U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 04:48 PM

17,698 posts, read 34,861,113 times

Advertisements

As a mother of 3 young children (6, 5 &2), I say BRAVO to AirTran! It's obvious these parents are spoiling the snot out of this child. Can you imagine what that beast is like at home? My kids would be thrilled to be able to sit in a grown up seat!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2007, 04:51 PM

3,314 posts, read 12,260,185 times
Are we all fogetting that this was a little child. They should have given the parents more time to settle the child down. [b]NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/B] I'm surprised we haven't heard from the ACLU or a lawyer on this yet, but I am optimistic. Give it time!

Old 01-25-2007, 05:05 PM

17,698 posts, read 34,861,113 times
AirTran tried to work with the parents, but they sound like brats themselves:

http://www.tampabays10.com/news/national/article.aspx?storyid=48035 (broken link)

And, according to MSNBC, they Benadryl'd the girl up for her flight home the next day.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16812223/

Old 03-18-2010, 10:04 AM

1 posts, read 1,855 times
Hi All : I need some advice. My boy is almost 32 months old and always gets out of control whenever we visit friends. All he would do is, go to the center of the room and start jumping. I am not able to control him and make him play with the other kids or make him sit down. He is running around all over the place and again goes to the center of the living room and starts jumping in front of others. ANY HELP?

Old 03-18-2010, 11:58 AM

5,748 posts, read 10,504,424 times
Children will be children, and sometimes they're extraordinarily uncooperative, but the parents were responsible for getting the child into her seat in a timely manner. They must now step up and accept the consequences for their failure to comply with regulations. The airline had a schedule to meet and other customers were depending on a timely departure. If the family was holding things up, it was perfectly reasonable for the airline personnel to remove them. I do not think that AirTran needed to do anything other than find them another flight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica9876 View Post
Hi All : I need some advice. My boy is almost 32 months old and always gets out of control whenever we visit friends. All he would do is, go to the center of the room and start jumping. I am not able to control him and make him play with the other kids or make him sit down. He is running around all over the place and again goes to the center of the living room and starts jumping in front of others. ANY HELP?
Drive, don't fly, and stop frequently for breaks.

Old 03-18-2010, 08:51 PM

67 posts, read 71,345 times
OMG if that was my daughter she would have been over my lap in a heartbeat, getting spanked (SPANKED, not beaten!!!) and she surely would have been quiet for the rest of plane ride. We were flying to California one time, and my daughter (4 at the time) wouldn't sit down prior to take off. We had clearly had gone over the plane expectations before we boarded yet she chose to disobey, so I put her over my lap and gave her 7 good swats. Believe me, she was a SILENT angel for the ride, and the older lady next to us actually told me thank you.

I was flying from San Fran to Tokyo a few years ago, and the little girl next to me was kicking the seat in front of her. I told her numerous times to stop (all the while her parents were asleep) and she wouldn't. Finally I put my hands over her legs and told her in a firm voice that if she didn't stop, I'd tell the person behind us to start kicking her seat and see how she liked it then. She stopped. Smart little girl

Old 03-22-2010, 01:20 PM

15,230 posts, read 23,756,652 times
I was walking down the aisle and I can see that a child (4 or 5) was sitting in my window seat, there were 3 seats in a row, the mother was on the aisle. I say to the mother she is in my seat (nicely), then the mother tells me, well would you mind she would really like to sit near a window, I then let my niceness go and tell the mother, Well, you can't always get what you want, so get her out of my seat! Then I called the stewardess, so the mother knew I wasn't playing. She moved the child.
Hey, if you know your child wants a window seat, which is fine, order one just like I did....

Old 03-22-2010, 01:21 PM

15,230 posts, read 23,756,652 times
Quote:

seriously, maybe he has ADHD and can't help himself.

Old 03-22-2010, 01:50 PM

108 posts, read 446,995 times
Quote:
What is your method of discipline at home? 32 months isn't too early to learn about time outs. If you haven't already put that in place, start now so that your son is aware of what happens when you warn him.

Old 03-22-2010, 02:04 PM

821 posts, read 1,757,691 times
Pixie and Momof2... I also have a VERY Active 3 year old boy and I have to say we're going on a trip in two weeks and I'm so nervous I really dont want him to act "Wild" LOL... we did go last year 3 hour trip and he was fantastic back and forth but there's that anxiety I wouldnt want to disturb everyone else trip...
What I did... I woke up the kids super early that day and all day we were busy... I didnt let them just sit... LOL we got to the airport 2 hours before and I let him run around like crazy... once we were on the plane he was as quiet as a mouse...LOL and I did the same coming home... If I were in the situation like the parents getting kicked out... You would have definatley heard sit down and sit down now... if that didnt work then I would have told him "Do you want something to cry about" LOL --- Yes we do use that LOL and if i had to he would get popped there is no reasoning with a 3 year old once they are at that stage the parents need to just control the kid and move forward...

P.S. we always get two seats in one row and two seats directly behind and he always sits in the seat behind me so that way if he's kicking the chair at least it will be me that he's bothering...LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or