Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 01:12 AM

115 posts, read 541,337 times

Advertisements

I feel strongly that the government has gotten too involved with the raising of our children. Children know that nowadays that a lie, mixed in with a quick 911 call, seasoned with child protection is their recipe for freedom to do or say what they wanna say to us as parents and yet they make us responsible for their actions. What happened to the days of big momma or mommie? She could wope that butt and that was it. You could still live years later to thank her for it and laugh at the memories. I do think there are too many parents trying to be on their children level and thats why they loose respect. I know some that smoke weed with them , go to young adult clubs with them and even steal with then. I'm not talking about those parents.
"They need a wooping!" Theres also the children from good homes who mimick what they see their friends do who are in homes like the ones I mentioned earlier and come to thier own homes and try it and get the Big Momma licking.I also know of a lot of parents both single and married that go to work,struggle to keep the bills paid and try to give their kids what they need and not what they want. Government call it beatings and thats crap! The bible says Beat em with a rod cause if you"Spare the rod you spoil the child." Back in the bible days if a child was disrespectful or rebellious to their parents, they would be taken to the elders and be stoned to death. I guess thats what group homes and jail is...The government has interfered with what God intended for us as parents to do because he knew there will be a rebellious nation. Theres a big difference between beatings and wopings and thats what they don't understand, As soon as they see a mark it's child abuse but don't understand I didn't keep still when I got woped so If I got a mark, SOOO I SHOULDV'E BEEN STILL. I woped mine and they are great adults.Let me stop there. Any opinions? Please elaborate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2008, 01:19 AM

115 posts, read 541,337 times
Give me a "AMEN!" or a "O ME.

Old 09-03-2008, 07:17 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,485,663 times
You could repost this in Parenting it is 'Off Topic' here.

Old 09-03-2008, 08:24 AM

9,191 posts, read 33,883,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
You could repost this in Parenting it is 'Off Topic' here.
I agree, and I'm moving it to the parenting area.

Old 09-03-2008, 01:19 PM

29 posts, read 90,868 times
I agree with you keki 100%. I was spanked as a child and I had the utmost respect for my parents. I'm in my 50's and raised two boys. I spanked them also. And they respect me also. I even had to use ToughLove on my oldest and he has thanked me several times for doing that. It made a man out of him.
One of my Brothers children stood up and told him she was going to call the police. He gently told her "Go ahead and do what you feel you need to do; BUT remember I will get out of jail and give you the spanking you need". She didn't call. Because she knew it was true. She has thanked her Daddy also.
Since the Government has stepped in; we have seen crime go way out of control. We've seen our School systems decline. I wouldn't teach now for nothing. The kids in schools are so out of control and disrespectul. My Best friend had to guit because she was attacked by a student when she told them to go to the office for cussing in class. She had 2 broke ribs and a concusion. It's allot easier to just sit back and let you children run over you. I chose the opposite so my boys grew up to be men. It was harder but is sure was worth it.

Old 09-03-2008, 04:02 PM

702 posts, read 1,983,979 times
Yeah I believe in spanking. I was spanked and I made out ok and I hold no grudges against my parents. This time out stuff makes kid walk all over the parents, IMO. I teach my kids respect and to be respectful of others and their surroundings.

Old 09-03-2008, 10:04 PM

3,615 posts, read 7,777,094 times
Abusing children is never acceptable. Hitting just teaches them violence is ok, and causes psychological scars. This is evidenced by the posts of people who believe in abusing children who were probably abused themselves.

The correct thing to do is to take away privileges.

Old 09-03-2008, 10:40 PM

2,542 posts, read 6,915,475 times
Umm, the government hasn't interferred with my parenting at all. My kids don't think that they can get whatever they want by lying and calling the cops because I teach them they can't and I live by example. In fact, I don't know anyone who has any kind of this problem; I also don't know anyone who gives "wopings." Maybe I hang out with a different crowd.

Old 09-03-2008, 11:47 PM

18 posts, read 34,839 times
The people who makes these rules need to spend some time babysitting and they will change their tune.

Old 09-04-2008, 05:48 AM

702 posts, read 1,983,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by netdragon View Post
Abusing children is never acceptable. Hitting just teaches them violence is ok, and causes psychological scars. This is evidenced by the posts of people who believe in abusing children who were probably abused themselves.

The correct thing to do is to take away privileges.
There is a big line between abuse and a spank...I was spanked and so were many many others in the world and we were not "abused". Go ahead and take away their privileges (their wii's their tvs their bikes etc) and see how much respect u get they won't care at all. They know they will get it back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting