Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Moving to North Carolina: great schools, education teacher.

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 12:49 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,537,332 times

Advertisements

I posted the orgininal post. I went to the school today for a open house and again I asked why my kids could not be in the same classroom as the principal never called me back. I spoke with the Vice Principal and I met both teachers. THey were both nice but my daughter is still upset by being in a seperate class. I was willing to just live with it as I'm sure we would adjust and get through it. I at the principal would call me and she did and you will not believe what she said to me. When I registered by kids they wouldn't let me leace the office with the paperwork. So I had to fill it out there. My kids both 6 didn't act very good in the office as we had just been to the High school and sat there awhile and now I had 6-7 papers to fill out for each of them. I will be honest they weren't on their best behavior. Well there was a boy sitting in the office that day and the office worker who told the principal that they shouldn't be together because they didn't act right. The principal told me that is the reason they weren't placed together. I was so MAD that I went off on her. She doesn't know me or my kids. They have not been a problem in their prior school. They never checked with that school. They basically called my kids brats. I can't belive that she was so unprofessional to even say that to me. I didn't realize that staff children and office people place children. Would anyone else be insulted or is it just me. Oh and I'm not the kind of Mom who thinks my kids are prefect they aren't. I have worked in schools and I never heard of this before.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2008, 03:32 PM

2,542 posts, read 6,913,045 times
How horrible! It would make me want to pull the kids from the school immediately! I should say I tend to have very strong, reactionary feelings--one of many reasons why my husband is good for me--he keeps me level-headed. What a way to start a new school! What a horrible situation--the principle should have reviewed this with you from the get-go.

Old 08-22-2008, 04:29 PM

3,842 posts, read 10,508,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmom48 View Post
Well there was a boy sitting in the office that day and the office worker who told the principal that they shouldn't be together because they didn't act right. The principal told me that is the reason they weren't placed together. I was so MAD that I went off on her. She doesn't know me or my kids. They have not been a problem in their prior school. They never checked with that school. They basically called my kids brats. I can't belive that she was so unprofessional to even say that to me. I didn't realize that staff children and office people place children. Would anyone else be insulted or is it just me. Oh and I'm not the kind of Mom who thinks my kids are prefect they aren't. I have worked in schools and I never heard of this before.
OK, so you are saying that a child & office worker saw your children, told the principal they were acting up & based on this random child's & office worker's observation the principal made a decision in which she told you she made a decision based on what a random child & officer worker said?

Sorry...having a real hard time believing any of this story.

If it is true to any extent, you should go to the Board of Education.

Your children will be fine in separate rooms. It's life & it's healthy they learn to adjust by 1st grade.

Old 08-22-2008, 05:23 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,537,332 times
Yes that is what she said. She said that too be honest and then said that. They also need a certain amount of boys in a class and girls and they had already placed kids. I enrolled my kids a week or more ago and then e-mailed my request as I was told I had to. After I told her off she then called their school in Michigan to find out that they had no problem being in the same class. Why didn't she call them before I got mad instead she listens to a office worker and a child. Who has perfect kids I don't and Ihave 7. The thing that makes me so mad as that my kids were judged just by that time in the office and labeled . They didn't know me or my kids, what we did before we got there and that we moved to a place where everything and everyone is new. They work with Children I had expected better. I'm not impressed. I thought the principal was unprofessional in even saying that. I mean I have been in places many times where my kids start to get tried of waiting and if it is a office or anywhere someone may give a paper and pencil or a book instead this office person just watched. The really silly thing is why I had tot the papers there instead of just taking them home and returning them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting