 times
We lived in Texas for 9 years and it's HOT!! I saw many people going in to stores with a baby only wearing a diaper, I always popped a little T-shirt/shorts over, but I always put clothes on my daughter when we went out, never really thought about it, I just did it.

Each to their own really...but, a neighbor would let her infant son clad only in a diaper sit in mud puddles in the middle of the street, with no adult in sight, I was concerned about that one and would pick him up and take him home

Old 04-30-2011, 01:58 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine_Ms._Q View Post
Babies in nothing but a diaper? I have no problem with that. South Texas is freakin' HOT! If I could get away with wearing nothing but a diaper, I'd do it, too...wouldn't look cute, though! *lol*

Having said that...anyone over the age of 2 should not be running around clad in a swimsuit unless at the pool/beach. Fairy costumes and Superman capes are always appropriate, though.
Well, no one knows the whole story in the OP. Maybe the family in question was on their way to or from swimming lessons, in which case a swimsuit on a young child would be entirely appropriate. In any even, the kid probably had on as many clothes as she would have in a crop top and bloomers.

Old 05-02-2011, 02:03 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,042,133 times
Another reason you keep your babies covered when it's hot (like I did when we lived in Texas and California) was to protect the babies skin. So, really, keeping covered isn't just about being decent or modest and being respectful to others, it's about keeping healthy, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting