Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 05:46 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,655,987 times

Advertisements

I know there are some who don`t believe in this, but there are also some who take their children out. Was wondering where you go?
Family, and close friends? Mall? Maybe around your neighborhood?
Also, what do they want to dress up as this year?
Mine wants to be a clone trooper.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2008, 07:20 PM

841 posts, read 4,838,640 times
We LOVE Halloween at our house! We trick or treat around our neighborhood on Halloween. We usually walk with neighbor friends of ours while the kids run in front and compete who can get to the next house first.
I also decorate like crazy, and have a really fun and spooky breakfast and dinner for the kids. We go all out.
My mom made Halloween really special for me, and I love doing the same for my kids.

Oh, both of my boys want to dress up as vampires. They want me and my husband to dress up as vampires, too. We usually dress up, and I told them I'd try to find a bat costume.

Old 09-04-2008, 07:26 PM

20,793 posts, read 61,282,830 times
I don't...they go by themselves . They go all over our end of town, always have. I haven't heard what they want to be yet.

Old 09-04-2008, 07:37 PM

3,842 posts, read 10,508,743 times
Initially, we went to the mall when he was small. It was really well organized & very practical for those just starting to walk or younger 2's , etc.

This year, dh is taking him out around the neighborhood. My dh is very excited b/c it's the first time he will be going up to homes. My dh is a Star Wars buff & I assume it our son will either be some Star Wars character or Bat Man. Depends on what he is interested in come mid-Oct.

I'll be at home with our #2 & pass out candy.

We love Halloween at our house. My dh & I have great childhood memories of that time & hope our children enjoy it for it is truly a great time for kids!!

I look forward to reduced price candy the day after Halloween

Old 09-04-2008, 08:20 PM

4,897 posts, read 18,486,068 times
we LOVE halloween. ever since my dhand i met we have dressed up in complimenting costumes and we added our little one to the mix also.
we dont know yet, but we get very excited!
he is little so we just took him to family members and to work to show him off...

Old 09-04-2008, 08:41 PM

1,261 posts, read 6,103,628 times
Last year our child was able to dress up and participate in a Halloween party at Church, be part of our neighborhood Halloween parade, go to a library storytime (in costume) and we took her trick-or-treating in our street (we have a preschooler). Last year she was a cat, this year she wants to be a fairy.

Old 09-04-2008, 09:16 PM

2,119 posts, read 3,711,167 times
First we visit the neighbors, then we hit the mall for an hour and finally, to my inlaws' and their neighbors.

The other day I told my daughter to start thinking about who or what she wants to be and to think about a costume for our 2 year old daughter as well. I'm sure she'll come up with something good.

I love making their costumes...so much more fun than buying them. Nothing extravagant, but the costumes are obviously not store bought.

Old 09-05-2008, 03:54 AM

1,224 posts, read 3,373,422 times
I take my son to the mall, he loves dressing up so I try to buy 1 or two costumes a couple of weeks after Halloween when they are like $5 and put them away for his birthday.Of course I make sure they are a size or two larger, so he just picks out waht he wants to be out of his play things. Our 3 month old needs a costume DS1 says he should be a baby pig because he eats all of the time.

Old 09-05-2008, 04:04 AM

603 posts, read 2,339,161 times
We've always walked our neighborhood, but we moved this summer. Now we're in a small condo neighborhood with NO children except ours (there is 3 month old baby, but I assume she isn't trick or treating this year). So I don't know what we're doing this year. I thought about driving to a different neighborhood and walking them from house to house.

Old 09-05-2008, 10:31 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,951,541 times
My son is past the age, but he would go in our neighborhood. His birthday is 2 days before Halloween and my husband's is Halloween. So to say we are over the top here is putting it mildly. We are the "Halloween House" in the neighborhood and go to great lengths to make it an event for kids to come to our house.

We even have a website - hauntingyouryard.com

We all dress up. Vampires tend to be the theme.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting