U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 01:28 PM

589 posts, read 1,384,459 times

Advertisements

Woman charged with child abuse for driving child on roof of car -- South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

Quote:
Sun-Sentinel.com | South Florida Sun-Sentinel
2:36 PM EDT, August 6, 2008

Lake Worth - A Lake Worth woman was arrested last night when deputies responded to a Marathon grocery store Tuesday evening to reports she was driving around the parking lot with a small child on the roof of her car.

Brenda Bouschet, 54, told deputies she didn't understand why she was wrong to place the three-year-old girl on the roof of the car and drive her white 2006 Lexus around the parking lot of Publix in Marathon.

Bouschet said she was just giving the child some air and letting her have fun. Numerous onlookers called Sheriff's Office dispatchers at 6:40 p.m. because they were afraid the child would fall off the roof of the car.

The deputies explained the dangers of such behavior, and reminded Bouschet that the child was actually supposed to be restrained in a car seat inside the car when it was traveling, not on the roof. Bouschet was taken to jail, charged with Child Abuse. The child was turned over to her mother.

AMAZING...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2008, 01:39 PM

3,191 posts, read 7,671,488 times
Sorry I can' t help it ROTF
those WERE the good ole days when your parents could something totally off the wall and fun....I remember getting a ride in the trunk!!!!! (out in the country in a field)

and sitting on the dropped down gate of a pickup with our shoes draggin on gravel and standing up in the bed with our arms a flapping for balance.....

rule number one DON'T do anything in public!

Old 08-07-2008, 02:21 PM

5,347 posts, read 15,054,243 times
Boy, I didn't realize I was being abused for standing on the sideboard and rear bumper of a pickup while it was slowly moving. I remember jumping off too. I thought it was fun at the time, but I must have been abused into thinking that and probably now need therapy.

Old 08-07-2008, 02:22 PM

658 posts, read 550,392 times
What idiot trusted this wacko with 1. a baby and 2. a Lexus?

Old 08-07-2008, 02:25 PM

788 posts, read 1,817,347 times
I called the police yesterday. On my way home from work a woman was letting her young (under 6 years old) grandson sit on her lap and drive the car. I followed her for about a mile before they turned off...
CRAZY!

Old 08-07-2008, 02:26 PM

5,974 posts, read 16,436,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
those WERE the good ole days when your parents could something totally off the wall and fun....I remember getting a ride in the trunk!!!!! (out in the country in a field)

and sitting on the dropped down gate of a pickup with our shoes draggin on gravel and standing up in the bed with our arms a flapping for balance.....

Hahahaha! Crazyma, you live up to your name! You crack me up!!! Lemme see if I can rep you already. If not IOU one!

Old 08-07-2008, 02:28 PM

10,782 posts, read 14,776,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post

Were you 3 years old?

Old 08-07-2008, 03:16 PM

589 posts, read 1,384,459 times
Well LOL I remember being stuffed in the back of a hot pick-up truck with a cap with my brother and several cousins &/or step-brothers. Yes, those were the days.

Sitting on the trunk or in a pick-up bed in a rural situation on your own land? go for it. It's still not safe but it's your land and private property.

A THREE YEAR OLD is a different matter. The 3 yo doesn't know to stay still. The other drivers in a grocery store parking lot are not likely to be ultra cautious in their backing up, turning or whatever.

It's just not smart.

Old 08-07-2008, 03:38 PM

20,793 posts, read 49,697,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akck View Post
Boy, I didn't realize I was being abused for standing on the sideboard and rear bumper of a pickup while it was slowly moving. I remember jumping off too. I thought it was fun at the time, but I must have been abused into thinking that and probably now need therapy.
Us too-we weren't 3 but we were not much older. My younger brother was probably about 3 though. We would sit on the tailgate of the station wagon and jump off and on--on back country roads, not in a parking lot.

I agree that putting a 3 year old on the roof of a car driving around a parking lot is pretty stupid though.

Old 08-07-2008, 04:25 PM

3,191 posts, read 7,671,488 times
Hey, most parents back in the day DID have some commonsense, and didn't usually let their kids do totally STUPID stuff like sit on laps and drive in traffic. That must be something Britney Spears taught the less smart of society

There were times for silliness, and times you knew darn well when mama or daddy said sit your butt down in the seat, you best do it. Or they would pull over, yank you out and apply the spark of reality to your hiney. THAT'S why we lived without carseats and seat belts.... amd grew up to tell about it.

I am not saying it is OK to do such silliness....'cuz there is always one fool out there that don't GIT it....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting